Is this supposed to happen?

My team is semi pro so I expect us to get robbed when it comes to player sales. We have a guy who is much better than the rest of the team. Naturally he wants to leave and tells me so.

I tell him he can leave if the team meets my evaluation. The game values him at £500. I set the price at £1mil and ask the DoF to handle things because for whatever reason, no club wants to deal when I offer players. The club bids £375. DoF rejects it club doesn't bother to renegotiate. and the player gets angry with me.

1. The club refused to negotiate several times with me. Even if they had offed me the £375, I would have liked to talk about it.

2. They were nowhere near the evaluation either by me or the game so how did I fail?

I think your expectations are unrealistic.

As you're managing in Gibraltar (I assume you're still there) I expect the nation transfer table has very low values set for expected transfer fees so asking for £1m sounds way off base, you're DoF is only following your instructions which are to get £1m for the player. I'm sure he would have negotiated if he felt a deal close to that value could be agreed but wen the player is only worth £500 that is never going to happen.

I don't want to sell but I want to see what they are willing to offer for him. I've had other players valued at £500 sell for 40k+ before. I just want to negotiate. I got bored and asked the DoF to get them talking. I know 1mil is unreasonable but asking them to at least converse with me isn't. It would be easier if you find a team is interested in a player, you could talk to them see how far they were willing to go.

I'll let Kriss have a go at me later for this, if you advertised your used car that is worth £5,000 for £50,000 I wouldn't be calling you to arrange a time to look at it, I'd just carry on reading looking through the classifieds for someone with more reasonable expectations.

Fine, but that doesn't explain why they couldn't have told me that £375 directly 1.

2 why the player got upset when the bid was under ANY evaluation made of him. I respect the fact my expectation is too high. That's on purpose what I don't like is the actual bid and the ssubsequentthreat of mutiny.

The agreement was that you accept a bid fitting your valuation. The problem is, your valuation wasn't anywhere near realistic. Not close. The player, I'm sure, is upset about that. I'd be too, if I were him.

Okay. 2 suggestions? If a player thinks you are trying to sabotage him which I admit I was, he should call you up on it. 2 if a team has been showing 'major interest' in a player for 5 seasons straight, they should make some kind of enquiry. I don't mean an official bid just send out a feeler. Only reason I did this was to see what was going on with them.

1. That does happen as I've had to deal with such a complaint, not sure on the timescale though so it might be that the unhappiness moved beyond that stage before the complaint could kick in.

2. Not sure why they wouldn't make an approach, probably worth a jaunt over to the bugs forum.

The player is permanently happy. He plays every match He only gets the jitters when the transfer window opens. With regards to the bug forums. I have posted about 3 threads and not one has been given an answer, also... They said no more bug fixes so...I feel it would be a waste.

You are correct that that there are no planned updates for this version* but that doesn't mean issues are ignored, any bug report is investigated (I know as I worked at SI for almost 3 years) & if a problem is identified it will be added to the bugs database to be fixed for future versions of FM.

Report issues now & they can be fixed for FM16, if they are not reported then it increases the chances that the same issues will be in FM16 & then people complain that nothing is fixed.

*This is not definitive but is increasingly more likely the farther we get from the last update

Archived