Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McNeil:

Anyone found the goalscoring machine that was Patrik Burda, seems to have dropped off the footballing planet on FM08 icon_frown.gif shame too i really enjoyed using this guy to bang in the goals icon_frown.gif or has anyone found the future Patrik Burda? icon_biggrin.gif

i think he was found somewhere at the start of this thread... don't think he was the same...

i'm sure everyone has their own 'Burda' - i think Ringstad is possibly one of them... (ask Gundo) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not in my current save game unfortunately. Because he hasn't featured too much in this thread this year it's been difficult to evaluate him. From what I can remember though early in the thread he wasn't completely useless, just toned down a little. Hopefully someone will start in Sweden soon and give us all a Burda update.

As for the next Burda? Well he has landed and his name is...

Stian Ringstad. Me and cookie15 have signed him in our games and he's immense, plus he doesn't look to leave either? (hope I don't jinx that!) icon_biggrin.gif

Long live Burda! All hale the new king Ringstad. icon_cool.gif

Ringstad Profile.

History Page.

if i knew Burda would appear in a Sweeden start I'd have chose there lol, no Ringstad in my game so no chance of me signing the Patrik Burda of 08, but there is a Oystein Ringstad, scouting him DC only 18 and is availabe on approach to sign, playing for Lyn Oslo, but hes not interested, but i will keep tabs on the boy for future icon_biggrin.gif

Update - SalPa - End of Season - 2014

CHAMPIONS

It was be no means a walk in the park with the title going to the wire. We made a meal of our 1-0 win over FC Inter on the final day with plenty of chances to win the game for either side. Tampere Utd's 4-0 on th final day was too little too late. Their win was inspired by Tomi Petrescu who had been missing along with others for their 4-0 defeat do to international call ups. Incidently our first league win coincides with our u20s forth consecutive league win. The only explanation i can have for this is my u20s are not good enough to go out on loan to other clubs whereas the other clubs u20s are all off playing first division football on loan.

In Europe we didnt manage to get past Lech of Poland in the first qualifying round. Rivals TPS went all the way to the first round proper where they we soundly beaten 7-0 on aggregate by Everton. This year we start in the Champions League qualifiers and will see where things go.

In the domestic cups we lost in the semi final of the League Cup to eventual winners HJK and the Finnish cup in the 7th round to IFK Mariehamn

Some Screenies

------------------------------------------------

MANAGER

Argurios Morningstar Profile

Confidence

CLUB

Squad

We seriously need to strengthen our thin squad

Transfers

Lack of quality players in Finland is starting to show as we are struggling to find decent players to sign

Finances

Hopefully with the completion of the new stadium and money from Europe and winning the league we can be out of the red before long

PLAYERS

Top Scorer - Tony Levola

Tony breaks every goalscoring record in sight this season with a massive ammount of goals. Ive never had a player score this many in any previous FM/CM

My Player of the Season - Patrik Lomski

Patrik captained the side to their first ever trophy and got himself a number of assists along the way

HIGHLIGHTS

International

Goalkeeper Mikka Nurmi becomes the first SalPa player to ever be called all for full international duty. He wasnt capped

Manager of the Month

The first of two manager of the month awards this season

Turnaround

The weekend the title race was turned on its head

10 wins

The bookies said if we could get a good run of results together we may mount a challenge. How about 10 wins on the trot then

LEAGUE

Odds / 16 - 1

Prediction / 6th

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

---------------------------------------------------------------

| Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts |

|C 1 - SalPa -------- 26 - 18 -- 4 -- 4 - 68 - 33 -- 35 - 58 |

-------------------------------------------------------------------

| 2 - Tampere Utd -- 26 - 17 -- 5 -- 4 - 56 - 29 -- 27 - 56 |

| 3 - TPS ---------- 26 - 16 -- 4 -- 6 - 60 - 32 -- 28 - 52 |

| 4 - KuPS --------- 26 - 14 -- 6 -- 6 - 51 - 37 -- 14 - 48 |

-------------------------------------------------------------------

|R 14 - FC Inter ----- 26 -- 0 -- 6 - 20 - 16 - 62 - -46 -- 6 |

</pre>

Champions. It was a tough season and i think it will be harder next season now that we are champions. Teams will be sitting back more and trying to stop us from scoring. If we can keep hold of Levola we may have a chance again next season.

