Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:mad:

For the first time with FM08 I've had a 'serious error' and the game crashed. Since it is usually so reliable I never save it so I've lost about 2 months of play between December and February.

Luckily I've not lost any CL games but I've lost the January transfer window in which I spent ages rebuilding my squad. I had sold and bought a few players and renewed loads of contracts.

I've lost an 11-0 win in one of the cups as well :(

FC Baulmes - Swiss Super League - Winter Break 2011/2012 (4th Season)

Super League

A frustratingly slow start in the league saw us holding up the table after 6 games. Pre-season form had been encouraging and I knew that I'd assembled a good enough team to keep us up again, but it just wasn't happening on the pitch, as dogged performances with encouraging signs were not enough to get points. After 5 games our only point had come from a battling 2-2 draw away to Basel, which says something about our form at that time. A 3-1 lead away to Young Boys in our 6th game petered out into a 3-3 draw and at that point it seemed the team began to click and regain the form that saw us narrowly survive in 8th place last season. A 4-1 win in St. Gallen and a 3-2 win against Servette in Genève were separated by a 4-2 home defeat to Zürich. Clearly we were getting better on the road but struggling in front of our own fans. To make matters worse, wins for teams around us meant we were still in the bottom two, but at least we were beginning to perform.

Goalless draws against Basel and Schaffhausen followed and saw us jump to 8th place and out of the relegation zone at last. A narrow defeat away to Grasshopper saw us dipped back in for a week, but form was really beginning to pick up now, with Dusko Ostojic and Alexandre Licata forming a good strike partnership. A confortable home win to Aarau was followed by a 6-1 destruction of FC Luzern and a 3-1 home win against Young Boys to make up for our stumble at Wankdorf. Home wins against St. Gallen and Servette followed and temporarily established us in 3rd place in what had become a close Super League. Results elsewhere during the following week and a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Zürich were enough to relegate us back to a still very respectable 4th though as we go into the winter break.

League Table

SwissCom (Schweizer) Cup

The first round of the cup pitted us against unplayable Locarno, who were duly dispatched 7-0 by a mix of fringe players and youth teamers. They were followed by Challenge League club Winterthur who were defeated 1-0 at Stade Sous-Ville by the same combination of irregular players. The 3rd round and QF pitted us against much more difficult opposition in struggling Grasshopper and then Schaffhausen away. Despite sneaking through at home to Grasshopper we were unable to win in our first away tie of the competition and went out a round early according to the Chairman, who, following our cup run that saw us finish as runners-up last season and in the UEFA Cup this season, was expecting us to make at least the semis. With a more favourable draw in the quarters we may well have done, with both 1. Liga Gossau and Challenge League Lugano still in the competition.

UEFA Cup

As an unseeded club, I wasn't expecting much of a run in Europe at the first time of asking at a time that was frankly too early in the club's development. Our campaign began in the Second Qualifying Round on August 18th at home to Brøndby. The aforementioned 1-0 defeat underlined my lack of enthusiasm for the competition, but the annoyance of Europe refused to go away as a weakened team won 3-0 in Kobenhavn. We were drawn against Panathinaikos in the First Round proper, and the same weakened team that had defeated Brøndby on their patch performed well in Athens to succumb only to a 2-1 loss. A full-strength team greeted the Greek side at Stade Sous-Ville and in a good defensive performance we got the one goal we needed to progress on the counter attack in the second half.

Still unseeded, the group stages would almost definitely prove to be the end of the road for us, especially as the draw was particularly unkind, placing us with Catania, Feyenoord, Celtic and Sevilla. We had a good go at Catania at home, but an upset was just all too obvious to be true as we faced them as our tiny hillside ground was being battered by a storm. We squandered an early 2-0 lead to go in 2-2 at half time and then a 3-2 lead disappeared as the Italians beat us 4-3. Feyenoord away were just too strong and beat us 4-1, as did Celtic at home. Our away trip to Sevilla proved the most interesting though, as we nearly knocked them out after taking the lead on 80 minutes through Michal Michal, putting Catania into 3rd place on goal difference. It wasn't to be though, as Seville through everything at us, including the kitchen sink, and finally equalised in the 89th minute to rob us of a heroic victory. The draw was still a fantastic result though, as shown by it receiving a full bar on the match confidence screen.

