Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Originally posted by Alphamonkey:

Hi guys, I'm three seasons into this challenge but I haven't posted because I don't know how to post screenshots yet (I'll get around to it but I usually get distracted by actually playing).

My question is this: At what point to clubs turn professional? Is there set criteria or does it depend on the board?

I've just been promoted to the Swiss Super League (all the other clubs are professional), my entire squad and staff are on full-time contracts, and I have a healthy bank balance - but we're still Semi-Pro.

It's a bit of a problem when attracting players - I'm frequently being turned down by players who are not only going to Professional clubs, but are actually joining Semi-Pro clubs from non-league ahead of me. As it is I'm largely relying on the same players I picked up on free transfers three years ago.

If you didn't post your manager profile screen when you started then I'm afraid your game wont be logged in the challenge table unfortunately.

As for turning professional I don't have too much experience regarding when it happens and what criteria ect. In Norway it's pretty simple; upon your promotion to the Tippeligaen you turn professional.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dojoneil:

OK, so that was easy, how do people mess that up? Oh, I know, people just plough on without reading don't they?

Anyway, double-posting isn't the best way to start, but I just wanted to make sure the screenie worked.

I'm already up to the winter break, so a mid-season update from sunny Frederickshavn will follow in the next 24 hours, but as a little teaser till then, here is my new keeper performing 16 save heroics in the cup .

good luck with the team with a tounge twister of a name, one which i wont even try to say icon_biggrin.gif

McNeil

Try typing it! I had to triple check it, and even then I wasn't totally convinced. I'm sure it'll just roll off the keyboard after a few seasons though. And I made sure I avoided Poland and Turkey, I don't think I could cope with them.

Originally posted by kccircle:

Starting out again. Just been sacked on Dafuge challenge with Hednesford. I was top of the league when a new board came in.

On holiday at the moment.

btw - gone with Ireland!

Anyone to look out for?

There was an issue with the Irish league, see here.

Originally posted by McNeil:

im in the process of creating a domain for it similar to the one at dafugeschallenge, icon_smile.gif

How do you mean? Are you saying that a website for this challenge similar to dafuges is in the pipeline?

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

Starting out again. Just been sacked on Dafuge challenge with Hednesford. I was top of the league when a new board came in.

btw - gone with Ireland!

Anyone to look out for?

There was an issue with the Irish league, see here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Welsh league it is then!

Anything i need to know about this league. I should know about it, living in N Wales. But I don't!

Originally posted by kccircle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

btw - gone with Ireland!

Anyone to look out for?

There was an issue with the Irish league, see here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Welsh league it is then!

Anything i need to know about this league. I should know about it, living in N Wales. But I don't! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think any of the guys currently managing their in this challenge have mentioned any problems.

Good Luck. icon14.gif

Originally posted by dojoneil:

Gundo, you still looking for somewhere to put the table up where anyone can update it? Or did I miss a conclusion to that?

If you are, try www.wiki.com I've not used it myself, but it seems to work the same way as wikipedia (cos its based on the same software).

Cheers I'll check it out. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McNeil:

im in the process of creating a domain for it similar to the one at dafugeschallenge, icon_smile.gif

How do you mean? Are you saying that a website for this challenge similar to dafuges is in the pipeline? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, i have bought a domain and i am currently in the process of doing it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McNeil:

How do you mean? Are you saying that a website for this challenge similar to dafuges is in the pipeline? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, i have bought a domain and i am currently in the process of doing it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Superb stuff. If you need any help with it at all just drop me an email. icon14.gif

yes, i have bought a domain and i am currently in the process of doing it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Superb stuff. If you need any help with it at all just drop me an email. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shouldn't need any help really, my mate is class with this stuff and is helping me with it icon_smile.gif

Superb stuff. If you need any help with it at all just drop me an email. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shouldn't need any help really, my mate is class with this stuff and is helping me with it icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok no probs, keep me updated. icon14.gif

shouldn't need any help really, my mate is class with this stuff and is helping me with it icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok no probs, keep me updated. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

go to www.gundoschallenge.com and see if you get the white page index, me and the mate seeing different pages lol.

