First Team Football

Whatever team I manage, whatever league, if a player doesn't play 5 games in a row, whether it is the beginning or the end of the season, they ask for more team football, become unsettled and unsettle the rest of the squad, even if they have rotation or backup roles.

Also, a foul on a player already booked automatically means a send-off.

Has anyone else encountered this?

If their perception is that they are first team or key player status then not playing for 5 consecutive matches is a problem & it's reasonable for them to ask for clarification on playing time, are the backup/rotation players clearly of a lower ability or rep when compared to your first team/indispensible players?

Below is an excellent post on the need to put together a well balaced squad, it is one of the most important factors to consider when playing FM15.

It is still ridiculously easy to keep a squad of players happy. I've had players play 0 minutes in a season and not complain, as well as players way better than my level not asking to leave when they clearly should.

Professional players help, rotation helps, and most importantly, signing players to realistic squad statuses helps massively. Remember, it's not just the squad status that matters, it's what the player perceives as their status that matters. So, if you have world class players backing up even better world class players, they will demand to play very quickly. If your back-ups are back-ups for your stature, they will not complain nearly so quickly. People assembling super squads always seem to forget this. Just because player X is your 4th best in that position doesn't mean he won't demand more football if he would get it at most clubs of your stature.

I meant a foul, sorry. A player already booked automatically gets sent off if he touches another player. No leniency.

Also, I was just through a game with no more no less then 8 WORLD CLASS saves by an unknown Brazilian goalkeeper in the Portuguese First League, with me playing as Sporting. I am talking clearing the ball off the line repeatedly, and one-on-one saves. This game is hugely unrealistic and a complete waste of money. So as usual then.

I meant a foul, sorry. A player already booked automatically gets sent off if he touches another player. No leniency.

Thats just not true.

One thing that could sway your perception is the type of highlights you watch though. Watching on comprehensive or even full match I've seen many players commit fouls when on yellows and not get sent off however if you watch on key or maybe extended these incidents won't be considered a highlight whereas a foul that gets a player a 2nd yellow would be.

Also, I was just through a game with no more no less then 8 WORLD CLASS saves by an unknown Brazilian goalkeeper in the Portuguese First League, with me playing as Sporting. I am talking clearing the ball off the line repeatedly, and one-on-one saves. This game is hugely unrealistic and a complete waste of money. So as usual then.

So keepers aren't allowed to make saves now?

I am a GK, playing as high as the lofty Norwegian 5th division, and even I have had games where I have made several "world class" saves... (Saves that I had no right to be even near)

All keepers at all levels have a game now and then when they are completely unstoppable! It happens!

I am a GK, playing as high as the lofty Norwegian 5th division, and even I have had games where I have made several "world class" saves... (Saves that I had no right to be even near)

All keepers at all levels have a game now and then when they are completely unstoppable! It happens!

Exactly, even happened to Joe Hart last week :D

Archived