CD with ''Gets forward whenever possible''

In my save, Phil Jones has this PPM also has ''Runs with ball through centre''. Is it a problem for CD ? or Can it be useful without DM position ? I mean i wanna play possession football and ı dont have any dm position. so these PPMs can help me or not ?

It depends on how you're set up. I find it's more successful with a very fluid philosophy and a relatively high team mentality, although it also works when I'm playing on counter. You also need to make sure the CD has space to move into. It's not going to happen often if you play a deep 4-2-3-1 with two DMs sitting in front of the defence.

It hardly happens due to the ME being restrictive, it suffers the same frustrations as the libero role, where any central defender get so far upfield and then seem to hit an invisible wall. Then they'll pass the ball and drop back regardless of how much free space they have to run into.

Only player I ever had do it consistently and with purpose is this guy, but he's out of this world and the best player I've had at any position in any save. I gave him the PPM intentionally along with "runs with ball often" and played in a very fluid system with a high defensive line (FM14). He routinely takes the ball well past the halfway line, but will then always hand it off to a more attacking player. I've never seen even this guy take the ball all the way to the penalty area. You'd think if the match engine was gonna have a defender play that aggressively it'd be this guy and... not even then really. That said, what he does do is exceptional obviously.

The exception is when he is played at DM as a half back, then he's all over the field.

Wonder what would happen if i did something like this, though:

QJCjIgU.png

Might be suicidal, or might actually work with that particular player? Dunno.

Archived