start and end of season team meeting choices aren't aspirational enough (particular to celtic)

every start and end of season when i go to tell my team what i want to achieve, the best i can tell them is i want to win the league, the other options are always CL qualification and europa qualification.

its 2019, I've won the league about 6 years in a row and am mega rich. I'm actually hoping to win the league (again) without losing a game, maybe even without dropping a point (dropped 4 one season) and try to win the CL as i havent got past the semis.

so when i tell the players i hope to win the scottish league and they all get excited by that i find it a bit daft really.

Yeah, I've noticed that once I'd won the league a couple times, there are really only one or two options in that team talk, both being some variation of I'm expecting to win the league next season so you'd better come back ready to go. I don't even get the expect to qualify for Europe options at that point. Definitely room to add a couple more options, maybe like "We're playing in the Champions/Europa League next season, I expect a strong showing in the group stages/I expect to qualify for the knockout stages/I expect to make the semis/I expect to win the Cup".

Archived