CUP

> 5:2 OLS A Wed, 11.5.2015 Finnish Cup 4th Rnd

> 3:0 PS Kemi A Sun, 12.6.2015 Finnish Cup 5th Rnd

> 6:1 Honka A Wed, 22.6.2015 Finnish Cup 6th Rnd

> 1:0 IFK Mariehamn H Wed, 29.6.2015 Finnish Cup 7th Rnd

</pre>

Beaten in our first ever home cup game under my management. Also i was banned from the touchline in our 5:2 victory of OLS.

FUTURE

For three years now Johannes Westo has been requasting a transfer then requesting to stay, Telling me he wants to win trophies and move to a bigger club. Not once has a big team outside Finland been interested in him and im not suprised. He has been sub par for two seasons now. Tony Levola on the other hand, is happy at the club and all of a sudden he is linked with Feyenoord in Holland. Their interest did not last too long after i slapped a £2.5 million price tag on his head however i suspect after his performance this season it wont be long before others come looking. If i can hang on to him and Mikka Nurmi my goalkeeper for next season then its a start. I also need to bring in a left winger and possibly a center half. I think Patrick Lagerblom has been suffering lately as he is worried about expectations which has resulted in him struggling to find the net recently. This isnt shown in his goalscoring record this season tho with him still netting 25+ goals. Because of his poor stats tho it is good news that no other clubs seem interested in him at all. Ill be happy with a 2nd place finish next season however i really want us to make this 1st place ours for the forseeable future.

HISTORY

LEAGUE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Year DIV Pos P W D L F A Gd Pts |

| 2016 -- Prm ------ 1 ---------- 26 - 18 -- 4 --- 4 - 68 - 33 -- 35 - 58 | (Champions)

| 2015 -- Prm ------ 3 ---------- 26 - 14 -- 6 --- 6 - 61 - 41 -- 20 - 48 | (Euro Cup)

| 2014 -- Prm ------ 7 ---------- 26 -- 8 - 10 --- 8 - 54 - 47 --- 7 - 34 |

| 2013 -- Prm ----- 11 ---------- 26 -- 3 - 12 -- 11 - 37 - 56 - -19 - 21 |

| 2012 -- Prm ----- 12 ---------- 26 -- 6 -- 5 -- 15 - 42 - 55 - -13 - 23 |

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

| 2011 -- 1st ------ 1 ---------- 26 - 20 -- 3 --- 3 - 74 - 23 -- 51 - 63 | (Promoted)

| 2010 -- 1st ------ 3 ---------- 26 - 13 -- 7 --- 6 - 57 - 38 -- 19 - 46 |

| 2009 -- 1st ------ 6 ---------- 26 - 11 -- 8 --- 7 - 39 - 27 -- 12 - 41 |

| 2008 -- 1st ----- 11 ---------- 26 -- 8 -- 4 -- 14 - 33 - 49 - -16 - 28 |

CUP

------------------------

| Year Div Rnd |

------------------------

| 2016 -- Prm ----- 7th |

| 2015 -- Prm ----- Qtrs |

| 2014 -- Prm ----- 4th |

| 2013 -- Prm ----- 6th |

| 2012 -- Prm ----- Semi |

--------------------------

| 2011 -- 1st ----- 4th |

| 2010 -- 1st ----- 4th |

| 2009 -- 1st ----- 5th |

| 2008 -- 1st ----- 4th |

------------------------

</pre>

Domestic Titles - 1

Club Co-Ef - 438th/1.866

Nation Co-Ef - 35th/5.667

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McNeil:

Anyone found the goalscoring machine that was Patrik Burda, seems to have dropped off the footballing planet on FM08 icon_frown.gif shame too i really enjoyed using this guy to bang in the goals icon_frown.gif or has anyone found the future Patrik Burda? icon_biggrin.gif

i think he was found somewhere at the start of this thread... don't think he was the same...

i'm sure everyone has their own 'Burda' - i think Ringstad is possibly one of them... (ask Gundo) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not in my current save game unfortunately. Because he hasn't featured too much in this thread this year it's been difficult to evaluate him. From what I can remember though early in the thread he wasn't completely useless, just toned down a little. Hopefully someone will start in Sweden soon and give us all a Burda update.

As for the next Burda? Well he has landed and his name is...

Stian Ringstad. Me and cookie15 have signed him in our games and he's immense, plus he doesn't look to leave either? (hope I don't jinx that!) icon_biggrin.gif

Long live Burda! All hale the new king Ringstad. icon_cool.gif

Ringstad Profile.

History Page. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't agree more Gundo icon14.gif

By the way, is that all he's scored for you, he's scored more for me icon_wink.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Hmmm, I have an interesting ethical dilemma. TNS are 2nd, tied with Llanelli on points for the championship. My 2nd to last game is away at Llanelli, who I have beaten comfortbly twice this season already but is a few days before my first cup final... now, do I stack the team with reserves and put my hitmen in cotton wool in the hope of silverwear, or do I go all guns blazing to hopefully take at least something off them?

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

Boskovic Congrats on the title, a superb achievement. icon14.gif

cookie That may well be the case, but aren't a season an half further on? icon_razz.gif

Is he still not wanting out of Skjetten? Do you reckon he'll be happy to stay their for the rest of his career? That'd be pretty cool if it turns out to be the case? (I obviously don't want to jinx it either icon_rolleyes.gif )

FK Spartak Subotica 2012/13 Half time ish

Finally an update on this after so long. Some say the manager was abducted by aliens and has been living under the assumed identity of Marcelo Espinoza in Costa Rica, others believe he really had to finish a dissertation before returning to the Serbian leagues.

It appears that every season my team is appalling in the league at least to start with leaving us 11th at half way, but it is a tight league. This bad play led to the development of yet another tactic which seems to suit Magasföldi's (although I like to call him Megazoid) withdrawn style.

Transfer wise we lost one of best players Erik Grendel for £3.5M and 50% to Steaua Bucharesti. There is a replacement coming along with a new striker to replace the aging and injured Djordjevic.

In Europe due to the bug and finishing 2nd in the league last season we qualified directly to group stages where we gave an admirable performance finishing 3rd capped by a marvelous victory over Benfica. We probably could have advanced if we didn't only draw away at Levski Sofia in a game we dominated, their only saving grace being that they have an entirely unrealistic £5.25M Italian goalkeeper, weird. To the UEFA cup.

Spartak 0-2 Real Madrid

Levski 1-1 Spartak

Spartak 0-2 Benfica

Benfica 1-2 Spartak

Real Madrid 1-0 Spartak

Spartak 2-1 Levski

Nationality wise

2 Bosnian

1 Brazilian

1 Ivorian

1 Hungarian

1 Macedonian

1 Montenegrin

3 Slovenian

1 Senegalese

10 Serbian + all reserves/youth players

thanks Gundo.

Just realised that there will be no prize money comping my way which is disappointing as i had to fork out £2k to my players and you get around £17k for winning the cup. I was hoping for atleast £50k.

Also Westo has requested another transfer and Levola feels he has achieved all he can at our club. Levola backed down when i told him to stay and help us progress but Westo refused to be' Bullied' in transfer row and requested a transfer.

Lisburn Rangers – 2012/13 – Northern Irish Premier Division.

Media Prediction: 5th

Final Position: 2nd

Irish Cup: Winners! 5-2 over Distillery.