Randaberg - Season 1 - 07/08 - Division 2G3

Media Prediction - 4th

Final League Position - 3rd

Norwegian Cup - 3rd Round - Lillestrom (7-0) icon_frown.gif

Norwegian Division 2 Group 3 - League Table | League Graph

Awards -

Jean Christian Morana - Top Goalscorer (21 league Goals)

Key Players -

Jean Christian Morana - Great player, hope to loan him next season aswell - His goals were vital.

Serdar Kalayci - Was awesome on the Left wing, terrorising defences.

Ole Kristoffersen - Was solid in defence.

Jonas Volstad - Awesome on the right wing.

And finally...

Stian Ringstad - You all know what he's like. He fired us out of our poor form towards the end of the season.

Season Summary

Well, it was an amazing season. We lost 2nd place on the last day, and were very unlucky to do so. We started very well, faded towards the middle, then did amazing again at the end.

I hope to loan some of the players I loaned this season, and try and get the title.

All in all, it was a very good season, the lowpoint being the demolition by Lillestrom.

Yep just getting the index page? icon_confused.gif

thats what we want ATM, i keep getting it saying.

This Domain Name is currently parked.

Please check back soon.

If this domain has URL forwarding and it isn't working then this can be updated now on our webpage. Please log in and go to Manage Domains -> URL Forwards Then choose the "Modify Existing URL Forwards" button. Confirm that your details are correct.

really frustrating. need to somehow get rid of that so i can see index page icon_razz.gif

Benjaminoo good first season. icon14.gif

I'm surprised Viking 2 aren't putting up a promotion push?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Yeah, I was quite suprised as they won the league the season before.

It might have something to do with the fact I loaned a few of their players, but I doubt it as they'd have a few of the first team playing for the anyway.

I beat the and drew against them in the league. They were never serious contenders.

Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

Thanks icon_smile.gif

It might have something to do with the fact I loaned a few of their players, but I doubt it as they'd have a few of the first team playing for the anyway.

I beat the and drew against them in the league. They were never serious contenders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Viking will be the closest thing you get to a competive derby game. Randaberg is located not too far away from Stavanger, it isn't actually in Stavanger as listed on the club information, it's close though. I have raised this with the Norwegian researchers several weeks ago. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

Thanks icon_smile.gif

I beat the and drew against them in the league. They were never serious contenders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Viking will be the closest thing you get to a competive derby game. Randaberg is located not too far away from Stavanger, it isn't actually in Stavanger as listed on the club information, it's close though. I have raised this with the Norwegian researchers several weeks ago. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will go into those games with a bit more passion now then icon_wink.gif

Weren't you Stavanger in last year's challenge?

ok back to game related

Nyva Ternopil Euro Cup Group Stage

Game 1 - Hamburger SV Vs Nyva Ternopil We were behind for alot of this game and can count ourselves lucky to have come away from Germany with a golden point.

Game 2 - Nyva Ternopil Vs Grasshopper This game was alot more comfortable than the scoreline suggests, it was more of a 4-1 game, the 90th minute goal tells all really, only a conselation but lets hope that only winning by 1 goal doesnt effect my qualification chances

Game 3 - Blackburn Vs Nyva Ternopil Another game where we were outclassed, very disapointed as I thought we should have done the job and brought the points home, and be looking at the next stages with the final home game with Milan a formality, nonetheless a point should put us through icon_smile.gif

Current Group Standings

Hopefully Nyva Ternopil will be looking at a run in the KO stages of the Euro Cup. The title already looks to be returning home with a nice 14 point gap of title challenges Shakhtar Donetsk.

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2022/23 (Season 15) - N. Irish Premier Division

To begin.!

Stadium Expansion - Another 1500 seats getting packed on to the ever growing stadium.!

McClean - He's leaving. icon_frown.gif . Only 5 seasons into his career, he decides to jump ship to Man Utd. Can't say i blame him icon_smile.gif . A fantastic parting season, with 87 great goals.

Mulvenna - He's leaving too. icon_frown.gif - The second Left Back to leave me in only 4 seasons, he gave me a masssssive parting season, scoring a very impressive 32 goals.!! (Free Kicks and PK's.)

Paul Wallace - 700 Goals - Only his 3rd of a 70+ goal season, but his 700th for Knockbreda. I really want him to hit the 1,000 goal mark, but now he's 31, his stats are starting to drop dramatically, and they were never the best in the first place.!

