'Too good' to manage a team

I'm chelsea manager on a decent weekly wage (37k a week) and have won the CL 3 times in a row and the league once. I got bored so thought I'd manage the team I support (Newcastle) who were a mid table nothing team (like now in real life in fact). The job came up and I applied, however to my surprise I was turned down and Paul Ince got the job

A bug or was it that i was too good to be their manager, was very surprising nonetheless

How long is you current contract? it's probably to do with compensation.

Yeah, it's probably this. If you had really wanted the job you would have been better off resigning your current job. I've never had a problem doing it that way, even when resigning a top job where I'd won everything there was to win and going for a Conference-level job.

I had the same playing on FMC, I am Manager of Slavia Praha and one of the Second Division sides were taken over by a Tycoon so I applied when the position became vacant and I was overlooked for the job despite winning back-to-back League Titles and Domestic Cups, doubt compensation was an issue as they had plenty in the bank (I would assume).

The compensation amount may not be an issue as it were so much in terms of finances but rather that a club is willing to spend X amount for a manager. When I recently moved to PSG they paid almost £4m in compensation despite me only having a year left on my contract, after I signed a much higher contract for the final 2 years at Tottenham very few clubs would offer me the job because of that.

Archived