Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the first 'too good to refuse' action of my chairman is a fact. #$%(#@*

Portadown, Premier Division, are look to smash the clubs transfer fee record with a bid of 144.000 euro for Liam Kenna icon_frown.gif

Bloody hell he was worth a lot more if you ask me. I was planning Kenna as my club legend.. Right life goes on, so lets look in my youth team for midfielders haha icon_smile.gif

Worth telling:

games 22; goals 9; assists 2; MoM 4; AvR; 7.09

p.s am half way atm in the first division, so i am hoping this aint gonna cost me my 2nd place atm

Just played about 10 minutes of my game.

Played the Champions League Qualifying 2nd Round and won 3 - 1 on aggregate icon_smile.gif

Anyway here's the good news..

I get Arsenal in the next round icon_cool.gif

Should get me a few quid icon_smile.gif

WTF? Anyone had that before?

Kenna just accepted a new contract with Mosside?!!!! I gave him a contract just 30euro more and for 3 years, not really heavy ****.. but he accepted and the offer Portadown made is gone?!!

Razer82 – Clough Rangers – 2008 / 2009 – Northern Irish Second Division

League – 1st – Champions!

Northern Irish Cup – 5th Round – Lost 1-0 to Crusaders

Intermediate League Cup – Finished 4th of 6 in Group 1

Antrim Trophy – Quarter Final – Lost on penalties to Larne Tech OB

Intermediate Cup – 3rd Round – Lost 3-1 to Carrick

Antrim Cup – Quarter Final – Lost 5-2 to Linfield

Manager Profile

Team Stats

Transfer Summary

Top Scorer

What a first season in charge! As you can see above we stormed the league winning it with 3 games to spare. We never really struggled losing just once in the 22 games to Ballymoney United in the second game we went on a 20 game unbeaten run to secure back to back promotions for Clough Rangers. We broke a number of records, Points – 51, Goals – 70, Games without losing – 20, Top Goalscorer – Jonathan Downing 27, Most Assist – Robbie Wright 10, Highest Average Rating – Jonathan Downing 8.11 and Most Man of Match – Jonathan Downing 8. Although we were able to top the scoring charts, our defence left a lot to be desired and we had the 7th worst defence in the league. Something that will need to be addressed for next season in the First Division.

The number of cups available to play in was my main reason for choosing Northern Ireland and we certainly made an impact in all those we participated in. I was rather pleased to have made the Quarter Finals in both the Antrim Trophy and Cup, something that I will be looking to repeat next season. We also managed to reach the 5th round of the Northern Irish Cup where we were unlucky to lose to Premier League side Crusaders. The only cup performance that I was disappointed with was the Intermediate League Cup where we failed to progress from the group stage.

All in all this was a great season for Clough Rangers – promotion to the First Division at the first time of asking. The season did start rather slowly but our performances picked up greatly with the arrival of the islanders in October, especially Jonathan Downing who managed an amazing 36 goals in 26 games along with 10 assists. He was partnered upfront by Chris Blackwell who managed an as impressive 15 goals in 16 games with 11 assists. I will be looking to these two to lead the charge towards the Premier League next season.

In a similar way foost I have a 17 year old Swiss under-21 international defender on my team. He is wanted by many many clubs and I have accepted a lot of bids for him around £100K +50% sell-on. The guy has rejected about 10 contract offers from other clubs though so he remains with me.

Originally posted by foost:

WTF? Anyone had that before?

Kenna just accepted a new contract with Mosside?!!!! I gave him a contract just 30euro more and for 3 years, not really heavy ****.. but he accepted and the offer Portadown made is gone?!!

Yep, seen that before. Good to have the player but sometimes the money helps.

Watch the Mosside chairman. The $%^^&&* is selling all my players. 3 best players being sold. It'll add 5.5m to the bank balance but its of no use because decent players won't sign for us icon_mad.gif

On a positive note I can now scout all of Europe so my scouts are finally earning their wages. Fingers crossed they come up with some good youngsters because my team looks seriously depleted after the chairman had his way.