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st

Champions League - 3rd Qual. Round

Irish Cup - Winner

League Cup - Winner

Antrim Cup - Winner

All Ireland Cup - Semi-Final

N. Irish Premier Division - League Graph | Table

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Co-Efficients - N. Ireland | Knockbreda

Awards -

McClean - Player of the Year

McClean - N. Irish Player of the Year

Ally Magowan - Young Player of the Year

Craig Douglas - Manager of the Year

McClean - Top Goal Scorer, 44 League Goals

Other Info -

Player Records

Club Records

Finances

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Squad Stats

Team Info

Superstar's -

Paul Wallace - I just love this guy. No more needs to be said, really. another 72 goals.

Season Summary

A good season this season. Freeflowing, goals scoring machines. On a great note, My team is only a few players off being able to get to the CL group stages every season. On a bad note, my two best players left me at the close of the season. Paul Wallace, at the tender age of 31 FINALLY had a team bid for him, (Aberdeen), but the £1,000 offered was just a tad insulting. Winning games was too easy in the league and the domestic cups, and another Semi-Final performance in the All Ireland Cup. I've got a LOT of good young players ready to fill the gaps of the now 5 players that want to leave. One player that did get promoted via my youth team, played one season for me and at the age of 17 now wants to move to a bigger club icon_frown.gif (Ally Magowan, Young Player of the Year)

Club Info -

Paul Wallace

Games: 590

Goals: 768

Assists: 259

MotM: 209

History

2010/11 Co-Efficient = 0.109 (500th)

2011/12 Co-Efficient = 0.055 (505th) | Down 5

2012/13 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (531st) | Down 26

2013/14 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (530th) | Up 1

2014/15 Co-Efficient = 0.116 (511th) | Up 19

2015/16 Co-Efficient = 0.165 (508th) | Up 3

2016/17 Co Efficient = 0.275 (523rd) | Down 15

2017/18 Co-Efficient = 0.440 (510th) | Up 13

2018/19 Co-Efficient = 0.440 (519th) | Down 9

2019/20 Co-Efficient = 0.330 (534th) | Down 15

2020/21 Co-Efficient = 0.330 (543rd) | Down 9

2021/22 Co-Efficient = 5.430 (355th) | Up 188

2022/23 Co-Efficient = 5.649 (374th) | Down 19

Season 1 - N. Ireland Second Division, 2nd place (Promoted)

Season 2 - N. Ireland First Division, 2nd place (Promoted) | N. Ireland Intermediate League Cup Winners

Season 3 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 4 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 9th Place

Season 5 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 7th Place | Irish Cup Runner Up.

Season 6 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Irish Cup Winner.

Season 7 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 8 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 9 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 10 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 11 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners

Season 12 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 13 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 14 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 15 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Manager Stats

Games - 768

Won - 561

Drew - 90

Lost - 117

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 11

Club Co-Efficient, 374th

Nation Co-Efficient, 38th

Nyva Ternopil Euro Cup Group Stage

Game 1 - Hamburger SV Vs Nyva Ternopil We were behind for alot of this game and can count ourselves lucky to have come away from Germany with a golden point.

Game 2 - Nyva Ternopil Vs Grasshopper This game was alot more comfortable than the scoreline suggests, it was more of a 4-1 game, the 90th minute goal tells all really, only a conselation but lets hope that only winning by 1 goal doesnt effect my qualification chances

Game 3 - Blackburn Vs Nyva Ternopil Another game where we were outclassed, very disapointed as I thought we should have done the job and brought the points home

Game 4 - Nyva Ternopil Vs Ac Milan A game we knew which was going be tough no matter what, was proved that way here. Luckily enough Blackburn beat Hamburger SV to put us through joint points with Hamburger SV but with more goals scored.

Final Group Standings a disapointing 3rd place finish, but of course the bright side being, better than 4th or 5th.

draw for the first knockout round is this West Ham is quite a nice draw compared to others i could have been hit with.

draw for the second is this

Another draw which isn't bad could have been worse, could have been better. I reckon my side have an ok chance of making it past these and to the Quarter Finals.

Knockbreda Champions League Update..!!