Group B Table

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z41/Megafan05/ClydeBarker.jpg

Table

Key Player

| Date               | Person                    | From               | Fee                | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1.7.2008           | Martin, Vincent           | Francs Borains     | Free               | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1.7.2008           | Thiam, Ibrahima           | Visé               | Free               | 
| 1.7.2008           | Soumare, Abdoulaye        | RC Mechelen        | Free               | 
| 3.7.2008           | Diafutua, Gauthier        | Tubize             | Free               | 
| 7.7.2008           | Kazi, Youcef              | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 15.7.2008          | Van De Paar, Kurt         | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 18.7.2008          | Corbisier, Raphaël        | Union SG           | £12K               | 
| 24.7.2008          | Hadraoui, Mehdi           | FC Brussels        | Loan               | 
| 1.1.2009           | Van den Noortgaete, Kevin | FCN Sint-Niklaas   | £70K               | 
|                    | Total                     |                    | £82K               | 
|                    |                           |                    |                    | 

| Date               | Person                      | To                 | Fee                | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2.7.2008           | Gentile, Vincent            | RC Mol-Wezel       | Free               | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 4.7.2008           | Isaías                      | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 4.7.2008           | Dimitriadis, Georges        | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 4.7.2008           | Hochstenbach, Jean-François | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 4.7.2008           | Viola, Lionel               | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 4.7.2008           | Declercq, Jérémy            | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 4.7.2008           | Electeur, Grégory           | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 5.7.2008           | Alouani, Farid              | Aische             | Free               | 
| 6.7.2008           | Renna, Florio               | Hoogstraten        | Free               | 
| 10.7.2008          | Langueh, Fofo Senam         | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 22.7.2008          | Reynders, Ben               | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 24.7.2008          | Calvo, Kristof              | Appelterre         | Free               | 
| 2.8.2008           | Schlogel, Dempsey           | Berchem            | Free               | 
| 7.8.2008           | Schauwers, Cédric           | Evergem            | Free               | 
| 17.8.2008          | Clément, Axel               | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 2.11.2008          | Francis, Sébastien          | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 1.1.2009           | Lacourt, Adrien             | Berchem            | Free               | 
| 11.1.2009          | Keyen, Nicolas              | Aische             | £1K                | 
| 16.1.2009          | Hachez, Nicolas             | Tubantia Borgerhout| Free               | 
| 18.1.2009          | Chabotier, Kevin            | Leopoldsburg       | Free               | 
| 20.1.2009          | Bulfon, David               | Leopoldsburg       | Free               | 
| 21.1.2009          | Paulus, Kenny               | Aische             | Free               | 
|                    | Total                       |                    | £1K                | 
|                    |                             |                    |                    | 

Season 2024/25 Review - Sirocco Works in the Carnegie Irish Premier League

League Table

Just the one draw, which came from a 94th minute equaliser in a 3-3 draw with Cliftonville late on in the season when my players were tired.

CIS Insurance League Cup - won beating Bangor 9-0 in the final

County Antrim Shield - won beating Linfield 3-0 in the final

Irish Cup - won beating Limavady 3-0 in the final

Setanta Sports Cup - won beating Bohemians 7-1 in the final

Pretty straightforward stuff.

The European Adventure

Two qualifying rounds, a 6-3 win over Vardur and an unbelievable 11-3 demolition of Napoli.

Group Results:

Porto         2-1 Sirocco Works
Sirocco Works 3-3 Rangers
Juventus      4-3 Sirocco Works
Sirocco Works 3-0 Juventus
Sirocco Works 2-1 Porto
Rangers       0-2 Sirocco Works

Group G

I still can't quite believe how I managed to top this group but I think the strength of all four teams actually helped me as teams took points off each other. This is a first, never before have I topped a CL group.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round leg 1

Pretty gutted to lose that early goal but I thought it would be a decent result to take back home.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round leg 2

I wasn't expecting this, for the first time ever Sirocco Works had reached the quarter finals!

Champions League Quarter Final leg 1

Again, a late goal in the first leg made things a little tricky.