I've had improvements to the training and youth facilities every year for about 5 seasons and both are rated as good now, sadly only 2 players have come through the youth setup and managed to make the first team squad. They are backups at the moment but I'll give them a season or 2 to see if they develop.

Foost It's nice when the boys shgow a little loyalty! icon_wink.gif

Many moons ago i had a player Stian Ringstad (whilst i was at Skjetten) who played for me for 18 years until he retired from football!

442to445 Best of luck in Wales mate.

Razer Congrats on an impressive season icon14.gif

Didn't get a chance for an update last night, but did manage to finish the season. Pomorie finished an impressive 10th on their first foray into the Bulgarian top division.

Mind you, we did end up in excess of £400K in debt. But i kept below the wage budget icon_wink.gif

No real surprise when 2 of my real assets were sold from under my nose. My AMRC is going for £250K and a sell on clause and my ST is off for £750K + extras. The cash should be helpful, so i've got a scout at the World Cup at the World Cup and i've already managed to sign a couple of Ivorian defenders to strengthen my squad (and they were free to boot icon_biggrin.gif)

Screenies and a proper season review should follow tonight, depending on trhe Champs League Final icon14.gif

@ cookie15: Thats bloody awesome, would love to have that with a player... We'll see what happen icon_smile.gif

Ringstad aka Maldini icon_wink.gif was a defender/midfielder/attacker?

Because I do think its a bit thougher to hold on a striker then a defender for example..

Hes a striker foost, every single person playing this challenge in Norway seemed to have him at one point icon_smile.gif

I think he might be player of the challenge for this year (possible mention to Paul Wallace).

Originally posted by Quacky:

What is that picture of iacovone, at a guess it looks like the sort of architecture you might see on the Adriatic coast, possibly older towns of Croatia.

It is the Croatian coast on the Adriatic. (It was for my Slavonija file - now its changed to a Schoten picture - a very dull pic of their canals icon_rolleyes.gif)

Sorry can't actually expand on that - it was a 'Croatia' entry into google images! But seems like you more cultured people have worked it out to be Split. Nice. I like the look of it.

Schoten beginning slowly due to work but I've made some interesting signings - and a nice 4-1 away win in my first competitive game in charge icon_smile.gif

TKP Torun - Polish First Division - End of Season Review 2012/13

Story so far:

2008/2009 - 8th place in Second Division (53 points)

2009/2010 - 5th place in Second Division (55 points)

2010/2011 - 3rd place in Second Division (63 points)

2011/2012 – 14th place in First Division (25 points)

What a season! icon_biggrin.gif

The team which finished 14th last season was largely replaced, by real First Division quality players, some signed for real transfer fees which I got by adjusting my excessive wage budget.

We started the season well, a 7-3 home win against Jagiellonia, was followed by 5 wins in our first 6 games. We also went on to break my duck against the reigning champions Korona Kielce, by drawing 2-2 with them in the League Cup, and following it up in the game after with a 1-0 league win at home. However, the year ended poorly, with 4 consecutive defeats in League and Cup – knocking me out of the League Cup.

The new year got off to a bad start with a 1-0 defeat to Legia, but we recovered well to draw 3-3 at home to top of the table Lech, and went on to add another 3 wins and a draw in March – to give me a Manager of the Month award. April was always likely to be tricky, with 3 away games, including one at Korona Kielce and another at Gornik Zabrze (who had the best home record in the league). We did lose both of those games, although we won our home game, and an away game at Cracovia, leaving us 2nd in the league, with 3 games to go.

We won our home game against Lechia Gdansk, and this, combined with top of the table Lech’s defeat, meant we were 1 point of the top, with 2 games to go. We went away to Odra Wodzislaw and won 4-3 after being 2-1 down at half time. Lech could only manage a draw away at Zaglebie Lubin, and we went to the top of the league by one point.

We knew victory in our last game, at home to bottom of the table, Ruch Chorzow would mean we would win the league. My all time record appearance holder, a Brazilian called Lilo, rallied the troops. At half time we were drawing 0-0.

