[FM15] Jon Smith: (Multi) National Treasure

Zeonflux

After 2 successful Man Utd careers (I know it's not really hard to achieve but never mind), I decided to embark on a challenge I'd never completed and so decided to try and complete one of the National Hero achievements.

After not being able to decide which country to do it with, I came to the conclusion that I was going to complete all 6 as part of 1 save and so the Multinational Treasure career was born.

So to get the ball rolling I loaded up a new game with all leagues loaded from England, Scotland, France, Italy, Spain and Brazil and set the database to large.

For my profile I set my past experience to Sunday League and National C License.

Jon%20Smith%20Profile%20Start%20of%20Career_zpsysew9vos.png

Jon%20Smith%20Profile%20Information%20Start%20of%20Career_zpshnqsxdwm.png

After looking through the leagues to find a team to be i opted to go to start in Brazil after having a previous save in Brazil which i really enjoyed. I then decided to take over Sao Caetano as they were currently looking for a new manager following a poor start to the season which had seen them just above the relegation zone in 8th with 11 points from 11 games.

Satildeo%20Caetano_%20%20Profile_zps3hvbz7ub.png

My target for the season from the board was to be competitive in the SIL Campeonato Brasileiro Série C.

Sao%20Caetano%20Squad%20Depth%20First%20Joined_zpsai6h8ghn.png

The squad i pretty well stocked in terms of cover with only the MR/AMR slot looking a little lacking but that shouldn't be too much of an issue considering the formations that I'll be using rely more on an AMR rather than an MR and I've a few AMLs that can cover if necessary.

Sao%20Caetano%20433%20Tactic_zpsmsvxkqky.png

Sao%20Caetano%20442%20Tactic_zpsyyftbatv.png

I'll be mainly using the 4-3-3 /4-3-2-1 as i like the cover the 3 midfielders prove to the defense as well as the support to the front 3.

Finally I managed to make a few transfers before the window slammed shut. My transfers were:

Rondinelly_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsww32eunz.png

Rondinelly who should bring some creativity to my midfield and help to keep the ball ticking over as well as providing goals and assists from midfield.

Alan%20Costa_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsgfwn2bon.png

Alan Costa comes in as a more than suitable CB and should be in the team for at least 2 promotions, with decent mental stats as well as technical stats. The only real worry is with his strength.

Rodrigo%20Jesus_%20Overview%20Profile_zps3vwmiqqz.png

Rodrigo Jesus was the final player to arrive and should be battling to be the No1 striker for the foreseeable future.

Now onto the season, I've got 7 games to the end of this part of the season when there should be playoff games so ill post an update then.

:thup: Thanks GDH!

Ok so after completing the last 7 games of the regular Serie C season in Brazil my results looked like this:

Sao%20Caetano%20End%20of%20Serie%20C%20First%20Season%20Fixtures_zpsovhy2gqp.png

My first game in charge was away to Duque de Caxias and was a 3:1 win, I then went on to record a record of 4w, 2d and 1l out of the remaining 7 games and i was still in with a chance of sneaking a playoff place even though the team only had 11 points when i joined.

SIL%20Campeonato%20Brasileiro%20Seacuterie%20C_%20First%20Season_zpssrkl3n84.png

Unfortunately the lack of points at the start of the season cost us and we ran out of games to catch the top 4. Having said that i do believe that the 2 games we drew were winnable which is a good sign for next season.

Anyway there's now a break until the start of the regional Championship (if its still the same format as the last time i managed in Brazil).

Also a little detail about the club which i didn't put in earlier.

Sao Caetano were founded in 1989 and were predicted to finish 1st (so someone messed up). They are currently valued at £450K with a loan debt of £130K and finally on an interesting side not they are local rivals with the last team i managed in Brazil (on FM12) which is Santo Andre. Hopefully I'll get further with Sao!

Shame you didn't have a handful of more games before the season finished.

Yeah that was my thoughts exactly HC, I reckon 5 more games and we'd have been going to the next round of the playoff.

We back to the grind, after a lengthy 4 months off football returned to Sao Caetano in the form of the Paulistao, in which we will be playing 15 games.

