Build New Stadium Issue

Hi guys,

I have been managing Brentford for 14 years, got promoted to the Premier League and the team is now the 3rd richest club in the world.

The problem is the stadium... the stadium I'm in now was build in 2017 and the capacity is only 35k, expanded to maximum capacity. My season tickets have been selling out for the past 4 seasons. At the end of every season the board says "Local council blocks planning permission" and I don't even have an option to ask the board to build a new stadium :(

As of now I have to constantly sell players to turn in a profit every season. Anyone else having this stadium problem?

It sounds like you are suffering from the hard coded 20 year gap between new stadia being built.

My situation is even worse. We are still stuck in the 15762 capacity ground that was built upon promotion to the Championship, despite our average attendance being above 99.5% for the last 19 years. We've won the Champions League 13 times!

Despite being able to ask for a new one for the last three years, the board aren't interested as they don't think we have the fanbase :D

It sounds like you are suffering from the hard coded 20 year gap between new stadia being built.

My situation is even worse. We are still stuck in the 15762 capacity ground that was built upon promotion to the Championship, despite our average attendance being above 99.5% for the last 19 years. We've won the Champions League 13 times!

Despite being able to ask for a new one for the last three years, the board aren't interested as they don't think we have the fanbase :D

What's the population of the island? It must double on match day! :D

Do cities/towns, or more accurately their councils, have any sort of attributes in game? From the OPs example, maybe Brentford is coded as having a council that very strongly opposes massive construction projects. I somehow doubt this is the case, it's probably the game's way of telling you to wait out the 20 years, but it'd be interesting if there were something there.

You can ask the clubs board every 6 or so months in game, or you could in FM14 and earlier versions, has this time frame been changed?!

Eventually you asking for a new stadium will be granted, eventually.

You can ask the clubs board every 6 or so months in game, or you could in FM14 and earlier versions, has this time frame been changed?!

Eventually you asking for a new stadium will be granted, eventually.

The option to ask is removed if you've had a new stadium built within the last 20 years.

Archived