Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ghostwriter:

Annihilator - good luck with Juventus. in my 7 seasons so far in the CL (+ 5/6 reloads at the start) they have never come up, but we did manage to lose to them in the cup last year though icon_frown.gif. tbh, i have never seen Tuggen before either icon_biggrin.gif, bit bemused that these 2 teams came up first time ahead of Baulmes, Martigny, Nyon etc.

anyway, you have a parent club which will make your task much easier, not that i am totally blaming that for my ineptitude so far at escaping the division, given that i have had Sion and Servette loaning me players left, right and centre for the last 3 years...

Thanks mate. I wasn't too bothered with the teams that came up, so I just took the first two. Guess I was lucky then. icon_biggrin.gif

The league has been pretty tough, as expected, but hopefully I can be a force in the Super League within 10 years.

Originally posted by saab693:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saab693:

...........and just for cookie and Gundo

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Burda.jpg

Not looking too hot!

For anyone whose managed to read all this, thank you very much! I am loving this challenge! It's easily the most fun I've had out of FM in years and I would recommend it to anyone whose thinking about it but hasn't signed up yet. Do it!

Mr Burda certainly doesn't look to be the force he once was. icon_frown.gif

Glad to here you are enjoying the challenge Saab693. icon14.gif Your playing in a Scandinavian leagues I mean I wouldn't expect anything else. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha its true, I can only speak for Sweden but Scandinavian footy is brilliant! Couple of qs for you actually Gundo

- Has anyone completed the challenge yet? I haven't seen a table like Dafuge's yet though I thought you did have one

- How do i edit my posts? It's doing my head in having to explain what each link is and it looks messy!

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a challenge table for this challenge also, although I haven't updated it for about 5/6 pages now. I'm just waiting to see what happens with the Website that McNeil is in the process of constructing.

Your can't edit your post unfortunately. If you don't links to appear in your post then there is an 'URL' button next to the 'smiley' button, all you do click it and paste your link into the 'URL' bit and then enter your title into the box below then press ok. icon14.gif

I can't wait to get started on this one, I think I've abandoned my plan of playing in Iceland since it might make writing reports a nightmare. I think I'll be returning to play in Northern Ireland after the good game I had last year.

As soon as the patch is released I'll be making a start.

Originally posted by dafuge:

I can't wait to get started on this one, I think I've abandoned my plan of playing in Iceland since it might make writing reports a nightmare. I think I'll be returning to play in Northern Ireland after the good game I had last year.

A fair few of the people who played N.Ireland last year ended up back their in this years challenge, one or two after trying other nations first.

Shame you won't be joining the Scandinavian bandwagon though. icon13.gif

Annihilator666 - SC YF Juventus - Season 08/09 - Swiss Challenge League

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Mato Maric

Fans' Player of the Year - Mato Maric

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Domestic Competition:

A decent first season overall, managing to finish in a respectable 11th place, well clear of the relegation zone. About half way through the season, there were 6 or 7 teams at the bottom of the table (myself included) separated by only three points, but I picked up some good results and with five or so games remaining, I was pretty much safe.

My Swiss Cup campaign ended in the first round, with a loss on penalties to an all-grey amateur team. icon_frown.gif

I was really happy with the performance of my striker, who I was a bit doubtful about at first because of his poor finishing attribute. But he did well, and hopefully he can bag another 20+ next season.

The Board, Finances, etc.:

I told the board at the start of the season that I would avoid relegation, so they were obviously happy with the 11th place finish.

Financially, I was £100k in the red by the end of the season, but I got a massive £300k prize money for my league finish which puts my finances in a very healthy position. icon_biggrin.gif

Nice one mate. So far quite a few of us have had a go in Northern Ireland, but I think the furthest anyone has got in Europe is the QFs. It's definitely a lot harder this year.

Would be awesome to have the pioneer of this sort of thing onboard! Haven't had a good stab at your challenge this year, should really give it a crack after (and if) I complete this one

SW Harelbeke - Season 08/09 - Belgian Third Division A

Media: 3rd

Played:30

Won: 17

Drew: 9

Lost: 4

GF: 52

GA: 30

GD:+22

Final Standing: 3rd - Qualified for a playoff place winning the third period of the league only to go out in the quarter finals suffering a terrible 0-7 defeat on aggregate against a Liege team we outplayed in both matches but just could not hit the target.

Just for the record, in the two games overall, Liege had 10 shots on target, we had 15 icon_frown.gif

League Table

Finances

Finances are absolutely diabolical, losing money hand over fist simply through former manager/chairman's willingness to splash the cash. I am very worried.