58 minutes in and Ruch Chorzow took the lead through Chrapek. I hurriedly made a substitution, replacing Zahorski with Dworzanczyk. 5 minutes later a Lilo cross found the head of Dworzanczyk and we equalised. The players sensed a title. We surged forward, and after 72 minutes, Lilo got to the byline, putting an inch-perfect cross onto the head of Majkowski, and we went 2-1 up. The nerves started twitching, as Ruch Chorzow attacked us, searching for an equaliser which could do nothing to save them from finishing bottom. But after 81 minutes it didn’t matter, as Dworzanczyk got onto the end of a brilliant through ball to make it 3-1.

Final League Table

And so, despite being 1000/1 to win the league at the start of the season, despite a media prediction of 16th , TKP Torun are the Polish Champions for the first time in the club’s history.

It was an incredible achievement, especially since I never really considered us to be in the title race until the last 3 games, as Lech slipped away, and we marched in. This does mean we also qualify for the Champions League 2nd qualifying round, which hopefully will bring in some much needed money to the club, as we are in the red by 500k.

So season summary:

First Division – 1 st Place CHAMPIONS (59 points)

Polish Cup – 2nd round (lost 3-2 vs Zaglebie Sosnowiec (A))

Polish League Cup - Finished 3nd in Group A (7 points)

Top Scorer – Kamil Majkowski - 28

Bryntirion Update:

Well, Just as the season gets under way proper, a quick update on life here in Wales (again).

With a squad quickly assembled, mostly youngsters looking to cut their teeth in semi-professional football, it seems as though the Football gods of Wales were angry at me for my impudence in daring an assault on the League of Wales and handed me my first league match.

Away.

At Llanelli.

Given odds of 30-1 against the perennial title chasers and knowing they'd come after me it was only fair that I thought 'Sod it, go out and have some fun'

After eight minutes, it looked as though Bryntirion were going to be taught a lesson though, going one down to a cheeky 30 yard drive from nowhere, but fought back to go in level 1-1 at half-time with a goal from sixteen year old debutant Luke Martin.

With the balance of play fairly even, only some small tinkerings were needed (mostly involving crossing fingers) that we could at least scrape something.

That 'something' came after fifty-three minutes, with Martin proving his first was no fluke and screaming a freekick from 25 yards in to the opposite top corner.

Two more followed in quick succession, Martin slicing Llanelli apart both time to claim four goals on his debut before substituted to rapturous applause (or as rapturous as three hundred and fifty-two people can get.)

It was only as he was leaving the pitch that he revealed a tee-shirt bearing the curious slogan 'Paul Wallace - bring it on'

Those odds of 2000-1 for the title are looking very tempting right now...

Rasharkin - Northern Irish Premier Division - 19/20 (Season 12)

Media Prediction: 1st

My Prediction: 1st

Final Position: 1st

Cups

Champions League: Put up a fantastic second leg performance against Arsenal, losing just 4 - 3 in that leg, lost 9 - 4 on aggregate though icon_frown.gif.

Uefa Cup: Lost 5 - 2 to FC Moskow on aggregate in the 1st Round.

Northern Irish League Cup: Winners.

Irish Cup: Winners.

Antrim Cup: Winners.

All-Ireland Cup 3rd in Group A

2nd ever season unbeaten! icon_smile.gif

Dean Evans: - 646 goals in 502 games for Rasharkin and 26 goals in 45 games for Wales.

The Career So Far..

League

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Year Division Position Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D Pts

08/09 Northern Irish Second Division 2nd 22 11 5 6 40 26 +14 38

09/10 Northern Irish First Division 4th 22 9 7 6 37 21 +14 34

10/11 Northern Irish First Division 1st 22 13 4 5 39 18 +21 43

11/12 Northern Irish Premier Division 5th 30 14 6 10 49 30 +19 48

12/13 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 24 3 3 79 33 +46 75

13/14 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 24 2 4 79 32 +47 74

14/15 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 20 3 7 65 33 +32 63

15/16 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 24 4 3 84 28 +56 73

16/17 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 28 2 0 108 18 +90 86

17/18 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 26 3 1 101 21 +80 81

18/19 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 24 5 1 94 27 +67 77

19/20 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 29 1 0 101 13 +88 88</pre>