Champions League Quarter Final leg 2

As it stood at half time I was through, then they scored. With 10 minutes to go I threw everyone forward and predictably conceded straight away. It was nice to get the winner though, hopefully that will help my coefficient for next season.

Squad

Transfers

Another selling season where I made a huge profit. Also, for the first time ever I've sold a few players to my rivals in the league in the hope they will improve and help NI's coefficient improve in Europe. There was a new transfer record sale in Marek Hruska and I reluctantly had to let youth team product Mark Wray go. The most significant signing was young striker Jim Thompson from Rangers.

Star Player

It was fantastic new as he signed a new contract although he has become the highest paid player in the history of the club earning £20k p/w.

1000 Games

It was nice to see this although the game was a dull 1-0 win.

Club Coefficient: 59.978 (37th)

Nation Coefficient: 18.125 (22nd)

League Titles: 14

Good progress dafuge. Hopefully you get a bump up in your rep and can keep the better players for longer.:thup:

I have noticed that a few more players are signing contract extensions, even if I am giving them huge pay rises. What I really need is a boost in the CL coefficients, if I can become a second seed for the group stage I might stand a better chance of topping the group again, which as I've seen this season gives me a much better draw in the 1st round.

Back from hols and ready to continue my Blsany save. :) Looks like spotg has been making progress with Sencur but I think I can match him once I've finished the season I left halfway through ;)

I look forward to seeing how you get on :)

I'm having very little time to play at the minute as the birth of my son is impending and I'm having to look after the missus, our 17 month old daughter and a full time job right now, but I'll keep popping in and playing on when I can.

Season 2008/2009 Review - FK Macva Sabac - Serbian First League

League Table

A great season considering our media prediction at the start of the season (14th). Serbia's leagues get restructured after this season, so winning promotion via 6th position was key. We had a slow start, grabbing our first victory on only the third game. But we quickly built on that, and by mid-season we were hopping in and out of the playoff places. Following the mid-season break, in which we won most of our friendlies, 5 losses and 4 draws were the only things that shadowed the second half of the season. After a comfortable 3-0 win over CSK Pivara on the final day, we were 'unbelievably' through to the Serbian SuperLeague.

Squad

Transfers

We got a lot of trash loanees in from our parent club, OFK Beograd. The problem is, OFK Beograd got relegated from the SuperLeague, so next season, the supposed parent club will be playing one division lower than the feeder club. Out of the loanees, several of them were deemed extra to requirements, and sent back to OFK Beograd. However, Nenad Krstic was a spectacular loanee, and easily our star player of the season.

Star Player

He scored plenty of late goals that won us matches, and was a key member of the first-team squad. Needless to say, I will be doing all I can to retain him next year, whether on loan again or simply sign him altogether.

Manager History

2008/2009 - Serbian First League - 6th - Promoted

Sporting Fingal - Irish Premier Division 2015

Transfers

In January Bohemians made offers for 2 of my Islanders, 250k for Scott Thomas and 100k for Anthony Watts. Neither was quite making the grade so off they went. My ability to again scout Eastern Europe was exploited with a few promising Czech players arriving. I have high hopes for DC, Martin Polak who at 16 looks the business and AMRC/FC, Michal Kucera who became our record signing at 140k. I've tried signing some really good Croations and had a Russian International agreed terms only for the deals to fall through due to work permit issues.

The Summer saw unhappy DLC, Darren Fisher heading to Norwich for 250k up front and 500k after 10 league appearances. Rob Boyles was also whining about playing for a bigger team and I managed to convince Ipswich that he was worth 1.25m so out he went as well. In came absolutely no one, my scouts are so crap.

Oddly enough, there were no Islanders this year.

The Domestic Season

All-Ireland Cup

In the All Ireland Cup, our regular group of Cliftonville, Portadown and Bohemians was drawn. 5 wins and a draw and we cruised into the semi-final where we faced Drogheda Utd. We beat them 4-3, with Drogheda making it nervy by pulling back 2 goals in injury time. Group opponents Bohemians were the other finalist and we thumped them 3-0 to win the All Ireland Cup for the 4th time in succession.

