Help - Reserve leagues

jimosaurus

I've created a custom pan-European super league In FM15, and I've run it for a couple of years to check the cups etc. all work, but I'm having trouble with getting reserve leagues to work!

I've set the Nation Rules to create reserve and U19 leagues in the same divisions as the main leagues, but the reserve leagues consist of mainly the English teams (I've based the league in England), including lower league teams that aren't in the super league. However, teams from countries where the reserve teams are part of the same pyramid (Bayern II, Real Madrid Castilla, etc.) are still counted as being in their own country's system, and some countries' clubs, e.g. Italy, don't have reserves in a league at all.

Can anyone help? Hopefully this makes sense!

I think it may be to do with the way these clubs work in the associated countries. Usually German/Spanish teams etc are reserve teams as a subsidiary of the main team and so wouldn't be considered a reserve team for the purposes of your league. You may have to edit these teams in the editor and remove as a reserve team of the main team, done on the details part of the club section under reserves section. Just highlight the II team (or whatever they are called) and then click remove. They would then become teams in their own right and could have reserve teams of their own swell as Bayern/Madrid etc having 'ordinary' reserve teams. Hopefully that helps.

Yeah, the only problem with that is that Castilla players, for example, would no longer be registered to Real; it also doesn't solve the Italian problem :confused: I was thinking about creating separate leagues lower down the pyramid for reserves/youth, with no promotion, and going through manually and creating reserve teams for each team but that would be time consuming.

Archived