Players

None of them are getting a mention because I'm thoroughly disgusted at them after their capitulation to Liege. A good Reputation saved us from having a thoroughly garbage season with teams being unwilling to come at us.

Next Season

We need to get promoted, simply for the cash and this team, particularly defensively needs a revamp. Having said that, my 'star' strikers have proved they couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo, given suitable motivation.

Worrying times for a team who somehow finished 3rd.

Originally posted by Bumble:

Oh one more thing, one of my wingers did however get rookie of the year and I came second in Manager of the year. Now I just hope I don't get sacked for the finances.

My finances were awful near the beginning but the board stuck by me as long as the results were good. It's taken me 4 years to get out of the red!

Meldert, Belgium - December 1st 2027

Champions League Group Stage, matches 4 and 5:

Werder Bremen - Meldert: 3-2

We had a defensively very poor first half, giving away three goals way too easily. We restored the balance in the second half, but weren't strong enough to really push for the equalizer. A just result.

A plus from the match, though: one of my (hopefully) future stars got his first chance in this match - I was going for a sort of joker effect - and managed to score on his almost-debut (he played ten min. in a league match the week before).

Sparta Prague - Meldert: 1-1

I don't know what it is about friggin' Sparta Prague. We should be able to beat them with relative ease, but again we were pretty much crap against them. A disappointing result.

Group table with one match to go.

Still a bit of an oddball group table, with all the draws. We face PSV at home, which is a trickier match than the table would suggest, but things would have to go terribly wrong to miss out on third place.

Coach Flu - Good luck with the final game although after your drubbing of them in Eindhoven it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

A quick update from me, I'm doing OK in my third season in Hungary but once again I am off the pace at the top. It doesn't help that I have both relegated clubs in my side (East) of the division and they are fairly big Hungarian clubs anyway, Ferencvaros and Ujpest. Oroshaza also remain a problem and I wish they'd gone up earlier on.

Caerleon 2013-2014 Pre-Season Update

Transfers

Signed a nice youth CB and a experance 38 year old DM

Here is the team I would like to play but as you can see it been hit with injures already

Team

well are quailfying attempted in to euro has been quite good upto now

1st Round

Caerleon 3-3 Austria Wien

Austria Wien 1-2 Caerleon

AGG 5-4

2nd Round

Shelbourne 2-7 Caerleon

Caerleon 1-4 Shelbourne

AGG 8-6

3rd Round

Caerleon vs PSV icon_eek.gif

Lets hope for the best

Phew, it took some time but I read the entire topic. Wasn't planning on doing that at first but the stories of the Croatian team and Meldert got me hooked. Great stuff to read. Although I've never joined in on one of these forum challenges I'm seriously thinking about starting a game with a Belgian side. (y)

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saab693:

Good luck mate! Has anyone got past the group phase yet?

iacovone made it to the final. I think he's the only person to reach that stage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

By the way my games on hold at the moment, started a bit of a career game to freshen FM up for me icon14.gif KUTGW everyone and good luck to the new guys that have joined recently.

Meldert, Belgium - December 19th 2027

I'll start with the conclusion of the Champions League Group Stage.

With only the home match against under-performing PSV remaining, we needed one point to be certain of second place in the group, and a narrow loss would still be enough for third place.

Meldert - PSV: 4-2

Easier than expected. We waltzed over them in the first half, and my unhappy Spanish striker was in lethal form for a change. PSV woke up in the last twenty minutes, but we had plenty of room for error by then.

Group table.

And so we finish in a top two spot for the first time in Meldert history. I don't really expect to go very far in the knockout rounds, but we'll see. It'll depend a bit on the opponent we draw.

The league, then:

Mid-season table.

While our progress in Europe continues, slowly but steadily, it feels like we're taking a step back in the league. Domination gone, frustration instead.

Well, I shouldn't exaggerate, really. It's not like we're having an awful season. But we slipped up too many times for comfort already. And both Club Brugge and Anderlecht are having a strong season, so we have a title battle on our hands.

We started decent enough, with a nine match unbeaten run, but we've gone 3-2-3 in our last eight matches. And the losses were very avoidable.

If we'd have lost to Brugge and Anderlecht, then sure, but we beat them both. Instead we lost to Charleroi (4th), Mons (10th) and Sint Truiden (14th). Charleroi, fine, but the other two, we can't afford to slip up too many times against teams like that.

On the other hand, we've won six consecutive titles now, each time with relative ease, so perhaps it was time for a season where things don't quite go as smoothly. Keeps us on our toes.