League Cup: Beaten 1-2 by Glentoran in the final.

Antrim Cup: 1st round ext to Carrick on penalties. >_<

All-Ireland Cup: 1-2-3 in Group Stage. Some improvement after my last foray into it. I’m still pretty hopeless in it. Its just a cash cow.

UEFA Cup: Beaten 6-2 over two legs by Wisla Krakow (1-3 and 1-3.) Gary Johnson wrote his name in the Lisburn Rangers history books by becoming the first ever goalscorer in Europe. He scored both of my goals home and away.

Top-scorer: Gary Johnson – 33 goals.

Team coeff: 487th – 0.385

National coeff: 45th – 1.167

Final League Position

Best XI

Can’t really explain in many words, so I’ll let the pictures do the talking. In any other season we would have won the title and won it comfortably. It was simply a two horse race from the very beginning. Glentoran and ourselves were simply unstoppable during the course of the season. In the end I had a slim chance of winning the title due to the unbelievable form of Glentoran, but it was always too close. Call it unrealistic. Call it a bitch, but that’s life. I reached the final of the League Cup and won the Irish Cup, so there was some consolation as we did finish the season with some silverware. Yet again I have zero transfer funds to spend and haven’t really brought anyone in. My squad is big enough to cope I reckon. Hopefully I will break my duck and won this title asap! AIK Solna is my next European adventure. I don’t expect anything.

Despite my first team missing out, my u18’s and reserves cleaned up!

u18’s champs

u18’s cup

reserve champions

Antrim Trophy winners!

I guess its all down to this man. The beast. This season, Fenton shall be unleashed. Watch out Norn Iron. He’s coming. Up yours Glentoran!

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 442to445:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

****ing! Llanelli and TNS!

Dropped about 25 points between them all season... Seriously, it's stupid.

tell me about it... although i'm sure manu@oldtrafford would disagree with you though...

it'm my 4th season now, and this is the first one i think i might be able to get near them. (hopefully) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think TNS have been the team to win in my game they use to win me every time in 1st season win them and you will win the league

Despite winning the league some players still prefer to sign for other clubs ahead of us. Im struggling to find a left winger so far. I was searching through the scandinavian national sides and come across an icelandic guy who at 17 has already got himself 3 caps for the full international side and he is also on a free. He doesnt want anything to do with me tho and wont come on trial so its another dead end.

Record Versus TNS Season 10/11

Played 4, Won 3, Drawn 1

For: 8, Against: 4

Record Versus Llanelli Season 10/11

Played 3, Won 3

For:13, Against: 5.

I have no problems with them, I can beat them consistently, it's just all the other teams in the league rolling over for them.

This season:

1. TNS Played: 34, Won 27, Drawn 5, Lost 2.

2. Llan 34, 26 5 3

3. Dinas (ME) 34 23 8 3

So they both only lost ONCE to any other league oppostion. I beat TNS once in the league and drew with them, and I beat Llanelli twice.

There was a country mile between me and fourth, to break this stranglehold I'm going to need to have a near-as-perfect season.

Update - SalPa - 2017 Post/Pre Season

------------------------------------

Awards

------------------------------------

Fans Player of the Year - Tony Levola

Season Best 11

Overall Best 11

No Inductees this year

Premier Division Team of the Year - Levola & Kettunen

Young Player of the Year - Tony Levola

Attacker of the Year - Tony Levola (2nd)

Premier Division Top Goalscorer - Patrick Lagerblom

Player of the Year - Tony Levola (2nd)

Manager of the Year - Argurios Morningstar

Most Man of the Match Awards Award - Tony Levola (2nd)

Goalkeeper of the Year - Miikka Nurmi (2nd)

Finnish Player of the Year - Tony Levola (2nd)

Rookie of the Year - Samu Keskitalo (3rd)

Defender of the Year - Jonni Kettunen

Cup Top Goalscorer - Tony Levola (2nd), Patrick Lagerblom (3rd)

