Contract Bonuses

It seems as was the case in EHM 2007, you can only offer bonuses to entry level contracts in Early Access. Now I'm not sure what the real world rules are for the NHL but I know there is at least a games played bonus which is usually given to older veterans near retirement. For example, I believe Alfredsson had like a 10 game contract bonus from Detroit. Is this going to be implemented into the new EHM?

It seems as was the case in EHM 2007, you can only offer bonuses to entry level contracts in Early Access. Now I'm not sure what the real world rules are for the NHL but I know there is at least a games played bonus which is usually given to older veterans near retirement. For example, I believe Alfredsson had like a 10 game contract bonus from Detroit. Is this going to be implemented into the new EHM?

From NHL CBA:

Performance bonuses will only be permissible for the following types of players: (1) players on entry-level contracts; (2) players signing one-year contracts after returning from long-term injuries (players with 400 or more games who spent 100 or more days on injured reserve in the last year of their most recent contract); and senior veteran players who sign a one-year contract after the age of 35.

I really don't know if that is such a important matter. But sure, in some point of developement that would be nice addition.

• SI Staff

Yes, not all the finer details are implemented in the game. We have tried to include all the key elements of the different rules but obviously we need to draw the line at some point on how detailed we can go currently.

Archived