U-19 to U-21 manager question

Okay, here's one I've not seen an answer to yet. Currently I'm managing the French U-19 team, a squad with which I've already won the U-19 Euros. The French U-21 post has come open due to retirement, but there's no way I can work out that I can apply for that job. By the way, in between, the main France manager job came open and--nothing, not even a sniff in my direction. I figured then, maybe I'll try my hand at U-21 level and then they might notice me. Move up the ladder like.

So what's the answer here? Is there a way to apply and I'm missing it? Would the job be offered to me if my reputation was high enough (which, it ought to be, considering I have a very strong club record plus that U-19 Euro championship to my credit)? I can't even find where I can declare interest in the job, never mind actually apply.

EDIT: Info I probably should have included. I've only got a Continental B license at the moment, though I'm pretty close to the Continental A. I noticed that the managers who got hired over me for both the France U-21 and main France jobs have Continental Pro licenses. Maybe that's what's keeping me back?

Archived