Are my board's expectations realistic?

If the board have given you sufficient funds then I don't see why they wouldn't ask for a mid-table finish, iirc Bournemouth are rated as a quite a wealthy & ambitious club.

Sounds like an interesting challenge.

edit: Decided to change your thread title. 'Realistic?' just felt a little too vague

Interesting challenge is probably selling it a bit short, more like you're being tucked up by the board before they cash in.

Where are the media predicting that you'll finish?

I wonder what a club IRL gets for a transfer kitty when making that step up to the Premier League? 19 million is a decent piece of money but is probably a minimal amount compared to the rest of the league. For me mid-table sounds a little ambitious, particularly for a club that has never played in the top flight and as recently as 2013 was in League One. Sounds to me like the board is overly ambitious, I wonder if the real-life Bournemouth board is that ambitious?

Harsh that you're now under a transfer embargo. Those can drag on for some time, so there's a strong possibility you can kiss this transfer window goodbye. However your transfer saga pans out, the board ought to give you the chance to revise your league expectations based on this--not saying it'll happen, I'm saying it's something that should be in the game.

By chance, now that I think of it, have you yet gotten to the point where you can raise/lower your expectations in exchange for a larger/smaller budget? In other words, is the mid-table finish expectation what your board told you straight off, or did you agree to it in exchange for more cashola?

the middle table was the lowest they offered me, i also had top half or euro cup qualify, i always pick the lowest and work with what i have.

luckily the embargo was lifted just in time for july 1st.

time to wheel and deal

Promoted to the Premier League after spending roughly twenty years in the third tier, then two years in the Championship--I don't think the Europa League should even have been put forth as an option. Your board realistically should be ecstatic if you finish 15th. Do you happen to remember what the board were going to offer you for European qualification?

Anyway, glad you got that embargo lifted--that would have been a bit much for me to take!

They are owned by a very wealthy individual, in the FM data he is set as a background sugar daddy so it's not illogical that he could be more demanding than owners of other promoted sides.

Archived