Best U21 Player - Tony Levola

The Finns dont half go overboard on the whole awards thing

-------------------------------------

Youth Player Watch

Best Youth Player - Timo Koskinen

The best player from this years intake

Nobody has been promoted to the first team squad this season

Jarno Turonen (2009-14)

Petri Eskola (2010) - Petri was a solid left back last season

Tapio Linna (2010-12)

Jarkko Kekkonen (2010) - Jarkko is considered to be the key man in the team by much of the media

Antti-Pekka Moilanen (2011-12)

Antti Holopainen (2012) - Antti is a very reliable back up player

Patrick Lagerblom (2014) - A very good goalscorer

TRANSFER INFO

Jani Kekkonen - Jani will be a comfortable back up bought in to replace the departed Pehkonen

Janne Hanninen - Another back up player. This time a right winger bought in as a replacement for the departed Kuoppala who left on a free for the promise of more first team football.

Ville Nyberg - Ville has been a long term target and i managed to pick him up this season on a free after his contract had run out. He will hopefully slot straight into midfield in place of Samu Keskitalo

I have not managed yet to secure a left winger which is very frustrating as its the position im weakest at.

SEASON PREVIEW

Title Odds / 2-1

Media Prediction / 1st

The board said they would be happy for us to challenge for the title and media and bookies certainly think we can win it. I think we can too if we can keep hold of Westo, Nurmi and Levola. Nurmi has requested a transfer and Westo has both requested a transfer and removed his transfer request again. Both have been called up for the full international squad. Levola however seems content to do what i tell him too. Again like i have said for the last two years id like a cup final this year

The stadium has been delayed until mid march meaning it wont be availiable for the league cup campaign however it will be ready intime for the new lague season if there are no more delays.

Stadium Delay

Ive also taken on a Norweigen feeder club. The main reason i took them on was to see if it would expand my scouting knowledge . It didnt

Meldert, Belgium - May 18th 2025

Mid-season table

End of season.

Again we failed to remain undefeated for the entire season, but oh well, can't say I'm too bothered about it. We pretty much cruised to the title, and finished the season with more points than ever.

Belgian Cup:

No slip-ups this time, and we cruised to the final, where we met Genk - a replay of our very first Cup final, back in 2018. We got our revenge, hammered them 4-2, and sealed our second double.

Euro recap:

We finished third (7 pts) in a group with Sporting CP, Werder Bremen and CSKA Moscow, and went into the UEFA Cup knockout rounds.

We didn't last long though, as Olympique de Marseille was a challenge too far. We lost 5-2 aggregate. That score was a bit harsh - especially the 3-1 in Marseille should have been reversed based on the number of chances.

But at least there was progress this year, as we made it past the group stage for the first time in the club's history.

The squad.

Largely the same squad as last season, but with some extra quality up front, which made a big difference.

Alex Lambrechts, now 31, still had a very good season - though two month-long injuries made it a bit short of top. His pace and accel dropped another notch though, so I'm not sure he'll remain first choice next season. His early season form may be the decider.

I went looking for one good striker last summer, but ended up signing three, so there are plenty of replacements lined up for Lambrechts now.

Youssouf Zoko was the first one I signed, for a very reasonable 190k from Mons.

Then I picked up Inigo Alarcon on a free, released from Osasuna, who looks like a future star. He picked up his first cap for Spain this season, and has a few big teams sniffing around for him already, so it won't be long before he'll get itchy feet, I bet.

Those two would have been plenty to strengthen my squad, but then my scout spotted Jorge Saucedo at the Olympics, on a month-to-month at Toluca. And since I'm partial towards fast strikers, I couldn't resist signing him as well.

So I should be fine up front for the next season or two. Yet again I'll need to search for a new central defender though, as another quality player moves to a 'bigger club.'

Our cash balance is higher than it's even been - 38ish million - but I think there'll be another stadium expansion on the way.