Sao%20Caetano%20Fixtures%20Paulistao%20Season%202%20First%20Half_zpseceb2027.png

Half way through the league and as you can see we've lost our winning ways with a record of 1w 5d and 2l which place us 15 out of 20. Personally I'm not too disheartened by this as teams in the league include Corinthians, Palmeiras, Sao Paulo and Santos, but the Board weren't happy and I received a message from them following the Sao Bernardo game.

Board%20Meeting%20-%20Future_zpssas5mshv.png

The big wigs weren't happy with the results and after a brief chat they told me they expected either 6 points from the next 5 games or my resignation on the board room table.

What with struggling to find a formation that combats the annoying Brazilian trait of having lots of DMs in a team and also playing Sao Paulo, Palmeiras and Santos in 3 of the next 5 games i have a feeling that my time with Sao Caetano is going to be short lived.

Due to the fact that i may or may not be unemployed after the next 5 games I'll post again after those matches rather than after the last league game.

That feature should really check who you're playing next - although given the fairly low target it's possible it already did.

I was of the opinion that it possibly had taken my opponents into account but considering our form 2 wins was a huge ask.

As expected we lost all 3 against the big boys with Santos scoring 3 and Sao Paulo knocking 4 past us. We fared a lot better against Palmeiras as well managed a very respectable 3-2 loss and when you take into account that they scored a penalty and from an awful error from our keeper it was possible that we could have taken 3 points from them.

Anyways to the important bit and the 2 games against Guarantingueta and Sao Bento in which we had to win both or I'd be looking for a new club.

We went to Guarantingueta first and on the back of a 7 game streak without a win and in desperate need of the points. The game started quite evenly although we had slightly more possession we didn't manage to take advantage and they didn't really threaten either and so we went in 0-0 at half time.

We came out for the second half and immediately started to create chances and in the 47 minute Clebinho was brought down in the box and Joabe stepped up to drill the ball low and hard to the keepers left as the keeper went the other way.

A small sense of relieve took over as we had the goal that our slight dominance and stern defending deserved, but the relieve was soon replaced with dread as our goalscorer Joabe hacked down one of their attackers in the box and they duly scored the resulting penalty.

A tense period of play took over with neither side gaining the upper hand until Joabe sent over a lovely cross into the box that Clebinho got his head on the end of and placed his header onto the crossbar but managed to bundle the ball over the line to give us the lead back.

20 minutes past and the had opened up with us trying to get another and them trying to equalize before an early cross into the box found the head of Clebinho who buried past the keeper and that's how it stayed.

Guaratinguetaacute%20v%20Satildeo%20Caetano%20Season%202_zpsqi5dxigs.png

After the Guaratingueta match we were 1 win away from me keeping my position and so we went to Sao Bento looking to continue from our fantastic win.

Again the game was evenly matched until the 55 minute when a cross from the left was met by Icaro, (a DM that had good enough looking stats that I'm retraining him as a ST) he met it in spectaular style connecting with a cracking bicycle kick that would have put Rooney to shame.

We kicked on from there and within 2 minutes Clebinho was on the score sheet again with his third goal in 2 matches, after arriving at the back post to slot home a driven cross.

Again we looked in control for the next 15 minutes until Sao Bento scored but we managed to see out the game and collect the much needed points that the Chairman required.

Satildeo%20Bento%20SP%20v%20Satildeo%20Caetano%20Season%202_zpshwapk5ca.png

You said it DB we needed 6 points and we got them, luckily enough for me it was only 6 points as we lost the last 2 games of the League and so now we are just over 35 days away from the start of the Serie C season.

Serie C kicked off midway through May and our unpredictable form continued. We are predicted to finish 3rd and kicked off with 2 great wins before returned to our usual form with 2 loses and 2 draws, before we collected another win.We finished off the last of our first 9 games with a draw and a loss.

First half of the season form, 3w, 3d and 3l.

Sao%20Caetano%20Season%202%20First%20Half_zpswpdmmju3.png

This left us in a great position for the second part of the season.

SIL%20Campeonato%20Brasileiro%20Seacuterie%20C%20Season%202%20First%20Half_zpstiya1uej.png

Mixed start, still within touching distance of Boasvista though.

