Fixture scheduling is broken in several leagues

In Holland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal and probably other leagues, the home and away scheduling is totally broken. All teams regularly play consecutive matches at home or away, sometimes as many as three in a row.

3012hko.jpg

2affuxs.jpg

This might seem small to some people, but for me it's a gamebreaking problem in these leagues. Having to play three consecutive away games followed by three consecutive home games is not only unrealistic, it unbalances the game and affects form greatly. How something as simple and blatant as this can get through testing on the final patch of the game is beyond me.

Its totally impossible for it to go home, away, home, away.

However it should be possible to avoid hhh or aaa as the op rightly complains about as well as the amount of hh or aa. Especially when no European games are scheduled.

However it should be possible to avoid hhh or aaa as the op rightly complains about as well as the amount of hh or aa. Especially when no European games are scheduled.

Probably but is it really that important? By the end of the season all the teams play the same amount of home & away games.

The OP calls it game breaking when it is a minor issue at best.

Probably but is it really that important? By the end of the season all the teams play the same amount of home & away games.

The OP calls it game breaking when it is a minor issue at best.

For the sake of realism it's important.

And as the op says for HIM it's game-breaking. He doesn't claim his view is universal

For the sake of realism it's important.

And as the op says for HIM it's game-breaking. He doesn't claim his view is universal

But he uses a fairly well defined term in the context of gaming to try and add prominence to his issue which isn't actually game-breaking. A game-breaking issue is only game-breaking in the sense that you cannot continue beyond the game-breaking point because the game is not functionally capable of getting past it.

Log the issue but again the concept of simple and blatant, FM's been out for a while now and I haven't seen this issue pop up on the general board before. It may already be logged in the bugs forums though and being worked on.

"Game-breaking" has to be one of the most horrible and over-used phrases used on this forum. Like santy says, gamebreaking is for crashes or similar that mean you can't physically play the game in any form. Things like the OP's problem can fall anywhere from minor to serious, depending on the user, but in no way is it game-breaking. Using that just weakens any argument to be honest.

Objectively speaking, yes game-breaking is when the game crashes, you can't continue beyond a certain point and such.

But when subjectively speaking about issues like in the op you can say it's game-breaking. As it's a subjective view.

Nevertheless I do agree that sometimes words/phrases are overused and eventually breaks the argument instead of emphasizing it :)

I just played Celtic 4 times away in a row - admitted it was SPL game, League Cup, Scottish Cup and SPL, but I've had regular instances that because of Cup reschedules and European play that I'll play the same team 3 times in a row. Doesn't matter when you play them if you win them.

Objectively speaking, yes game-breaking is when the game crashes, you can't continue beyond a certain point and such.

But when subjectively speaking about issues like in the op you can say it's game-breaking. As it's a subjective view.

Nevertheless I do agree that sometimes words/phrases are overused and eventually breaks the argument instead of emphasizing it :)

In this instance the correct terminology would be immersion-breaking.

I just played Celtic 4 times away in a row - admitted it was SPL game, League Cup, Scottish Cup and SPL, but I've had regular instances that because of Cup reschedules and European play that I'll play the same team 3 times in a row. Doesn't matter when you play them if you win them.

In real life, Celtic have just completed four successive games v Dundee United.

Hiya Jackie McNamara, Hiya pal!

Archived