Wrong Number of Teams for North American ChampsLeage

Darkraver13

I get this msg although I didn't touch the league. I created a bigger league in Barbados and instead of using 'add new team', I used 'duplicate team'. It's faster, you don't have to edit kits to avoid all teams being blue, duplicating teams you can get two teams from the same City, just change the name of the one etc. I edited the history of the league adding more champions and seasons. I can't understand why I get Wrong Number of Teams found for North American Champions League stage 0. I didn't delete any teams or changed teams outside of Barbados.

If the team you duplicated was one that qualifies for the champions league it may have added the new duplicated team to the champions league aswell, which means there are now more teams than there is supposed to be in the competition.

If you look at the American Champions League in the editor it should tell you how many teams are needed and under the qualified teams tab it should list the teams entered for the next competition.

You can add/delete teams as needed from there.

I had this issue once before and this is how I solved it.

• 2 weeks later...

Qualified teams is empty. I don't see how the league gets it's teams for the group stage, there's is just Get Qualified Teams for Competition under the Teams section, but I never see a rule saying which teams are those.

Stage 0 is btw the group stage with 24 teams. Qualified teams should come from the Caribbean region.

I've just checked and the North American Champions League has 24 registered teams in the Registered Teams tab in my unedited database, all for 2014.

8 teams are seeded 1, 8 are seeded 2 and the other 8 are seeded 3.

Check the comp in your edited database to see how many are registered. It needs to be 24.

If you want, you can upload your file and I'll have a look for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I removed CONCACAF champions league from the database and it worked. Now, I started a test save and all was OK, excluding the fact that North America didn't have a Club Champions League. But World Club Cup was played. No I wonder if I add a second file with edited Champions League for CONCACAF nations, it should work. If not, to hell with it. As long as World Club Cup is played, I don't really care.

Archived