Europe

Year Tournament Round Total Coefficients Rank

12/13 Euro Cup 1st Qualifying Round 0.054 461st

13/14 Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round

Euro Cup 1st Round 0.439 437th (+ 24)

14/15 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 0.439 450th (- 13)

15/16 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 0.495 457th (- 7)

16/17 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 0.550 459th (- 2)

17/18 Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round 0.934 437th (+ 22)

18/19 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 0.548 456th (- 19)

19/20 Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round

Euro Cup 1st Round 0.550 446th (+ 10)</pre>

Competition Honours

Northern Irish Premier Division

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020</pre>

Northern Irish First Division

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2011</pre>

Northern Irish Second Division

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Runner Up - 2009</pre>

Northern Irish League Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020

Runner Up - 2011</pre>

Northern Irish Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020</pre>

Northern Irish Antrim Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020</pre>

Northern Irish Intermediate Cup

I had a great season, really cant be better!! Tomorrow i will post an update with screenies etc.. i have won the first division, but also won the Northern Irish Cup which means next to the fact I will be playing in my first season on the highest level in North Ireland, also in the bloody UEFA cup!! Wohooo

just saw the draw:

Mosside will play FK Vojvodina Novi Sad in the EURO Cup First Qualifying Round!

FK Vojvodina prob will kill me icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by foost:

I had a great season, really cant be better!! Tomorrow i will post an update with screenies etc.. i have won the first division, but also won the Northern Irish Cup which means next to the fact I will be playing in my first season on the highest level in North Ireland, also in the bloody UEFA cup!! Wohooo

just saw the draw:

Mosside will play FK Vojvodina Novi Sad in the EURO Cup First Qualifying Round!

FK Vojvodina prob will kill me icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats. Even better than the UEFA cup will be entry into the All Ireland Cup, £125k just for taking part icon_eek.gif

30 League games in the Premier foost, better get your squad ready for rotation. The All Ireland Cup group games tend to jam up the end of season fixture list. 10+ games a month in March & April is not unusual.

Never been in the Uefa cup but I know the CL is worh about 80k in proze money if you fall at the first hurdle. You may have a transfer budget soon icon_biggrin.gif

Mendrisio-Stabio 2009/10

Not a lot happened this year to be honest. The highlight came in making the quarter finals of the Swiss Cup after beating Grasshopper but thats about it. We finished the league 5th again but this time with less points and the gap to first place increasing to 41 points from 29 the season before. There seems to be an almighty step up in the class to the top three in this league (I can beat Lugano). Their players are at a higher calibre of the kind that flat out rejects to sign for me. I could require several more 4th/5th place finishes to attract the next level of player.

2008/09 Challenge League 5th

2009/10 Challenge League 5th

Rasharkin - Northern Irish Premier Division - 20/21 (Season 13)

Cups

Champions League: Lost in the 1st Qualifying Round to Vardar

All-Ireland Cup Lost in the final icon_frown.gif

Unbeaten.. again icon_razz.gif

Dean Evans: - 741 goals in 554 games for Rasharkin and 38 goals in 55 games for Wales.

The Career So Far..

League

19/20 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 29 1 0 101 13 +88 88

20/21 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 28 2 0 116 18 +98 86</pre>

Europe

Year Tournament Round Total Coefficients Rank

Euro Cup 1st Round 0.550 446th (+ 10)

20/21 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 0.055 453rd (- 7)</pre>

Competition Honours

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021

Runner Up - 2011</pre>

Northern Irish Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021</pre>

Killyleagh 2012-2013 Season Review

Pre-Season

Preperation for our first season in the Premier League went well. I had decided to try and keep most of the squad that had earnt our promotion together. With that in mind none of our star players were sold. Only 2 players that had made first team appearances left, Mark Cooling left on a free to Brantwood (27games, 4goals) and Joe Robinson on a free to Dungannon (15games, 1goal).

The squad was strenthened by four new signings.

Darren Boyce, a right winger, joined after leaving Glentoran.

Carl Pedan, a centre back, joined after leaving Dundela.