League

The league started well, we were winning most games, but not at a canter as we did last season. Performances improved as the season went on, the highlight being an 8-0 win over Sligo away from home. 28 games played, we'd won 22 and drawn 6 and we were League Champions again. The end of the season saw us 28 points clear and celebrating 3 seasons without defeat in the league.

Irish Senior Challenge Cup

We cruised past Shamrock Rovers, Dundalk, U.C.D. & Bohs in the semi-final to reach our 4th final in a row. Drogheda Utd were our opponents, but they were never in it and a first half hat-trick from Tengesdal gave us our 5th Irish Senior Challenge Cup victory.

Europe

Champions League First Qualifying Round

Our seeding gave us a very winnable tie against Ararat Yerevan of Armenia. Efficient wins 3-0 at home and 4-1 away sent us through 7-1 on aggregate.

Sporting Fingal 3-0 Ararat Yerevan

Ararat Yerevan 1-4 Sporting Fingal

Champions League Second Qualifying Round

Seeded again we were given a trip to Montenegro to face FK Zeta Golubovci. 4-2 at home meant we'd need an away goal or 2 to be comfortable. 3 unanswered goals made it a very comfortable 7-2 aggregate win.

Sporting Fingal 4-2 FK Zeta Golubovci

FK Zeta Golubovci 0-3 Sporting Fingal

Champions League Third Qualifying Round

Panathinaikos stood between us and a debut in the group stages. 2-2 after 69 minutes in the first leg at home and it was looking bleak...then O'Donovan turned it. 2 goals and cruelly robbed of a third that was given as an o.g. gave us a 5-2 lead going into the second leg. They battered us in the second leg with 11 shots on target to our 3...luckily our 3 went in and although we lost 3-4 on the night, we were into the group stages 8-6 on aggregate.

Sporting Fingal 5-2 Panathinaikos

Panathinaikos 4-3 Sporting Fingal

Champions League Group Stage

3m for making this stage, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, money. Seeded 4th, we drew Inter, PSG and HSV. With odds of 5000-1 against winning the Champions League it was gonna be all about keeping it respectable. Expecting 6 defeats, a win at home to HSV and a home draw with Inter were pleasant surprises. It meant we went into the final game away to HSV with a chance of claiming 3rd in the group and a UEFA Cup spot. We matched HSV throughout the game and came away with a great 2-2 draw which secured 3rd spot for us. We were into the UEFA Cup and off to Scotland to take on Celtic...of course with the Irish League being a Summer league, all that will take place next season.

Inter Milan 3-1 Sporting Fingal

Sporting Fingal 2-1 HSV

Sporting Fingal 0-2 Paris Saint-Germain

Paris Saint-Germain 3-1 Sporting Fingal

Sporting Fingal 0-0 Inter Milan

HSV 2-2 Sporting Fingal

Other News

Yet again Alan O'Donovan was the star of the show winning awards galore having scored 51 goals in 50 games, the 51st being his 200th in 182 appearances for the club. Less than he scored last season but that was down to Torbjorn Tengesdal who scored 33 goals in 21 starts and 21 sub appearances.

In other news the board are again expanding the stadium, this time by 1724 seats which will take us to a 6800 capacity. An upgrade to the clubs youth facilities is also under way.

Best Eleven: Season | Overall

European Co-efficients

Fingal - 7.013 (254th up from 283rd)

Ireland - 11.667 (26th up from 31st)

Sporting Fingal Trophy Room

Irish Premier Division x 4 - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

All-Ireland Cup x 4 - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Irish Senior Challenge Cup x 5 - 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Irish First Division - 2008

Good to see that everyone has progressed nicely whilst I've been away.

daemonic - Congratulations on making the group stage, fingers crossed that you can make it there again next year.

dafuge - Nice to see you back in the challenge and doing well. At least I now know that it's possible to make it out of the group stage with a N.I. team.

ghostwriter - I can't believe how close you came to finally getting promoted - was gutted for you when it didn't happen. I'm still amazed how you can keep playing that save, keep it up.

I'm now trying to get myself back into my game, but the break does make it hard. A good stab at making the Champions League group stage should put pay to that.

