Lloris wont be a cheap option anymore...

Just seen on Sky Sports News that AC Milan have signed Hugo Lloris from Nice IRL.

like many others, I have had huge success with him, and was hoping he wouldnt move.

Ever Banega and Breno are two examples, joining Valencia and Bayern respectively.

Any one else dissapointed by this news?

Are there any other players on FM who you think will move after being so good on the game?

Just seen on Sky Sports News that AC Milan have signed Hugo Lloris from Nice IRL.

like many others, I have had huge success with him, and was hoping he wouldnt move.

Ever Banega and Breno are two examples, joining Valencia and Bayern respectively.

Any one else dissapointed by this news?

Are there any other players on FM who you think will move after being so good on the game?

Eh? When the hell did this happen? I thought he'd decided to join Lyon?!!

Anyway, others:

- Samir Nasri (not that I'm bothered since he'll be at my club! icon_biggrin.gif)

- Hatem Ben Arfa (probably gonna be just as cheap)

- Giovani Dos Santos (probably moving outside Spain and wont have a release clause anymore)

- Bosingwa (dont usually sign him but he's pretty good but will be very expensive now that he's gone to Chelsea)

Thats just a few that came straight to mind. Probably more that I'll think of later.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> - Giovani Dos Santos (probably moving outside Spain and wont have a release clause anymore) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why Dos Santos wants to leave Barca is beyond me, his side just got rid of an imbecile as a coach and are rebuilding around youth, ie. him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

O crap, sorry it is Lyon not AC Milan!

Just testing you, of courseicon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol where it say on SSN mate?

I just looked on the site it says he's still open to talking to Spurs lol

liam_everton89 - Not on the website, on the TV channel.

'Lyon sign goalkeeper Hugo Lloris from Nice replacing Gregory Coupet.'

Thats what it said on the news show at the bottom, after news about Zaragoza's new manager, and before the news about Iraq playing international games againicon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why Dos Santos wants to leave Barca is beyond me, his side just got rid of an imbecile as a coach and are rebuilding around youth, ie. him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dos Santos doesnt really want to move. But they dont want to bother keeping him either. They were trying to negotiate a new contract with him but the little ***** is demanding some atrocious amount apprantely because he knows that Chelsea are interested in him. So Barca (very rightly) told him to bugger off.

He's not that good anyway. Very over-hyped. If he's still a -10 next FM, I'll be very surprised. Think he's gonna be brought down to -9.

The little prima donna thinks he's better than he actually is. Barcelona will do well to get rid of him.

As for Rijkaard - he's a good coach dude. Not a very good judge of ability though. Why he bought that over-rated joker Milito to Barca I'll never know. He was just made to look like an excellent defender due to the distinctly average Pique next to him! And then ofcourse there was Ronaldinho deciding to lose all interest in the game as well.

But hey, look at the bright side - it probably wont be as difficult to sign Bojan and Messi in the next FM. I'd be well annoyed if it was still as hard to sign Messi. I could understand it while his mentor was still at the club. But with him gone, surely it shouldnt be as difficult anymore! icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by prome:

I hope he joins Spurs. They are really gonna push it in couple of seasons if they manage to get the players they're after. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aparently there on the verge of Diego Capel signing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why Dos Santos wants to leave Barca is beyond me, his side just got rid of an imbecile as a coach and are rebuilding around youth, ie. him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dos Santos doesnt really want to move. But they dont want to bother keeping him either. They were trying to negotiate a new contract with him but the little ***** is demanding some atrocious amount apprantely because he knows that Chelsea are interested in him. So Barca (very rightly) told him to bugger off.

He's not that good anyway. Very over-hyped. If he's still a -10 next FM, I'll be very surprised. Think he's gonna be brought down to -9.

The little prima donna thinks he's better than he actually is. Barcelona will do well to get rid of him.

As for Rijkaard - he's a good coach dude. Not a very good judge of ability though. Why he bought that over-rated joker Milito to Barca I'll never know. He was just made to look like an excellent defender due to the distinctly average Pique next to him! And then ofcourse there was Ronaldinho deciding to lose all interest in the game as well.

But hey, look at the bright side - it probably wont be as difficult to sign Bojan and Messi in the next FM. I'd be well annoyed if it was still as hard to sign Messi. I could understand it while his mentor was still at the club. But with him gone, surely it shouldnt be as difficult anymore! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Disagree about how good Dos Santos could be I think he could be absolutly brilliant.

Rijkaard is an awful coach he managed to blow away a huge lead last season in the league and should have been sacked then, his signings have been average at best and he maintains in playing out of form or past it players (Thuram, Milito(who could be a good player) and Ronnie). Rijkaard was stagnating the club and had to go, just watch for his next job to go tits up as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Disagree about how good Dos Santos could be I think he could be absolutly brilliant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure he could be brilliant. As could many other players. The point I was trying to make is that I dont think he has the temperament to be. I dont think he will do justice to all the talent that he has. If he can get his head out of his own ar*e, then yeah I agree he could be bloody brilliant. Been pretty average this season (except for the last game). Ofcourse, he's still very young and still learning. But oh, those are just my thoughts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Rijkaard is an awful coach he managed to blow away a huge lead last season in the league and should have been sacked then, his signings have been average at best and he maintains in playing out of form or past it players (Thuram, Milito(who could be a good player) and Ronnie). Rijkaard was stagnating the club and had to go, just watch for his next job to go tits up as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You seem to forget all that he did for Barca. Got them from being an average club at one point to the most feared all over the world. No "awful" coach would be able to do that regardless of the players he has. Thuram was actually a good signing. As backup, you couldnt ask for anybody better with the amount of experience that man has. Milito, I've already said above, was a horrible choice.