Alan McAree, also a centre bac, joined after leaving Brantwood.

Eddie Murray, a centre forward, joined after leaving Bangor.

Pre-season frindlies went well against our lower league opposition, playing 4, winning 4. Then came our first real test in the league cup. We picked up only 3 points in the 6 games, drawing 3 losing 3.

After the league cup confidence for the league season was in short supply, not helped by a media prediction of 16th and title odds.

The season on a whole went well, although never challenging against the big teams we got alot of points from the teams around us and were never in real danger of relegation.

2012-2013 Final Premier League Table

Positional Graph

So after being predicted 16th, 11th and survival was a very good achievement keeping the board and the fans happy. It was helped by our centre forward managing to become the leagues3rd Top Scorer and that was only being first choice for the second half of the season.

Player Stats

Fans Player of the year

Best Eleven

Other Items of note

Ritchie Doyle has become the clubs all-time leading league goal scorer with a massive 31 goals.

Stevie Allen has become the clubs all-time leading league appearance maker with 107games

Season Summary

Premier Division - 11th

Irish Cup - Quarter Final - Losing 3-0 to Portadown

League Cup - Finished Botton of group 4

Antrim Cup - Semi-Final - Losing 1-0 to second division Wakehurst

My scout was only allowed to Switzerland at start, kept coming back with the same old guys.

However, a young defender I sold to Zürich with a big sell-on just got sold on and so the board announced we had turned professional. Suddenly everyone wants to sign for me and I can scout more widely, spending spree ensued (although net spending was actually only around £50K) and I'm now very optimistic about the season.

Club: Mosside

Coach: Joost Nijhof (foost)

League: Northern Irish First Division

Season: 3 (10/11)

WHAT/WHO/WHERE:

Northern Irish First Division: 1st.

Our first season in the First Division, and as you can see it went more then perfect. In the beginning we had some drops, but after a game of 12 we started to win all the games. Which is great! Our young goalkeeper did perfect and loves the club, so we'll have him in the goal next year aswell. We were 6 points ahead with only 2 games to go so a draw or a winning in one of those 2 last games would make us champion.. But I think my players we kinda nervous since we lost both with 1-2... Thank god for our great defence we had a better goaldifference by far and became champion after all icon_smile.gif

A lot of first team players were/are wanted by Premier clubs, but lucky enough I could keep them on board. Most luck I had is that those clubs didnt bid so that my chairman could step in. My biggest talent last year was Brian Henry, and this year he played a lot. He is kinda lucky that I play with a defensive midfielder otherwise he would be on the bench. He did very well keeping an U19 squad member out of my first team.

The goal for this season was to bring in a couple of youngsters from the U19/U21 of N. Ireland. And I think I succeeded in that. Most of the player didnt have a contract or were in their last three months. That way I could sign premiership quality players like: Ross Hayes, Tom Brown, Eamonn Donnelly, Conall Munn and Johnny Bell.

Irish Cup: Winner.

Altho it wasn't a goal we managed to win it! We were very, very lucky with the draws since we only played vs a league team in the quater, semi's and the final. Ok, ok in the quater it was Dungannon, Premierclub, and in the final it was Linfield, Premierclub (our parentclub). But we showed those b*stards what we are made of icon_smile.gif Winning vs Dungannon with 5-2 and destroying Linfield with 3-1! Of course after the defeat Linfield isnt no longer my parentclub icon_wink.gif

Intermediate League Cup: Winner.

It was the first Cup I ever won with Mosside, so of course happiness all around. We were not really in a winning mood that period, and def. not owning the opponent but somehow we managed to score in the 87' minute... Liam Kenna could be german icon_wink.gif

Antrim Trophy: 3rd Rnd.

You can't win everything and that showed here. Lost vs 1st Bangor in the 3rd Rnd. I do think it's a shame since we prob. won't be playing this cup anymore in the premier division.. But maybe I am wrong and I still can win this bloody cup..

Intermediate cup: 2nd Rnd.

Thanks to a penalty we scored in the 84' minute we could go into extra time but we just couldnt score. We deserved it tho, with 15 shots on the goal. Banbridge Thistle, our opponent, had just 1 shot and they did score. Penalty's decided they were the winner...