Chmel Blsany, Czech League, Season 2020-21

Hopefully, a sign of things improving on the reputation front but there was a marked drop in the number of players wanting to leave in the summer. There was high interest as usual but many of my team were happy to sign new deals and only three players demanded to go: Bühler, my star Swiss left-back, but that was OK as I had a new DL coming in; Kalum Moore, the Swazi midfielder who made a breakthrough last season; and Marek Gottwald who was only just coming into the side but had 41 clubs after him and so inevitably left. Apart from my new left-back, all the other ins were teeneagers who won't be featuring in the first XI for a couple of seasons yet...

Domestic Season

We retained the league crown this season with Mlada Boleslav the only real challengers but they faded away towards the end of the season. For the third year in a row, we faced Boleslav in the cup final and beat them for the third year in a row thus securing the double.

Czech First Division Final Table - good to see the coefficient going back up and two Czech teams in the Champions League next season.

Europe

We started in the second qualifying round of the Champions League this time with a tie against Sarajevo. We made hard work of it, scraping a 3-2 win away and struggling to a 2-2 draw at home but we were through, which is what counts. Up next, Portsmouth, who had just pressured me into selling young startlet Gottwald (I deliberately played him against Sarajevo just to cup tie him ;)) so I wanted to teach them a lesson. That's what we did as we won 3-0 at home and then romped to a 4-2 victory away, thus storming into the group stage 7-2 on aggregate.

We ended up in Group H with Liverpool, Ajax and Rangers. A tough group but I was confident of getting results at home and would just hope I could snatch results away. It started well with a 1-0 win at home to Rangers. we then got outplayed in Amsterdam and ended up losing 3-1 to Ajax. Next up, a trip to Anfield, where we scored late on to level the scores at 2-2 only to concede with the last kick of the game and lose 3-2. That meant we had a point to prove in the home tie and we did that, this time beating Liverpool 3-2 with a late goal of our own. I niavely went for the win in Glasgow and paid the price, losing 3-1. Going into the last game, we were three points behind Ajax in 2nd so we would have to win 2-0 to qualify for the next round. That is exactly what we did in a nerve-shattering game - the last 5 minutes were very tense! But for the first time, we had made it into the knockout rounds of the Champions League. :D

Group H Final Table

We were drawn against Roma, who had knocked us out of the UEFA Cup the previous year. This time we were more than a match for the ıtalians and quickly went a goal up. however, despite constant pressure we couldn't score a second and were punished when Roma got a break in the last 10 mins and scored with their only real chance. In Italy, Roma did what they needed to and closed us down and secured a tight 1-0 win to send us out 2-1 on aggregate. Nevertheless, we qualified from the group stage and that's something to build on for next year.

The Players

My team wasn't quite so dominant in the awards this time, mainly as my star strikers of last time became unhappy: Fuat, the Turkish striker seems to permanently dislike 3 of his teammates and Zapata wanted to leave after offers came in the January transfer window. However, Lubos Sedlacek seems to be aging like a fine wine and started to bang the goals in earning him the Czech 1st Division Player Of The Year accolade as well as the Fans' Player Of The Year.

Another season of promise from Tomas Blazej saw him earn two caps for the national side and got him the Czech Young Player Of The Year award.

Not to be confused with the Czech 1st Divison Young Player Of The Year award, which was won by new Russian signing Konstantin Balakin. He has attracted a lot of interest towards the end of the season but, encouragingly, he has told the media he isn't going anywhere and wants to stay at Blsany with me. Awwww!

Marcelo Pereira was a narrow second to Balakin for the award, but I feel he deserved to win it as he really stepped up a level this season, fufilling some of that potential my scouts spotted at the South American U-20 Championships a few years back.

And finally, the player who I felt was my best signing this season, Gabor Sandor. He came in after I lost Bühler but slotted right in and had a great debut season.

The Best XI for the season looked like this. Only one player made the overall Best XI so I'll leave that for this year.

Onto next season, I'll be looking to hold on to most of my squad and go even further in Europe!

For Gundo's Table:

Domestic Titles: 5

Club Coefficient: 61.509 (332rd)

Nation coefficient: 28.825 (12th)

Now to get my next season done and see how spotg is doing (provided you get time with the new baby on the way and all - good luck with that by the way!)

DodgeeD - I was just reading through your end of season report and noticed that you've got the Czech League logo but not the Blsany one. I'm in the process of downloading a few rather obscure logos and this pack has the Blsany logo in it. It's the league pack of one of the leagues below the Czech Second Division.