After a relatively easy firs qual. round, (Kairat, 3-1 Win on Agg), Knockbreda found themselves once again up against Sarajevo. Last time around, it finished 8-5 to Knockbreda, after an amazing 6-2 win in the second leg. This season I genuinely thought I was going out to Sarajevo, after finding myself 3-0 down in the first leg on the hour mark. What ensued was an absolute 10 minutes of mayhem, with Knockbreda scoring 3 goals in 5 minutes to level the match, but Sarajevo taking the win a few minutes later, with the First leg finishing 4-3 to Sara. Nervous with the second leg, but knowing any win, with respect, would take me through. The home leg finished an astonishing 4-0 to Knockbreda, and the Euro dominance seemed to be glowing.

Knowing at this point that should I get that far, I would have a more than Difficult 3rd Qual Rd. V Feyenoord, I resigned myself to UEFA Cup football for the second time in a row.

The first leg was a great game, Knockbreda going 1-0, and 2-1 up, before finally being overturned 4-2 at Feyenoords ground. I was under the impression that was it, and Feyenoord would also turn me over in my own back yard.

Oh how wrong I was.

Half Time approached, the game 0-0 but Knockbreda CLEARLY outplaying Feyenoord. I was excited. Could I really pull the two goals out of the hat that I needed? I doubt it. 69th Minute approaches, and Feyenoord get a very dubious red card. This will either make or break my chance. Will Feyenoord shut up shop and defend for thier lives, or can knockbreda do the un-doable, and actually get the two goals they needed to propel Knockbreda into the Champions League Group stage for only the second time in their history....................

Find out here....

Originally posted by CoachFlu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Am I correct in thinking that the Away side no longer gets 50% of the gate in CL games?

That's correct. In fact, as far as I know that has never been the case. Only in domestic cup matches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In FM06 I used to get 50% of Euro matched, i'm sure of it. :/

Its annoying, they get 70,000 fans turn up, of which would give me a few mill in revenue... icon_biggrin.gif

too bad, i guess.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Viking will be the closest thing you get to a competive derby game. Randaberg is located not too far away from Stavanger, it isn't actually in Stavanger as listed on the club information, it's close though. I have raised this with the Norwegian researchers several weeks ago. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weren't you Stavanger in last year's challenge? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I was Stavanger IF. Unfortunately they got promoted from the Norwegian nonleague the season before last irl. Viking Stavanger from the Premier are the big Stavanger team.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Yes I was Stavanger IF. Unfortunately they got promoted from the Norwegian nonleague the season before last irl. Viking Stavanger from the Premier are the big Stavanger team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might add... It was unfortunate for me as I couldn't manage them in this challenge anymore, but great they got promoted. icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

ok my mate is going to do the coding and im in the hunt for the template, Gundo if you know a good template let me know icon_wink.gif It could take a week or so to fix this up though

I'm afraid I don't, I wouldn't know where to look for the type of one you'd need?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Yes I was Stavanger IF. Unfortunately they got promoted from the Norwegian nonleague the season before last irl. Viking Stavanger from the Premier are the big Stavanger team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might add... It was unfortunate for me as I couldn't manage them in this challenge anymore, but great they got promoted. icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your Stavanger are in my league this year icon_biggrin.gif

Is Stavanger big? Seems to have a fair few football clubs. icon_razz.gif

Thanks icon_smile.gif

I might add... It was unfortunate for me as I couldn't manage them in this challenge anymore, but great they got promoted. icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your Stavanger are in my league this year icon_biggrin.gif

Is Stavanger big? Seems to have a fair few football clubs. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a fairly big city yes, it also has a number of smaller clubs in the Third divisjon Rogaland 1 & 2, the main ones being Vidar, Vardeneset and Vaulen. So if you are looking for some local friendlies, then those are the clubs you'll want to play. icon14.gif

Nep - Another great season, shame to see two stars leaving.

Wallace dosen't score many for Ireland does he? icon_biggrin.gif

Unfortunately not. In the beginning of his international career he played Center Midfield for N. Ireland, towards the end, he was resigned to substitute appearances, some upfront and some center mid.

Meldert, Belgium - October 6th 2026

Champions League Group Stage, matches 1 and 2:

In a group with Chelsea, PSV and Besiktas, so the opening match, at home against Besiktas, was an important one to win if we're to get third place in the group.

Meldert - Besiktas: 2-2

A frustrating result. We weren't playing superbly, but we scored efficiently in a tight, low-action first half and held a comfortable 2-0 lead. Then my MC got himself a second yellow, Besiktas threw everything they had at us in the last half hour, and we failed to cope with it.