Club info:

- Club Information

- The Staff

- Players

- Transfers in/out

- Finances Summary

Biggest Talent:

My biggest talent out of my youth this season was Barry Lindsay. He played a couple of games and did those very nice. But since there are two players from the N.Ireland U19 squad who are playing on the same position in my team he didn't get a lot of minutes. He will be send on loan next season.

Goal:

The goal for next season is keeping this team together and maybe sign one or two players to make the team a little bit more solid when we lose players on injuries. I really love the fact that we will be playing in the UEFA Cup this season, and altho they are a Serbia high flying team I think we maybe can manage to make it to the next round. We'll see. For the league I really dont have a goal, I dont think we are strong enough yet to win it so will settle for a mid-table position.

League/Cup Stats:

League

08/09 Northern Irish Second Division 4th 22 9 7 6 34 27 +7 34

09/10 Northern Irish Second Division 1st 22 11 4 7 36 26 +10 37

10/11 Northern Irish First Division 1st 22 12 2 8 47 23 +24 38

</pre>

Winners:

Northern Irish First Division: 2011

Northern Irish Second Division: 2010

Northern Irish Cup: 2011

Northern Irish Intermediate League Cup: 2010

</pre>

Rasharkin - Northern Irish Premier Division - 20/21 (Season 14)

Cups

Champions League: Lost in the 3rd Qualifying Round to AC Milan.

Euro Cup: Lost in the 1st Round to FC Twente.

All-Ireland Cup Winners, at last \o/

3 seasons unbeaten icon_cool.gif

Finally won the All-Ireland Cup as well icon_biggrin.gif

Dean Evans: - 841 goals in 615 games for Rasharkin and 40 goals in 61 games for Wales. Only 159 club goals until his 1000th icon_biggrin.gif

The Career So Far..

League

19/20 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 29 1 0 101 13 +88 88

20/21 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 28 2 0 116 18 +98 86

21/22 Northern Irish Premier Division 1st 30 29 1 0 131 18 +113 88</pre>

Europe

Year Tournament Round Season Coefficients Rank

Euro Cup 1st Round 0.550 446th (+ 10)

20/21 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round 0.055 453rd (- 7)

21/22 Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round

Euro Cup 1st Round 0.715 419th (+34)</pre>

Competition Honours

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Runner Up - 2011</pre>

Northern Irish Cup

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Winner - 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022</pre>

i seem to be a late bloomer, but i'm going to give this a go.

i've taken over as the Coleraine Crusaders in the NI2 so this should be fun.

just a quick question, as i've actually played a game in NI before (testing a tactic with Chimney Corner, went to the top in 4 seasons) is it cheating a bit to sign two of their players straight up?

i am able to scout them of course so it is within those rules, but just thought i'd ask.

Mendrisio-Stabio 2010/11

At the start of the season we turned pro thanks to a big sell-on clause, my spending spree affected every area of the team including stars Patrick Bantamoi, András Dlusztus, Kiko and Luka Papez. With the new team in place we flew through the season winning all over the place to leave us first at the winter break. In the cup we had a joke of a game against Bellinzona with the opposition keeper being sent off hand deliberate handball before losing in quarter finals to Thun.

Our dominance continued after the break leaving us 1 point above Aarau with two games to go, we drew the first game and thankfully so did they. Final game of the season against Locarno we dominated and destroyed them in all ways except we couldn't score a goal and so Aarau jumped over us to win the league with us in a close 2nd. This set up a playoff against Servette where we went down 4-2 away and despite playing with http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6571/12thmankj5.jpg]12 men[/url] at home went down 7-4 on aggregate. Irritatingly my team was plagued by injuries and international call ups over the playoff or I might have a better chance.