With some serious squad rebuilding to do next summer though (half a dozen unhappy key players will need to be cashed in on), I'd prefer to win the title this season, to get that long term objective thing taken care of and allow us a potential slip-up during the second year of my two year contract.

Originally posted by Bumble:

*sigh* Finances deep in the red, 1M+ and the board has done nothing to alleviate it.

Team is losing 20K+ a month even though it has no paid players to speak of (all loans from Bruge my parent club) and no U21s or U19s.

Aye, the early stages can be tricky, financially (especially once they start upgrading the stadium as well). But as long as you do well on the pitch, the board tend to ignore their unhappiness about the finances.

And once you move up the leagues, the financial aspect becomes a bit easier (decent prize money and attendances in the First Division.)

Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Good luck mate! Has anyone got past the group phase yet?

iacovone made it to the final. I think he's the only person to reach that stage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

By the way my games on hold at the moment, started a bit of a career game to freshen FM up for me icon14.gif KUTGW everyone and good luck to the new guys that have joined recently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's this career game you've got going?

So nearly 4 months since release day of FM08 and as of yet no-one has completed this challenge. Sure people have come close or in iacovone's case very close, I'm delighted that this is more difficult than FM07. icon14.gif

I failed to complete it on FM07, hopefully I'll manage to do it this time round before FM09 time comes around.

Pitea, Sweden - 2010

Table

Overview

Club Information

Top Scorer/Highest Average

Survival was the aim. I thought it would be a tough old first season in the First Elite, however we coped nicely and finished a very respectable 6th. Not really outstanding in either goal scoring or defending but solid in both. We started off in spectacular fashion winning 5 of our first 6 games and drawing the other one. A minor blip then followed and we were up and down from then on.

Simon Chekroun has been with us since the start and had his 3rd excellent season in a row, breaking the club assists record from the left wing. He was closely followed by Fredrik Bergstrand his midfield partner in the assists area - an excellent first season from him despite being asked to play a slightly defensive role.

I was chuffed to bits when our new stadium was completed. Our 400 seater was dragging us down financially as we had already started paying off our 7 million pound loan, meaning we we're losing well over 70k a month. The board has been fantastic, constantly injecting money into the club. They did however sell 2 players over my head for pretty unspectacular amounts, but they werent really big losses to the squad.

Burda watch

I knew he would come good icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

Brilliant season from Burda. As you can see he notched 20 goals in 21(3) league games and was my only consistant goal scorer. I think we'd have been in real trouble this season without him, as the rest of the squad couldnt hit a donkey's a*se with a banjo.

Next Season

Quite excited about next season. We've finally managed to attract some decent players, perhaps a product of our growing profile. Shipped out alot of high earning old blokes and replaced them with even more young prospects including a few Swedish Under 19's.

A few of my recent transfers:

Johan Nordin - Believe it or not, he's not by best keeper, although he should progress to the first team soon enough.

Robert Lindskog - His stats have depleted a little bit since I signed him. Still one of the best strikers in the league and I'm really looking forward to seeing him and Burda firing them in!

Jonus Gustavsson - Very nice looking right back. Good tackling, passing and crossing and enough pace to make him a fantastic free signing. Still very young too.

Kevin Svardman - Versitile defender with great stats. Should fit nicely into the defense and goes straight into the first eleven.

Aiming for a top 3 finish next season, but 4th/5th would be acceptable icon_smile.gif

Annihilator666 - SC YF Juventus - Season 09/10 - Swiss Challenge League

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Mato Maric

Fans' Player of the Year - Mato Maric

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Domestic Competition:

Undoubtedly a very good season, with a finish of 5th in the league, an improvement of 6 places compared to last season. With about ten games left to play, I was pretty much guaranteed a place in the top six, barring any major slip-up. I was in fifth spot for most of the second half of the season.

However, it's gonna be tough pursuing the top two clubs. As you can see this year, I finished a massive 32 points behind the champions.

In the cup, I did a lot better than last year, making it to the third round where I was dumped out by Super League team Sion.

The Board, Finances, etc.:

600k prize money... I love Switzerland! What I don't love, is my chairman selling two of my best players in January for 250k a pop. icon_mad.gif

Stadium expansion looks to be a couple of years away, as I'm still not getting sell-outs every week. Probably closer to about 60% of the stadium being filled for my matches.

And last season's top scorer managed to get another 20+ goal haul, hopefully more to come from him!