I just thought it might be of interest to you.

Ok people, the wanderer returns.

My Internet is finally up and running. Well I've just about recovered from the worst two months of my life, you name it and probably happened to me this past couple of months.

I haven't had chance to read through all of what I've missed, but I will do during the next few days I promise.

Ahh, it's good to be back.

Hi, does anyone know what the league reset date is for the Israeli Leagues? its left blank on the first page...

I'm afraid I don't. If you do manage to find out? let me know what it is and I'll add it to the list.

I'm afraid I don't. If you do manage to find out? let me know what it is and I'll add it to the list.

Well i know its between June 30th and July 7th. I continued on the 29th and it had reset by the time it had got to the 7th. Sorry for no exact date. Will try and find out next season.

Hi guys. Apologies for my long absence.

I've been playing again for a week or so and thought I would post a little general update as I have no idea when my last update in here was.

Mosside. N.Ireland Premiership. 24th Jan 2018. (General recap).

Premiershp Champions 2014/15 & 2016/17.

Premiership Runners Up 2013/14 & 2015/16.

First Division Champions 2013.

First Division Runners Up 2012.

Second Division Champions 2010.

N.Irish Cup Champions 2015, 2016 & 2017.

N.Irish Cup Runners Up 2014.

League Cup Champions 2013, 2014, 2016 & 2017.

Antrim Cup Champions 2014, 2015 & 2017.

Antrim Trophy Runner Up 2012.

Intermediate Cup Champions 2016.

U18's Cup Champions 2011.

European Overview

We made our Continental debuts in the UEFA Cup in 2014/15.

Banik Ostrava (Czech Republic) beat us 2-0 on agg in the 1st Rnd Qualifying.

The following year (2015/16) we were thrown into the Champions League where Shakhter Soligorsk, (Belarus), beat us 4-1 on agg, (but we had our first goal and out first draw.

After failing to retain our first Premiership crown we were again enetered into the UEFA Cup in 2016/17. We sent Zrinjski (Bos & Herz) packing on penalties in the first Rnd Qualifying, (after both games finished 2-1), and were rewarded with a tough draw of Basel (Switzerland), in the 2nd Qualifying Round. We gave ourself an outstanding chance with 2 away goals in a 3-2 loss in the first away leg, but couldn't get the solitary goal that we needed at home and were hit on the counter late on to lose a game we completely dominated 1-0. We hit the post with a penalty and had a goal chalked off that looked ok to me. It was just one of those nights:mad:.

2017/18, (current season), saw us again in the Champions League and although we again won in the first round, (and led after the away leg of the 2nd round), the save was lost and when I reloaded from the last safe point I found that instead of a "pony" Eastern European team I was faced with Irish Champions Cork City. In the 20 games I have played against Irish clubs in the All Ireland Cup I have recorded 1 draw and 19 losses so you can imagine I was less than impressed:mad:. Needless to say they beat us on agg but it was closer that I had expected, (3-2 on aggregate), so maybe we are slowly closing the gap on the "grey" teams.

Star players.

McIlmurray. (GK) 94 goals in 401 appearances:eek:. (That is NOT a typo). (28 years old).

Adams. (DC) & Capt. 271 appearances & 37 goals. (24 years old).

Billy. (AMR/L) 226 appearances & 109 goals. (25 years old).

We've got about £1.6M in the bank and we are still only able to scout within N.Ireland, (which has REALLY restricted the players that I have been able to bring in). I have a few English, Scots, Welsh & Irish in the squad but all have come from other N.Irish clubs. I should have over £2M by the end of this season so maybe that will mean that I am able to scout the rest of the UK & Ireland.

We are still playing at the Moyle District Council Grounds, Ballymoney, (capacity 1500) and the board don't seem too keen on moving us elsewhere at the moment:(.

We now have fairly basic training facilities and basic youth facilities. I've had some average looking youth prospects come through but so far not a single player that would be considered a "starter".

Coefficients.

N.Ireland are now ranked 45th with a coef of 1.500 (not sure what they start on).

Mosside are ranked 488th with a coef of 0.495.

