Is this strange?

Eventhough Leo fc (Gibraltar) has won the league 6 times in a row we've only had 29 season ticket holders for all of them?

Yes we are semi pro but still, 6 time champions though...

mean while, our closest rival is still increasing their average attendance and sponsorship sales.

You have to think of the demographic of the place. Monaco could win the league 10 years in a row but the season ticket numbers are unlikely to increase because it takes half the population turning up to fill the stadium.

And who would your closest rival be? Lincoln? If so, they have a massive advantage over you in terms of rep - in Gibraltarian terms at least. Your rep isn't going to change massively by winning what amounts to a mickey mouse league six times. It's going to take sustained success, and most likely in Europe, before it'll jump by too much. I'd won 9 titles, and reached the 3rd Champions League qualifying/Europa League playoff before they decided to make the change.

Plus it's an edited league, strange and possibly unrealistic things may happen.

Yes, you may be right. for a league that is inconsequential, the press are ridiculously rampant about it.

Is it not the lowest ranked league in Europe at game start? Lowest top tier anyway.

Gibraltar just takes a lot of patience. It's a long slog, but an enjoyable one - for me anyway. Just wait until you see and experience some of the financial quirks that come with the edited database... :p

my self imposed challenge is to get the team from 1/2 star to 5stars...I'm gonna be here a while I think.

I've reached 4.5 and I've just moved into the 2050's. Could certainly be done quicker though if you're a better manager than me, which would not be in any way hard. Like I said though, it's good fun. You get to really invest in your squad, get to know them a lot better, and end up with your heroes through all levels. It'll definitely be worth it once you achieve it :thup:

Archived