History:

2008/09: Third Division A - 6th

2009/10: Third Division A - 2nd (P)

2010/11: Second Division - 6th

2011/12: Second Division - 1st (P)

2012/13: First Division - 17th ®

2013/14: Second Division - 3rd

2014/15: Second Division - 1st (P)

2015/16: First Division - 6th

2016/17: First Division - 1st

2017/18: First Division - 2nd

2018/19: First Division - 1st

2019/20: First Division - 1st

2020/21: First Division - 4th

2021/22: First Division - 1st

2022/23: First Division - 1st

2023/24: First Division - 1st

2024/25: First Division - 1st

Dinas Powys FC - Welsh Premier League - 10/11 - Season Review

Media Prediction: 5th

Position: 3th

Won: 23, Drawn 8, Lost 3

Goals For: 95, Goals Against: 39

Goal Difference: +56

Welsh Cup: Winners Dinas Powys 3, Welshpool 0

Welsh Challenge Cup: Winners Dinas Powys 2, TNS 1

FAW Premier Cup: Semi-Final

Season Review

The season got off to a spectacular start, the team scoring twenty-four goals in their first six games and conceding only three. Hitting the heights was an 8-0 demolition of Carmarthen away. (Curiously, when I they came to visit us in the return fixture later in the season, they were ULTRA defensive 4-1-4-1, the only team yet to do that to me... seems like the AI remebered that particular spanking!

Dropping a couple of points in draws saw us slip down to third where we remained solidly wedged for the rest of the season always a good four or five points behind TNS and Llanelli, never under any illusion of catching them but never at any risk of falling down the table as we went on long winning streaks time and again.

Neither Llanelli or TNS managed anything like respectable performances against us in the league, the two professional teams escaping with a solitary point between them in the four matches.

And so it was we were in fact Kingmakers this year. With two games to play Llanelli lead on goal difference from TNS and had to play Dinas. With two cup finals in the coming week I debated throwing the game to secure my team as third place was easily safe but decided I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I gave them any ground and off we went to Llanelli hoping to throw a spanner in the works.

With Llanelli 2-0 up after ten minutes I was beginning to regret this decision but a goal salvaged before half time, a stern talking to from the manager at half time and a blistering 3 goal salvo in the second half saw Dinas run out eventual 4-3 winners.

Boom, the title race was over.

TNS owed me. Big time.

Table

Graph

Welsh Cup

The Welsh cup was kind to me, only throwing me 'grey' teams in the fourth and sixth rounds who we comfortably managed to subdue and setting up a finale against TNS.

Precariously balanced at 1-1 with 15 minutes left to play, TNS boss Ian Rush decided to throw caution to the wind and break up the midfield stalemate that had developed going 4-2-4 to try and nick a goal.

It failed. Spectacularly. Dinas' counter-attacking opened them up and the game was won in the 86th minute, John Connolly firing home from 10 yards after being released by Nick Morton.

Welsh Challenge Cup

Blazed through the group stages and despatched TNS in the quarter-finals before sauntering to Cardiff to play Welshpool in a surprisingly one-sided affair.

Welshpool never turned up, being ripped open time and again by a merciless Dinas midfield, had it not been for their GK, it would have been a Rugby score. Dinas secured their first ever silverwear with a comfortable 3-0 victory.

FAW Premier Cup

Ousted in the semi-finals by a rampant Wrexham: Tried hard to care, couldn't.

Players

David Stroud - A season limited in length due to picking up a longterm injury a couple of games in, Stroud has again proved himself to be a great asset to the team, versitility, strength and pace mean he's irresistable going forward or back, however his title of 'Steven Gerrard Lite' has been handed over to...

Lee Baxter - The heartbeat which the team had been missing for the two previous seasons suddenly arrived in the middle of June. Fifteen goals, six assists and most importantly, a driving force in the middle of the pitch.

Mark Gilmour - After a season out of the limelight (but still shining!), the young Scottish winger returned with a vengeance providing the ammunition for the team. His pace and trickery on the flank is a heady combination and also earned him his first call up to the Scots Under-21s and gave him a new record for assists within a season: 24 assists in 40 games and chipping in 8 goals.

Owain Warlow = Another winger staved during the difficult second season and having more regular competition for his place from Jimmy Christie; Warlow was more than Gilmour's equal on the opposite flank. Whilst not as pacy, his touch and dribblling also let him hit 8 goals and 18 assists.

Matthew Lee - After a solid start to his Dinas career, Lee, now vice-captain, made himself the mainstay of the strikeforce with 16 goals in 21 league appearances and 12 goals in 12 cup appearances to finish the season club top scorer one ahead of...

Nick Morton - Brought in as a regen, Morton fitted straight in to the first team as a replacement for the underpowered Jamal Easter. With 42 Appearances, 27 goals and EIGHTEEN assists, he has been an invaluable asset in the club's race to success.

John Connolly - Last years' great hope turned in to the final blade of a leathal trio upfront for the boys from Powys. His pace, trickery and knack of being in the right place, at the right time make him an excellent foil for Morton and Lee and the perfect man to pull the trigger when given ammunition by Gilmour and Warlow.

Transfers - Season 10/11

Stats

Goals: Matthew Lee - 28

Assists: Mark Gilmour - 24

M.O.M: Matthew Lee - 10

Average: Mark Gilmour - 7.55

Hopes for Next Season

i) European football! UEFA Cup here we come!

ii) Close the tiny gap to TNS and Llanelli. Read: 'Win the league!'.

To keep it brief i've won my 3rd successive Bulgarian title but i'll give a full write-up tomorrow morning having too much fun playing!

Nationality-wise now in August 2001 in my first team squad i have....

3 x Austrians

1 x Belgian

1 x Bosnian

2 x Bulgarians

1 x Colombian

2 x Czech's

2 x French

1 x Greek

1 x Hungarian

1 x Italian

1 x Dutch

1 x Russian

1 x Serbian

1 x Slovakian

1 x Slovenian

1 x Turk

1 x Ukrainian

icon_smile.gif

Annihilator...

Your records are safe, for now icon_smile.gif

My 90 game unbeaten streak (League only) came to an abrupt end, with a 1-0 Away defeat to Portadown. icon_frown.gif They had 3 shots all game to my 36, (30 on target), and I had 1 missed pen and 2 Dissallowed goals... but hey, thats football.!

Back on the winning streak though, and have so far amassed a massive 6 games unbeaten icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by bnek:

To keep it brief i've won my 3rd successive Bulgarian title but i'll give a full write-up tomorrow morning having too much fun playing!

3 x Austrians

1 x Belgian

1 x Bosnian

2 x Bulgarians

1 x Colombian

2 x Czech's

2 x French

1 x Greek

1 x Hungarian

1 x Italian

1 x Dutch

1 x Russian

1 x Serbian

1 x Slovakian

1 x Slovenian

1 x Turk

1 x Ukrainian

icon_smile.gif

I didn't know that you were playing in 2001, you have to be playing in 2008 before you can start the challenge icon_biggrin.gif lol.

Originally posted by Truegunner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bnek:

3 x Austrians

1 x Belgian

1 x Bosnian

2 x Bulgarians

1 x Colombian

2 x Czech's

2 x French

1 x Greek

1 x Hungarian

1 x Italian

1 x Dutch

1 x Russian

1 x Serbian

1 x Slovakian

1 x Slovenian

1 x Turk

1 x Ukrainian

icon_smile.gif

I didn't know that you were playing in 2001, you have to be playing in 2008 before you can start the challenge icon_biggrin.gif lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops! 2021! icon_biggrin.gif

Meldert, Belgium - June 30th 2025

End of season follow-up:

Overall Best Eleven

Two new names on the bench: left winger Rob Dewaela, and left back Rob Lievens, who becomes the first Meldert youth player to get into the Best Eleven (at least, not counting the early seasons.)

Left winger Maarten Jansen moves from the bench upto the Eleven.

Another stadium expansion is being built: an extra 4874 seats. Bit of an odd number, I hope that doesn't mean we're at the expansion cap already, heh.

Going to start in Belgium

Moved on a season and the choice of clubs is 5? Seems odd. Three to choose in Third Div A and two in B.

Can anyone clarify this as correct before I continue?

i would have thought I'd get to choose either from 4 or 6

Kilmore Rec. N.Ireland Premier Division. 1st. 2023/2024

With us turning Pro at the end of last season, it gave me the opportunity to get some Europeans into the squad, including this guy, who scored 45 goals in 53 games for his new club.

Also, with the sale of Francis Derbyshire a few seasons back we made due with his replacement Paul Taylor, who was worth every penny we spent, Taylor banged in 46 goals in 51 games.

This guy deserves a special mention, he came in through our youth set up a few seasons back a he really excelled this season, holding down the DL spot for his own.

Unbeaten this season again.

We are now unbeaten in 60 League games.

All the cups finished the same, we won.

Overall Best Eleven.

Transfers.

Gundo.

10 League Titles.

Club Coefficients: 200th (13.243)

Nation Coefficients: 32nd (9.833)

Originally posted by kccircle:

Going to start in Belgium

Moved on a season and the choice of clubs is 5? Seems odd. Three to choose in Third Div A and two in B.

Can anyone clarify this as correct before I continue?

i would have thought I'd get to choose either from 4 or 6

This is correct.

Third Div. B only has 15 teams in 07/08, which gets adjusted back to 16 in 08/09.

Can't remember why this is exactly... something to do with a team going into administration, I think. But in any case, it doesn't cause any problems later on.

Actually, on second thought, the adjustment from 16 to 16 teams after the first season probably has nothing to do with it.

Third Division in Belgium just works with a relegation playoff. So it probably just means that one of the Third Div. teams won their relegation playoff matches and remained in Third, so one less no-league team promotes.

Originally posted by CoachFlu:

Actually, on second thought, the adjustment from 16 to 16 teams after the first season probably has nothing to do with it.

Third Division in Belgium just works with a relegation playoff. So it probably just means that one of the Third Div. teams won their relegation playoff matches and remained in Third, so one less no-league team promotes.

Thanks for the help - thought it was a little odd. Saved me a google on the Belgium leagues

Originally posted by kccircle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoachFlu:

Thanks for the help - thought it was a little odd. Saved me a google on the Belgium leagues </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wiki is your friend, not google. :devil:

FK Spartak Subotica 2012/13

One of the worst seasons I have ever played, if you can imagine a way to drop points in a game I had it, all in one season. Against any team in the league I had the quality to cause problems but a miraculous ability to let in late goals, be sent off at poorly timed moments, miss penalties, play like donkeys, fail to score for 5 games whilst keeping clean sheets in all, score 3 the next game while conceding 2 own goals and 2 cheap goals. I was hovering with relegation for much of the season despite doing alright in champions league, I'm glad its over and I just about managed to avoid being sacked.

End of the season we had quite a clear out and in total made £10.25M in selling players over the year + lots of sell on clauses to come and prepared the new troops that can't possibly play any worse.

2008/09 4th First League - Promoted

2009/10 6th Super League - UEFA cup

2010/11 12th Super League - Fail

2011/12 2nd Super League - Champions League

2012/13 11th Super League - Fail

Spartak Subotica 103rd 25.475 Serbia 5th 49.929

The draw for the 1st Qualifying round of the European Champions Cup

After being seeded for the draw

SalPa v Valletta FC

Valletta ae a semi profesional team from Malta. They are another 'Grey' Team.

The first leg will be played at the SalPa stadium mid july.

Archived