I've decided to take a bit of a break from my Clough Rangers game as I'm finding it a bit difficult to settle back into it after being away. I'm off to have my first crack at Dafuge's Challenge, but I'm sure as soon as I get bored there I'll be back to this.

Season 2009/2010 Review - FK Macva Sabac - Serbian SuperLeague

League Table

I could moan for hours on end about our poor performances, our deeply disappointing losses, and our 15-match-without-a-win streak, but in the end, I will be proud of one thing of my team: how we managed to win two of our last three matches in a season that was seemingly headed to hell, and staying unrelegated on the last day of the season. Considering our media prediction (16th, last), I am, needless to say, elated. Our season started with a 1-0 victory over Zemun, which, unfortunately, turned out to be our only win of the first half of the season. Things took a turn for the better in the second half, with us notching up a few more wins, but by the 27-match mark we still trailed the safety spots by 6 points. In the remaining three games, however, my team seemingly let out the energy they had gathered over the entire season. Wins over Partizan, a traditional strong side, as well as Red Star, the then league leaders, saw us tied with Hajduk Rodic MB on the table, level on points. However, due to Hajduk Rodic's superior head-to-head record over us, we were still in 15th position - automatic relegation. So, nothing short of a good display on the last matchday could help us avoid relegation. We went 2-0 down to Vozdovac, but in the second half, my players scored twice, equalising the game. Hajduk rodic MB, however, lost their final game, meaning we, FK Macva Sabac, had taken in playoff position, one point above Hajduk Rodic MB, who would play next season in a lower division.

All was not over yet, however! The relegation playoff still had to be fought out, and if we lost that one, we would go down anyhow! After a few days, our opponents were announced: Vlasina. The away leg ended in a 1-1 tie, with us grabbing a valuable away goal. Back at home, my players fought out a 1-0 win. Victory, we were staying in the SuperLeague!

Squad

Transfers

All of our loanees went back to OFK Beograd, and since our link terminated (difference of divisions no longer existent), I could not retain the services of Nenad Krstic, last season's star player. However, I made do with my current set of players, and in the end, one of them stood out from the rest...

Star Player

Milan Kovacevic didn't make a whole lot of appearances at the beginning, but when I started playing him, he played incredibly well, and scored some crucial goals. Needless to say, the fans voted him Fans Player of the Year, and he will definitely be one of the starters next season.

World Cup 2010

The way England always win the World Cup in my games always annoys me. In this edition, they won their group with wins against Japan, Tunisia, and Russia. 9 goals scored, 0 conceded. Utterly unrealistic. Then, England battled out a 1-0 win over Croatia in extra time, followed by a 2-1 win over Spain and then a penalties win (gasp!) over Mexico. In the final, they rather easily overcame Argentina 3-1. Third Place was claimed by the Netherlands, who beat Mexico 2-1.

Manager History

2009/2010 - Serbian SuperLeague - 14th

2008/2009 - Serbian First League - 6th - Promoted

Rasharkin - Northern Irish Premier Division - 27/28 (Season 20)

Media Prediction: 1st

My Prediction: 1st

Final Position: 1st

Cups

Champions League: Group Stages.

We were drawn with a tough group this season, and did not do very well. We could and should have performed better, but the results just weren't going our way as we ended the group in last places with only 1 point.

Group E

[font=Courier New]Pos  Team              Pld  Won  Drn  Lst  For  Ag   G.D.  Pts[/font]
[font=Courier New]--------------------------------------------------------------- [/font]
[font=Courier New]1st  Shakhtar          6    4    1    1    12    8   +4    13[/font]
[font=Courier New]2nd  Inter             6    4    1    1    14    7   +7    13[/font]
[font=Courier New]---------------------------------------------------------------[/font]
[font=Courier New]3rd  Spartak Moscow    6    2    1    3     9   12   -3     7[/font]
[font=Courier New]4th  Rasharkin         6    0    1    5     7   15   -8     1[/font]
[font=Courier New]---------------------------------------------------------------[/font]

Euro Cup: Not Entered.

Northern Irish League Cup: Winners.

Irish Cup: Winners.

Antrim Cup: Winners.

All-Ireland Cup Winners.

