Netrual home/away kit

Is there any actual reason why when we play a team of the same kit colour on Neutral venue that the designated Home team

wears the change strip instead of the away team?

So If it is Manchester United vs Liverpool in theiory as the home team United should play in red but on the game they would be the ones in white or blue and Liverpool in red.

Is this a bug or actually meant to occur?

I don't know about any sort of rules IRL or FM but I'm sure I heard somewhere along the way that generally it was the home team that historically changed kit.

Theory being that the away team brought one kit (Main one) whereas the home team had better access to other kits as the home team.

IRL, it varies from competition to competition, but nowadays is generally decided by coin toss or agreement between the teams.

From the Capital One Cup rules:

10.4 When away from home, Clubs will play in colours (shorts, shirts and socks) which are clearly distinguishable from those of their opponents. When playing on a neutral ground, Clubs will determine whether by agreement or the toss of a coin which of them shall be deemed to be the Home Club for this purpose.

And, for a bang up-to-date example, if Liverpool beat Blackburn in the FA Cup Quarter Final, they'll play in their away kit against Villa in the Semi, as they've lost a coin toss:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-wear-away-strip-8953510

I don't know how this is implemented in FM.

Archived