Created nations not selecting players after a year or two.

The Good Rebel

So I've been working on a file that implements the Channel Islands into the game. However I have ran into an issue when it come to squad selection, as the AI seems to refuse to pick any real national team players after the first season or two of the game. So at the start of the first season both Channel Islands have full squads of players, but come the second these players are largely ignored and instead virtual grey players are selected in their place. Is this a known bug? Or is there something I am missing?

Another thing to note is that both the nation's U21 and U19 squads work fine and continue to select players.

did you increase the youth rating at all

this has had an effect for me before in that the regens etc in a year had better attributes than the real players and so overtook the national squad places

did you also tick on game start up to add players to playable teams

maybe reputation is problem?

Possibly, both Channel Island's domestic leagues are very weak, however so are the national teams and I have set all created players with a decent reputation within the nation.

it is really odd. there is no reason why would player refuse to play for country if he doesn't have the choice to play for some other country. which country did you overwrite with channel islands and what competitions does it play?

I feel that possibly the players simply aren't being called up, even the 'bigger' name players for example Brett Pitman don't make the squad once the second season arrives. I chose Burma and Upper Volta as the defunct nations to be overwritten and moved Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan to Asia to make room for both Channel Islands - Jersey and Guernsey in the UEFA Qualifier.

did you increase the youth rating at all

this has had an effect for me before in that the regens etc in a year had better attributes than the real players and so overtook the national squad places

did you also tick on game start up to add players to playable teams

Yep ticked the add players options and I set youth rating at about 30 I think, which is similar to Andorra and nations of that ilk, so I'm hoping that shouldn't affect things? But then as I said before even players like Brett Pitman and Peter Vincenti of Jersey aren't getting selected, despite both being vastly superior to what either Channel Island can produce.....

I'll try unticking add real players and see how that effects things.

Archived