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2026/27 (Season 19) - N. Irish Premier Division

To Begin - 1,000th Game in charge of Knockbreda | 1,000 Games - The Stats

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st

Champions League - 3rd Qual. Round

UEFA Cup - 1st Round

Irish Cup - Winner

League Cup - Winner

Antrim Cup - Winner

All Ireland Cup - Semi-Final

N. Irish Premier Division - Graph | Table

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Co-Efficients - N. Irelan (27th) | Knockbreda (257th)

Awards -

Ally Magowan - N. Irish Player of the Year

Craig Douglas - Manager of the Year

Willie Cowan - Player of the Year

Willie Cowan - Top Goal Scorer, 44 Goals (League Only)

Other Info -

Club Info Screen

Finances

Manager Overview

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Player Records

Team Records

Players of the Season

Paul Wallace - Only played 5 months this season, due to a broken leg, but managed a return of 20 goals in 27 games. Had he played a full season, I'm confident he would have got around 40. 2 more seasons and maybe, just maybe, he'll get mighty close to the 1,000 mark. Stats are awful now, but I will persevere with him.

Willy Cowan - 105 goals last term, 88 this term and he's proving his worth to the team. already 3rd in the all time scorers list. Only has 1 year remaining on his contract, and doesn't seem interested in signing a new deal.

Chris Armstrong - Got his break this season due to injuries on the right wing, and really made a name for himself. finishing with 42 assists in 34 games, he really proved a great supplier for my forwards. Stats have improved a lot over the last season, and is now 1st choice winger, from 3rd choice.!

Season Summary

Not a bad season, to be fair. Standardly won all the domestic competitions. Lost in injury time to Drogheda after going 3-0 down, then pulling 3-3 back in the 82nd, 84th and 86t minute.

Club Info -

Paul Wallace

Games: 750

Goals: 919

Assists: 312

MotM: 241

History

2010/11 Co-Efficient = 0.109 (500th)

2011/12 Co-Efficient = 0.055 (505th) | Down 5

2012/13 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (531st) | Down 26

2013/14 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (530th) | Up 1

2014/15 Co-Efficient = 0.116 (511th) | Up 19

2015/16 Co-Efficient = 0.165 (508th) | Up 3

2016/17 Co Efficient = 0.275 (523rd) | Down 15

2017/18 Co-Efficient = 0.440 (510th) | Up 13

2018/19 Co-Efficient = 0.440 (519th) | Down 9

2019/20 Co-Efficient = 0.330 (534th) | Down 15

2020/21 Co-Efficient = 0.330 (543rd) | Down 9

2021/22 Co-Efficient = 5.430 (355th) | Up 188

2022/23 Co-Efficient = 5.649 (374th) | Down 19

2023/24 Co-Efficient = 10.860 (229th)| Up 145

2024/25 Co-Efficient = 11.355 (229th)| No Movement

2025/26 Co-Efficient - 13.290 (215th)| Up 14

2026/27 Co-Efficient = 8.630 (257th) | Down 42

Season 1 - N. Ireland Second Division, 2nd place (Promoted)

Season 2 - N. Ireland First Division, 2nd place (Promoted) | N. Ireland Intermediate League Cup Winners

Season 3 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 4 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 9th Place

Season 5 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 7th Place | Irish Cup Runner Up.

Season 6 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Irish Cup Winner.

Season 7 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 8 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 9 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 10 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 11 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners

Season 12 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 13 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 14 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 15 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 16 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 17 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 18 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners, All Ireland Cup Winners

Season 19 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Antrim Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Manager Stats

Games - 1024

Won - 775

Drew - 109

Lost - 140

GF - 3390 (3.3pm)

GA - 918 (0.9 pm)

GD - 2472

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 15

Club Co-Efficient, 257th

Nation Co-Efficient, 27th

2008-2009 Patro Maasmechelen (Belgium) - Kickoff

Although I've never played with a lower league team before I'm gonna give this a shot. I was happy to see that Patro Eisden came up. I live only a few miles away from their stadium. They used to be a good side but due to financial trouble they were forced to go to 4th division. Apparently they got promoted, although IRL they're not doing well at all icon_wink.gif

This is me. I'm gonna check my team now and look for some good players. I'll report on my progress after I finished playing my first season. Cheers!

Originally posted by Bart_The_Great:

2008-2009 Patro Maasmechelen (Belgium) - Kickoff

Although I've never played with a lower league team before I'm gonna give this a shot. I was happy to see that Patro Eisden came up. I live only a few miles away from their stadium. They used to be a good side but due to financial trouble they were forced to go to 4th division. Apparently they got promoted, although IRL they're not doing well at all icon_wink.gif

This is me. I'm gonna check my team now and look for some good players. I'll report on my progress after I finished playing my first season. Cheers!

