ITT, Stupid decisions the board makes

So, I'm with a half a star team in a half a star league in a half a star country Gibraltar (somewhere near Spain). I've asked the board to expand my scouting range because the players in our country are extremely poor. Each and ever time, they refuse because they feel the pool is good enough, so I ask for an affiliate club, hoping they would do a deal with one in nearby countries, they refuse because we are currently the biggest team in the country so it's pointless.

Fair enough I drop the issue and focus on building our facilities in the hope of working with what I had.

2 years later the board announces a new affiliate deal. with a foreign team much better than us EXCELLENT!! I thought, I can now loan in with options to buy much better players than the ones I currently have access to- who is it?

Melbourne Victoria...in Australia...

Seeing as it's currently impossible for Spanish players to come to us because they see us as being too far away, not sure how they felt Australians would be easier. Sure enough, every player that comes up on offer says no to coming to play for us.

A couple of years go by, I ask the board again for another deal for a bigger club, this time they agree.

YES!!

A month later they bring me a list of three teams in Europe, this sounds promising, all 2.5 stars and above rated- excellent, excellent so who are they?

They are all from Turkey!! What? Turkey where none of the players are accessible (i.e greyed out)?

Yes, that Turkey. I now have access to a team that has no players but do have access all my players whenever they go on sale...

GG guys, GG.

Well if it doesn't get reported, and they don't deem it important enough to fix (because no-one has complained) then it won't get fixed in future versions either.

Plus if you're a half star reputation side, where exactly is the pressing need to extend your scouting range from a board perspective? They'll do it eventually, but it's probably far enough away. Trust me, I've done two long term saves in Gibraltar, and it took a long while for it to be extended.

To return to the topic of "stupid board decisions"... repeatedly accepting my apology after I apply for other jobs and they give me an ultimatum to apologise or resign. So far, I've done it five times in just under a month. Fire me, already.

To return to the topic of "stupid board decisions"... repeatedly accepting my apology after I apply for other jobs and they give me an ultimatum to apologise or resign. So far, I've done it five times in just under a month. Fire me, already.
I've always wanted an option to tell the board to sack me if they are that upset, why should I give up the remainder of my contract by resigning? Under English law it could also be seen as constructive dismissal so I've never liked the board doing something that could see them embroiled in a civil court case.

I am now asking for the board to make the team a fully pro team and they tell me that they don't have enough confidence in me...

In the past 7 seasons, I have won the league all 7 times.

I have won the main cup at least 4 times (currently in our 5th final)

I regularly do better than expected in the champions league (okay, we only ever make it to qualifier round 2 but still)

club stature is 100%

wages 100%

squad harmony 70% ( I admit I screwed this up big time but It's raised a lot since the start of the season)

Board is "very pleased"

Job status is v.secure

But they keep saying the have no confidence in my leadership...what am I doing wrong?

These are worth raising in the bugs forum, although the decision to not go full-time is imho the correct one the reason given should focus on the lack of financial or competitive need to go full-time & as for the club affiliation request the board should reject it on the basis that due to the club's statue it is unlikely that any viable affiliation with an overseas club could be arranged.

These are worth raising in the bugs forum, although the decision to not go full-time is imho the correct one the reason given should focus on the lack of financial or competitive need to go full-time & as for the club affiliation request the board should reject it on the basis that due to the club's statue it is unlikely that any viable affiliation with an overseas club could be arranged.

What he said. The bug is with the message they're giving you, rather than the rejection itself. I've never found requesting pro status to work with the board ever, it's always been them doing it for themselves.

Archived