In all fairness, any other coach would have also been inclined to stick with Ronaldinho. The man is a magician and Rijkaard was hopeful that he'll rediscover his form. It didnt happen and he did drop him eventually although admittedly, a little too late.

He did make mistakes last season. But that doesnt make him an "awful" coach by any means. He's still a brilliant tactician matey. Alex Ferguson had a few average years at Man Utd recently and Arsene Wenger is having them currently. Yet only a fool will call them both "awful" coaches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Disagree about how good Dos Santos could be I think he could be absolutly brilliant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure he could be brilliant. As could many other players. The point I was trying to make is that I dont think he has the temperament to be. I dont think he will do justice to all the talent that he has. If he can get his head out of his own ar*e, then yeah I agree he could be bloody brilliant. Been pretty average this season (except for the last game). Ofcourse, he's still very young and still learning. But oh, those are just my thoughts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Rijkaard is an awful coach he managed to blow away a huge lead last season in the league and should have been sacked then, his signings have been average at best and he maintains in playing out of form or past it players (Thuram, Milito(who could be a good player) and Ronnie). Rijkaard was stagnating the club and had to go, just watch for his next job to go tits up as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You seem to forget all that he did for Barca. Got them from being an average club at one point to the most feared all over the world. No "awful" coach would be able to do that regardless of the players he has. Thuram was actually a good signing. As backup, you couldnt ask for anybody better with the amount of experience that man has. Milito, I've already said above, was a horrible choice.

In all fairness, any other coach would have also been inclined to stick with Ronaldinho. The man is a magician and Rijkaard was hopeful that he'll rediscover his form. It didnt happen and he did drop him eventually although admittedly, a little too late.

He did make mistakes last season. But that doesnt make him an "awful" coach by any means. He's still a brilliant tactician matey. Alex Ferguson had a few average years at Man Utd recently and Arsene Wenger is having them currently. Yet only a fool will call them both "awful" coaches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Barca's success was more inspite of Rijkaard not because of him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Barca's success was more inspite of Rijkaard not because of him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're just trying to convince yourself that he's a rubbish coach mate. The fact is that when he was made coach, Barca were on a decline. And while he was coach, they again became a dominant force in the world. And at one point, they were the best team in the world and playing the best football as well. You can try to put any and all arguements you want but the fact still remains that Barca achieved that while Rijkaard was at the helm. And if a team does well with a particular coach, the coach is given credit for it regardless of how good the team might have been before he joined.

Anyway, you've got your opinion and you're entitled to it. Fair enough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by startom:

back to topic quickly he hasnt signed for lyon nor ac... is however currently contemplating ac and lyon but is keeping his options open to other clubs like spurs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No he has signed i saw it on the french news you need to understand french that is (like me) icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by startom:

back to topic quickly he hasnt signed for lyon nor ac... is however currently contemplating ac and lyon but is keeping his options open to other clubs like spurs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh dear you look abit of a numtie mate:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3625266,00.html

Never mind a? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vinsanity666:

You would probably be able to loan him in 09. Like Bojan is loanable in 08! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bojan is 16 and Barca want him to get first team experience.

Lloris will be an important first team player IMO.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vinsanity666:

You would probably be able to loan him in 09. Like Bojan is loanable in 08! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lloris will be an important first team player IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is Coupet retiring then? I'd say it would be his last couple of years with Lloris as understudy -> MAYBE you could be able to loan him then.

Then again Lloris is only 21. I know Bojan is 17 but a goalkeeper and a striker is whole other thing. A striker starts declining when he becomes 29-30ish and a goalkeeper starts declining when he is 35-36ish. A lot of time to ripen at another club IMHO.

Is Coupet retiring then? I'd say it would be his last couple of years with Lloris as understudy -> MAYBE you could be able to loan him then.

Then again Lloris is only 21. I know Bojan is 17 but a goalkeeper and a striker is whole other thing. A striker starts declining when he becomes 29-30ish and a goalkeeper starts declining when he is 35-36ish. A lot of time to ripen at another club IMHO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoPeY:

Oh dear you look abit of a numtie mate:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3625266,00.html

Never mind a? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That link has a bit saying that Coupet has decided to leave Lyon after his 8th league title.

Then again Lloris is only 21. I know Bojan is 17 but a goalkeeper and a striker is whole other thing. A striker starts declining when he becomes 29-30ish and a goalkeeper starts declining when he is 35-36ish. A lot of time to ripen at another club IMHO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I know Coupet has refused to sign a new deal with Lyon or hasn't been offered one. So he has played his last game for them. SSN is saying that no clubs have approached him and if they don't soon, he will probably retire after Euro 2008

Okay then, i've read it on a belgian site wich didn't state anything about Coupet. icon_biggrin.gif

Still i think 21 is a bit too young for a 1st team GK irl. Just my opinion though and i hope for you Lyon fans that i will be proved wrong icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

JUst heard he has signed for Lyon. I thought he hadnt chosen yet aswell, but it seems he signed on the dotted line today </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you had both read some of the other posts in the thread, then you would know that his move WAS confirmed today, and times of the deal being reported/confirmed had also been posted. SkySports is not the be-all and end-all!! icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomtuck01:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

JUst heard he has signed for Lyon. I thought he hadnt chosen yet aswell, but it seems he signed on the dotted line today </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you had both read some of the other posts in the thread, then you would know that his move WAS confirmed today, and times of the deal being reported/confirmed had also been posted. SkySports is not the be-all and end-all!! icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed mate.

We are the "be-all and end-all". icon_biggrin.gif

wow chill winston im on my comp and checking skysports website and it aint been updated on there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, SkySports is not the be-all and end-all!!

icon_rolleyes.gif

Archived