2008/09 Challenge League 5th

2009/10 Challenge League 5th

2010/11 Challenge League 2nd[/i]

NK Koprivnica 2009-2010 season update:

Transfers

Transfers:

I managed to strengthen the squad with a few quality signings my most notable signing and arguable my new best player Keith Kelly was brought in to strengthen the midfield attacking wise he was brought in for 50k. 3 new goal keepers were brought in Dwayne Miller Nikica Bartulovic and Ognjen Cancarevic. The latter will later be sold. Another signing Akeem Priestley was bought for a fee of 45k also 2 strikers were bought but they didn’t play two much of a part in the season. Overall 9 players in and 12 out.

Pre season:

Results

Koprivnica 4. Zader 1.

Koprivnica 6. Koprivnica U19 2.

Brno 3. Koprivnica 2.

Slavia Prague B 1 . Koprivnica 3.

Sparta Prague B 1. Koprivnica 3.

The best performance of the pre season was the 4-1 victory over Zader. My lads dominated proceedings in all departments and if it wasn’t for the rue of missed chances it could and should have been at least 10. I arranged my next friendly against my U19 team purely for tactical purposes, I wanted to see which side I should put my best striker. With time to kill before my next league fixture I decided a tour to the Czech republic was the morale and fitness boost we all need. We played our first fixture on a warm summer evening against a lacklustre Brno although they won 3-2 we dominated coming close twice in the last 5mins but

With us looking for the winner we overcommitted men forward and with not enough men back we couldn’t resist a swift counter attack and we lost the game 3-2 in the dying seconds.

This was followed by the Prague fixtures 1 against Slavia and one against Sparta we ran out 3-1 winners in both games although they were very open. And with that this brought the end of the pre season.

League:

League table

We started the season away to Solin who had beaten us 5-1 won in our last game which ironically was also away from home this time we learnt from our mistakes last time winning a very open game 2-0. We then went on a 12 match unbeaten run before our strongest XI were thrashed 6-0 by Zagreb which shows the massive gap in quality between them and us. After that shocking performance we went on a 16 match unbeaten run before again loosing this tim 1-0 to Mosor the next 3or 4 games did not mater as we had secured 2nd and into the playoffs we went we did however finish only 20 points behind the leader this time instead of 40 odd which it was last season and we halved the number of goals conceded.

The playoffs:

We would play Varteks in the playoffs with the first leg at home at home we took advantage by winning 2-1 coming from one goal down with Jelic scoring a quick fire double as we stormed Varteks defence with wave after wave of attacks we should of made it 3 with Jelic forcing a top drawer effort from their keeper. So we took a 2 goal lead into the second leg which I won 3-2 however I was 2nd best through out the game with 2 of my goals being debateable decisions. But my team did put in a Stella performance all-round winning 5-3 on aggregate.

The cup:

We were drawn against slovanja in the prelim round thumping them 4-0 and onto the 1st round we marched were we were knocked out 2-1 Hajduk.

Division two player of the year: bold

John-Ross Doyley

Fans player of the year

Matej jelic

Best eleven

Overall best eleven

Goals for next season

. Achieve a safe mid table position

. Concede less than last season

. Strengthen the side

. Score more points than last season

Just played my first game of the season, which was the UEFA Cup 1st Qual. Rnd Leg 1...

Mosside 3 - 4 Vojvodina

Bit lucky with scoring 3 because they had way more chances. Anyone, with what result away vs them I am through the next round?

0-2? 0-3? 0-4?

On the Schoten front

Pre season's been interesting - forgot what a different world it is starting with a previously unplayable side! Made some average signings, got a couple of player/coachs that will do a job and then on deadline day I signed 7 players on loan from my parent club (Germinal Beerschott). Lost the opening league game at home to a side expected to finish 1 place above me! Hopefully the new loanees can do a job.

after starting with the African Warriors i decided South Africa was not for me! So, im definetely going to start another career game, this time with different leagues loaded, im tempted to go with Northern Ireland, any other leagues people have found partucluar enjoyment from? icon14.gif

it took 3 screenshots and i couldn't be arsed looking through them all so that put me off.

That's what put you off a save in Belgium!? Christ, hard to please then Robert. I'm sure you could have just released some players no?

If you don't have the patience to look through a bunch of rather carp players then I don't think you're going to have the patience to play multiple seasons withs an equally shoddy looking bunch to make your way slowly up to something better.

Archived