Chelsea - Meldert: 3-3

A great result, after a thrilling match. We were slightly outclassed by Chelsea, but we battled bravely and were good value for our point.

Our goalie's performance was top notch, and our first goal, hitting back immediately after they opened the score, was an important one.

We even took the lead, gift-wrapped, after an abysmal Chelsea backpass. Then they went up and over us, coming at us from all sides, and I was almost resigned to a "damn, good effort but no result." But my homegrown MC slotted home a late 20-yarder to give us an important point.

Other results:

PSV - Chelsea: 1-0

Besiktas - PSV: 1-2

So PSV is taking the early lead in the group, and we're actually still second. Realistically though, third place would be a good finish for us.

I thought I should give an update on my Mosside game:

I again won the league for the tenth time in a row:

History

I also managed to reach the Champions League group stages for the first time ever, my reward for qualifying was £3M and an medicore group, which I felt I could snatch third from, but:

Group Stages

I got lucky and qaulified after drawing with Stuggart in the last game, knocking them to the Euro Cup and us to the knockouts, however the draw we got was the hardest possible:

Knockouts

they were very cruel and gave as the riegning champions Liverpool! we put up a good fight against one of the best teams in the game and came with a reasonable 6-3 loss on aggerate, I recieved £1.7M for getting that far and now my balance stands at £11.8M icon_cool.gif, next year I'm expecting a cofficents boost and my minimum expectation is to reach the Group Stages.

Note: Us and Linfield are the only Professinal N.Ireland sides in the game and there the only N.Ireland side that gives real competition in the league, but the only reason they are challenging us is because they keep buying are reserves.

Note 2: On a lighter note I finally sold a player over 1M, I managed to Sell Trevor Lampard for 1.3M to West Ham, finally money's coming in icon_smile.gif.

09/10 Midseason Update - Hetman Zamosc - Polish Second Division

Current League Position - First!? icon_eek.gif

TABLE

Honest to god I haven't the faintest how this has happened. Its been a storybook run thus far, losing only twice all season, once in the league and in the FA Cup 3rd round to Wisla. There were a few decent signings in the summer, most significantly my new keeper, Miroslaw Kuczera who has been a revelation. But the majority of the style has been turned on by holdovers - midfielders Klus and Sierant, striker Piotr Kobierecki, and easily player of the season thus far, AMC Piotr Nowosielski.

Look at those stats, I know pace dominates the lower division but he's fairly crap really. He's been absolutely immense though, averaging a solid 8.00 in the league.

Two other pieces of note: my chairman has responded to my run through the league by deciding he's no longer looking to sell, so that should portend well for me not getting the random sack; and the finances are coming around, thanks to a pair of money-spinning FA cup ties and my first ever sale for actual cash, where I got a tidy 18k for one of my AMCs.

I have no idea how we've managed this, and I'm scared to death of actually winning, on account of we have no business being the first league with this crap squad, but I'll most assuredly take it - there's bound to be some money in the first division, no? icon_biggrin.gif

Niki Volou - 2009/10 - Greek national division B

Media Prediction - 12th

Final league position - Unfortunately, the media were spot on with their prediction of 12th.

Final league table - Table

Greek Cup - 2nd round

Season overview

Not going to go into tremendous detail at this stage, but it was an ultimately disappointing season with us never threatening the top of the table, or the bottom for that matter. It was pretty much a write-off of a season. I expect better things next season with some quality players already arranged to sign on bosmans.

Key Men

Juan Manuel Barrientos - Found by my scout, a 30k signing from an unpronounceable Greek team. Been fans' player of the year both seasons I've played.

Lukas Nemec - Sent my scout to the U-20s world cup and he found Lukas. A bit pricey at £150k however a quality player attrating interest from the biggest clubs in the country. I have high hopes for him.

Next Season's hopes

Promotion. Simple as that.

Yeah, we now qualify automatically for the Second round of the Champions Cup instead of the First.

We had Stromsgodset in the Second Round Qualifying, which we won 2-1 on agg.

Then Maccabi Haifa in the Third Qualifying Round, which we also won 4-3 on agg.

We were seeded 3rd for the Group Stages, where we were drawn against Barcelona, Porto and Salzburg. icon_mad.gif

A 2-0 loss to Barcelona and a 2-0 win against Salzburg sees us sitting 3rd.

I would be delighted if we finish 2nd in a difficult group tbh.

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived