This is starting to annoy me now

If you have a save before Chelsea make their first approach then the best thing to do is start a thread in the bugs forum & provide a copy so that it can be fully investigated, teh more examples they havet to worm from the more likley it is that issues such as this can be ironed out.

If you do start a bug thread it will also help the guys if you can can recall mow much you were asking for during the negotiations if the amount ever changed from the €19.5m you started at.

Edit: To answer Step 6, no they would not be considered as blackmail or illegal.

1. My player Albiol approaches me stating that he has interest in him by a bigger club and that he wants to leave.

2. I agree to let Albiol go and make a promise.

From my experience of FM15 there are two promises you can make here:

A) You promise to let him go if they make a bid (This specifies the club and links to one that is interested on the transfer screen of the player).

B) you promise to let him go if they meet your valuation of him.

Which one did you make?

If it was A) you failed as you didn't accept an offer when it was made.

If it was B) did you set an asking price for the player higher than the value you are prepared to accept?

An £8.5m offer for a player valued at £11.5m and wants to leave is a good offer. You should have bit the bullet and accepted it, especially as you had made a promise to the player.

I was just about to start a thread about this when I noticed that there was already a post about it, and I didn't have to go looking far to find it either.

There isn't much for me to build upon what has already been stated but in point form I will try to explain how things happened to me in my save.

I am playing as Napoli, during my first season in game.

1. My player Albiol approaches me stating that he has interest in him by a bigger club and that he wants to leave.

2. I agree to let Albiol go and make a promise.

3. Player (Albiol) is approached by a big club (Chelsea).

4. As promised I agree to begin proceedings (ie to sell the player) but not as said price. Albiol is worth 11.5 million Euros and Chelsea approach me with 8.5 million Euros. I obviously find this quite irritating so I ask Chelsea for 19.5 mil Euros.

5. Chelsea say no and end negotiations.

6. Albiol approaches me in quite a rude manner, actually the way he approached me was in line with blackmail. Could considering the amount of money involved his actions could well be illegal?

Actually it is pretty easy to avoid this situation. Here is what I do if a player wants to leave for another club.

1. I agree to sell him if the bidding club matches my valuation of the player.

2. I go into the players valuation page and set an asking price. <-- I find that this prevents the ridiculously low offers.

If it is a player that I would consider selling if I get a good bid, I set a realistic amount that I would be prepared to accept. In your case that would be 19.5 Euros.

If it is a player that I would like to keep unless I get a ridiculously good offer I set a ridiculously high asking price as well (60 mill +)

What usually happens then is that the interested club does not bid at all because my asking price is higher then they are willing to pay. When the transfer window shuts without the interested club making a bid the player is happy to stay. If interested club decide that my asking price is fair they usually come in with a bid that is close to my asking price, and I am happy to sell.

This IS a bug and if anyone thinks otherwise will have mutiny on their hands...you got that SI? :p

I say otherwise. As I have said above it is quite easy to avoid the situation and the only fault here was how you handled it...

I'll do my best to find out an answer for you as to why it isn't increasing. I don't think it's that anyone doesn't want to answer, but simply that none of us has had a clear one to give you.

Is there any way to increase discipline stat? I'm in a long term save, and if I knew setting it to 20 would decrease the amount of player requests I receive, it would have been a no-brainer, however, I always thought it would increase over time. It's bloody annoying if it doesn't.

Is there any way to increase discipline stat? I'm in a long term save, and if I knew setting it to 20 would decrease the amount of player requests I receive, it would have been a no-brainer, however, I always thought it would increase over time. It's bloody annoying if it doesn't.

Mine's sitting at 5 in 2053, but then my management style would probably be described as incredibly lax one minute and then overly harsh the next, so I wouldn't read too much into that. No idea what it started at.

Mine is at 6 in 2024. Don't remember if I started with 6 or if it has increased from 5. I only fine players for missing training and getting direct red cards so you could argue that my level of discipline shouldn't increase.

Mine's sitting at 5 in 2053, but then my management style would probably be described as incredibly lax one minute and then overly harsh the next, so I wouldn't read too much into that. No idea what it started at.
Mine is at 6 in 2024. Don't remember if I started with 6 or if it has increased from 5. I only fine players for missing training and getting direct red cards so you could argue that my level of discipline shouldn't increase.

The discipline area you're referring to only has an affect on the 'Handling team discipline' bar on the left of your manager profile. The actual stat for level of discipline will help towards the level of complaints you tend to receive from players not playing etc, and as far as I'm aware, cannot be increased during the game.

Archived