Finally I had won the league without losing a game or drawing a game :D. I also managed to concede less than 10 goals in one season for the very first time!

Dean Evans: - Dean looked like he was too old for competative football last season, but this season he came back with a bang! Netting 32 league goals and 52 in all competitions, winning him the top goalscorer award for the 15th time in his career! He also collected the European Golden Boot for the 4th time in his career.

The Career So Far..

League

[font=Courier New][color=black]Year   Division                         Pos Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D  Pts[/color][/font]

[font=Courier New][color=black]08/09  Northern Irish Second Division   2nd 22  11   5   6   40 26 +14  38[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]09/10  Northern Irish First Division    4th 22   9   7   6   37 21 +14  34[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]10/11  Northern Irish First Division    1st 22  13   4   5   39 18 +21  43[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]11/12  Northern Irish Premier Division  5th 30  14   6  10   49 30 +19  48[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]12/13  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  24   3   3   79 33 +46  75[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]13/14  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  24   2   4   79 32 +47  74[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]14/15  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  20   3   7   65 33 +32  63[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]15/16  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  24   4   3   84 28 +56  73[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]16/17  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  28   2   0  108 18 +90  86[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]17/18  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  26   3   1  101 21 +80  81[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]18/19  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  24   5   1   94 27 +67  77[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]19/20  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  29   1   0  101 13 +88  88[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]20/21  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  28   2   0  116 18 +98  86[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]21/22  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  29   1   0  131 18 +113 88[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]22/23  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  27   2   1  125 11 +114 83[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]23/24  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  29   1   0  140 13 +127 88[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]24/25  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  28   1   1  113  7 +106 85[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]25/26  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  29   1   0  143 14 +129 88[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]26/27  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  27   3   0  141 21 +120 84[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New]27/28  Northern Irish Premier Division  1st 30  30   0   0  132  6 +126 90[/font]

Europe

[font=Courier New][color=black]Year  Tournament       Round                 Total  [/color][/font][font=Courier New][color=black] Rank [/color][/font]

[font=Courier New][color=black]12/13 Euro Cup         1st Qualifying Round  0.054   461st[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]13/14 Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round [/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]      Euro Cup         1st Round             0.439   437th (+ 24)[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]14/15 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round  0.439   450th (- 13)[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]15/16 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round  0.495   457th (- 7)[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]16/17 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round  0.550   459th (- 2)[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]17/18 Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round  0.934   437th (+ 22)[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]18/19 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round  0.548   456th (- 19)[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]19/20 Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round [/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]      Euro Cup         1st Round             0.550   446th (+ 10)[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]20/21 Champions League 1st Qualifying Round  0.055   453rd (- 7)[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]21/22 Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]      Euro Cup         1st Round             0.715   419th (+ 34)[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]22/23 Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round  0.384   420th (- 1)[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]23/24 Champions League Group Stages          7.802   242nd (+ 178)[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]24/25 Champions League Group Stages [/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]      Euro Cup         Quarter Final         26.222  105th (+ 137)[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]25/26 Champions League 1st Knockout Round    37.256   72nd (+ 33)[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New][color=black]26/27 Champions League Group Stages          42.666   59th (+13)[/color][/font]
[font=Courier New]27/28 Champions League Group Stages          46.907   49th (+10)[/font]

Competition Honours

Northern Irish Premier Division

Winner - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028

Northern Irish First Division

Winner - 2011

Northern Irish Second Division

Runner Up - 2009

All-Ireland Cup

Winner - 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028

Runner Up - 2019, 2021

Northern Irish League Cup

Winner - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2028

Runner Up - 2011, 2027

Northern Irish Cup

Winner - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028

Northern Irish Antrim Cup

Winner - 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028

Northern Irish Intermediate Cup

Winner - 2011

Hi everyone, spent the last few days reading this thread and it's :thup: Also am reading the miracle of castel di sangro book and both have combined to inspire me to try this challenge. Am on holiday now and am starting in Romania. I'll post a screenie soon as I can.

@ Ridleys...How many career goals has Dean Evans gotten now? Will he be another 1000 goal man?

EDIT: nm the second question...checked back and see he passed that a long time ago :)

He now has 1261 goals, and he is only 35 years old, a good couple of seasons to come from him yet :D

Archived