Good luck. icon14.gif

Apparently they got promoted, although IRL they're not doing well at all icon_wink.gif

Same thing with Meldert and SW Harelbeke (who someone else recently started with). I think they're both in or near the relegation zone in 4th Div. IRL. icon_smile.gif

In any case, good to see a few more people starting in Belgium. icon14.gif

Quick question, you're only allowed to sign players who you have scouted or had on trial. (unless you already know his attributes) Is it also allowed to offer a trial to a player who's already at a club and sign him then? Or can you only sign players who are unattached? I'm pretty sure it's allowed to offer trial to attached players and sign them then but just wanted to be sure icon_smile.gif

To briefly update the situation with my Amur game at the moment, I have nothing to report. Too busy with uni work at the moment to get any (and I mean any) game time, I don't think I've even opened FM for a good week, probably more.

Hopefully from next week I'll have a little more free time, but not for long as I have an exam coming up in about 4 weeks.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who is currently playing, even if I can't find the time to play I'm still enjoying everyone's updates.

KUTGW.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Paul Wallace - Only played 5 months this season, due to a broken leg, but managed a return of 20 goals in 27 games. Had he played a full season, I'm confident he would have got around 40. 2 more seasons and maybe, just maybe, he'll get mighty close to the 1,000 mark. Stats are awful now, but I will persevere with him.

God he looks terrible icon_biggrin.gif

I have a bad feeling that it's going to be a case of 'so close yet so far' but I really hope it's not. If he keeps fit then your team might be able to carry him through.

Fingers crossed anyway!

Quick question, you're only allowed to sign players who you have scouted or had on trial. (unless you already know his attributes) Is it also allowed to offer a trial to a player who's already at a club and sign him then? Or can you only sign players who are unattached? I'm pretty sure it's allowed to offer trial to attached players and sign them then but just wanted to be sure icon_smile.gif

That bit's not quite right. You still need to be able to scout the player, regardless of whether you know all his stats or not.

Anyway, is it even possible to offer trials to attached players?

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bart_The_Great:

That bit's not quite right. You still need to be able to scout the player, regardless of whether you know all his stats or not.

Anyway, is it even possible to offer trials to attached players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes the team just accepted my trial offer and the player is coming on trial for a week. I read in the rules that you either need to be able to scout him or offer a trial to know his attributes. So after he came on trial I'm allowed to sign him no?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

Yep. In my Northern Ireland game, I trialed a Brazilian player who was still under contract (with Santos, I think). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So I'm allowed to sign him? ^^

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

Yep. In my Northern Ireland game, I trialed a Brazilian player who was still under contract (with Santos, I think). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So I'm allowed to sign him? ^^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically, you can sign a player that you've either scouted, or trialled.

If you can't scout a player, and he declines to go on trial, then you cannot sign him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bart_The_Great:

Yep. In my Northern Ireland game, I trialed a Brazilian player who was still under contract (with Santos, I think). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So I'm allowed to sign him? ^^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically, you can sign a player that you've either scouted, or trialled.

If you can't scout a player, and he declines to go on trial, then you cannot sign him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ok, thanks for the fast reply. I'm about to save my game and stop playing for today tho so I won't be able to sign him today. Maybe Gundo could share his thoughts about this case when he comes online, if he thinks it isn't allowed I'll accept that and won't sign him. But I really hope it's allowed ^^

What Annihilator said is correct, you'll be fine to sign him Bart as you've got him in on trial.

I just didn't realise it was possible to trial a contracted player. Presumably this is only in certain cases, young South Americans and the like?

Well the player I'm getting on trial is Lauri Dalla Valle. His contract is running out ( well I think it is because I wouldn't have to pay any compensation ) so I'd be able to get him on Bosman. I was surprised his team let him go on trial tho. First time ever I've seen that happen.

What Annihilator said is correct, you'll be fine to sign him Bart as you've got him in on trial.

I just didn't realise it was possible to trial a contracted player. Presumably this is only in certain cases, young South Americans and the like?

You can submit a trial request for any player, but clubs will usually only accept if the player's squad status is backup or decent youngster.

Sorry I haven't been about, work's been catching up with me and making my life a general misery (having time off for flu does that tho...)

Where's everyone gone?! Iacovone, the great Croatian hope's gone wandering and I haven't seen anything from NepentheZ or bnek...

Having a tinker at the HK Challenge, but when I have some time to actually settle down and play the game for more than five minutes, I shall returneth!

Should be sometime next week unless my boss decides to carp on me again.

Archived