Head of youth development and newgens question

I have been playing a save with stutgart and because they have a good academy they tend to get good newgens it seems. So i am aware that a head of youth developments personality can carry over to some of the youth candidates but does he have any impact on there position?

The reason i ask this is because every year we get a 4/5 star potential newgen who is an attacking midfielder center?

I have been playing a save with stutgart and because they have a good academy they tend to get good newgens it seems. So i am aware that a head of youth developments personality can carry over to some of the youth candidates but does he have any impact on there position?

The reason i ask this is because every year we get a 4/5 star potential newgen who is an attacking midfielder center?

think the positions are just random

I read somewhere the other day that your staffs prefered formations/personality corraspond with the youth intake you receive for the season. So for instance if you play a normal flat 442 but most of your staff prefer say a 433 then your wide players youth players will likely inherit the aml/amr position trait rather then the ML/MR position. Same goes with staff personalities if you focus on staff with proffesional personalities then you should start seeing more proffesional minded youngsters coming through.

This is what bothers me most with FM ive played since the very beggining (amiga days) and its probably my most played game especially considering how old the title is now, and yet i only just found this info out myself like 2 days ago and i'm pretty certain that the informant/website that printed this priceless bit of info had nothing to do officially with Si themselves. It kinda confuses me why they add side features like this and do not inform us, which leads to me/us doing things wrong for over 20 years and being clueless to it until we randomly stumble accross some info (not from SI). And the only reason i found that info in the 1st place is because i was looking for info on other stuff that isnt very well explained in game.

I read somewhere the other day that your staffs prefered formations/personality corraspond with the youth intake you receive for the season. So for instance if you play a normal flat 442 but most of your staff prefer say a 433 then your wide players youth players will likely inherit the aml/amr position trait rather then the ML/MR position. Same goes with staff personalities if you focus on staff with proffesional personalities then you should start seeing more proffesional minded youngsters coming through.

This is what bothers me most with FM ive played since the very beggining (amiga days) and its probably my most played game especially considering how old the title is now, and yet i only just found this info out myself like 2 days ago and i'm pretty certain that the informant/website that printed this priceless bit of info had nothing to do officially with Si themselves. It kinda confuses me why they add side features like this and do not inform us, which leads to me/us doing things wrong for over 20 years and being clueless to it until we randomly stumble accross some info (not from SI). And the only reason i found that info in the 1st place is because i was looking for info on other stuff that isnt very well explained in game.

Thanks for the information on the favoured staff formations will keep that in mind now. I agree with you it would be nice if there was more information easily available on what effects youth intakes.

i made alot of testing in fm14 because i was playing the "youth challange", where you basicly take a english club in the 5th league and only play on youth regens as far as you can go.. i was interested how the youth development guy selects players etc

i came to the conclusion that the attributes of the guy have litearlly 0 impact on the intake, the only thing that somehow influence the intake is your club reputation and youth recruitment level, i tested it couple years over, even cheated by hijacking a world class youth development guy into my 5th league team, the intakes were the same as the regular unknown..

its a very sad and bad part of the game, i hope every year they make some improvements on it, sadly this year very little to no changes at all

Your are welcome louissiscool.

Haunted1234 from what i read i think it was more based on the whole of your backroom staff's formations not just the head of youth, 1 fairly important stat though for the head of youth which can often be ignored is his reputation, the higher the rep the greater the chance he has of the "better" youth's wanting to come to your club. Again this is info obtained from third party's so its still a bit of a grey area for me until we can get some more official explanation(s).

like i said, i hijacked a reputation "world class" guy, i think it was the one from chelsea at the time, and it didnt change a thing, i even kept him 2 years (because i thought maybe he needs time to have an impact on the youthtake), but the average intake was still as low PA as the obscure reputation unknown guy

Archived