They are definitely the target Bilbo, even though finishing first doesn't mean anything in reality as there is no bonus for finishing 1st.

Anyway to finish 1st we needed to improve our performances and improve our finishing as our strikers just haven't been doing a good enough job.

Sao%20Caetano%20Season%202%202%20Games%20Left_zpsozj1z2lg.png

Following our victory over Tupi i received this lovely message.

Sao%20Caetano%20Season%202%20Qualify%20for%20round%202_zpsrr11mvrk.png

And a quick look at the table shows that Boavista are definitely there for the taking but with 2 games left it would be close.

SIL%20Campeonato%20Brasileiro%20Seacuterie%20C%20Season%202%202%20Games%20Left_zpsca8wwlbz.png

Very quick update, we played really well in our last 2 games of the regular season winning both games 3-0, unfortunately Boavista won both games and so finished the regular season top with us in second.

We were drawn against Treze, who finished 3rd in the Serie C group A (we were in group B). They finished the league with 28 points and we'll have to be at our best in the 2 legs we play them in order to progress to the Semis

Cheers for the support Delta but I'll make this quick........

We sucked balls and lost 4-1 in the first leg and 1-0 in the second leg.

It's times like this that I wish I understood the tactics better as i generally have no idea how to make/change a tactic to counter the opposition

You said it Bilbo and i'm ashamed to say but following from the disappointment last night i completely forgot to take screenshots at the halfway point of the Paulista League and so this update is for the whole of the league campaign and i'll put the Cup matches as a separate update.

Paulista%20Results%20Season%203%20End_zpsamhgz8gh.png

As you can see compared to last year the season was a resounding success with 6 wins, 7 draws and only 2 defeats which both came against teams in the highest divison of the regular season, (Paulista being a regional championship).

Our standout performance of the League being a 2-2 Draw against Sao Paulo (Also in the 1st division) a game which we came from 1-0 down to lead 2-1 and if i'm honest we weren't struggling to hold it at 2-2 as we did have chances to win it.

All in all it meant that we finished in a very respectable 8th with only Guarani being the only team in the same division as us. WE also had the joint 2nd best record for loses with Corinthians losing only once and then us and Sao Paolo losing twice and then Santos and Palmeiras behind us on 3 loses.

Campeonato%20Paulista%20Seacuterie%20A1%20Season%203%20Finish_zpsxpfckery.png

As stated the next update will show our Cup run and then its back to the day to day of trying to get promotion to division 2. I'll also post up some of our signings as i didn't rally make any last season.

While i remembered also state that Brazil is really annoying at the moment as most teams play with at least 1 DM (most use 2) which i find hard to break down. Also every team seems to exploit the offside trap as I'm averaging almost 1 ruled out goal for offside a game.

Finally with this update I'm working on a potential transfer to Sao Caetano which for us would be a superstar in terms of the players stats but there is 1 sticking point......the SODDING AGENT! The player appears in my list os possible transfers after removing teh unrealistic players and after declaring an interest, which the player said he would be open to, the agent won't even talk to me when i go to offer the player a per-contract or if i try and sign him from the club he's at.

Yeah we did well Bilbo, it was a welcome relief following the end to our quest for promotion.

Anyways as promised the Cup update.

In the first round we had a favorable draw being matched up against Mogi Mirim, a team we beat 3-1 during the Paulista Championship.

Satildeo%20Caetano%20v%20Mogi%20Mirim%20Cup%20Season%203%201-0_zpsxu2ki5em.png

Mogi%20Mirim%20v%20Satildeo%20Caetano%20Cup%20Season%203%204-0_zps18t7cvj6.png

We had a good start beating them 1-0 at Home before smashing them 4-0 away. The away game was a little nerve racking as Mogi Mirim had 2 goals disallowed when the score was 0-0 but we turned it around after half time and the goals started to follow.

Following our good performances over Mogi Mirim we were drawn against another team we had faced during the Paulista Championship in the form of the team that finished 2nd, Palmeiras.

The first leg was definitely the best performance of my reign at the helm of Sao Caetano. WE may have only had 3 shots all game but all 3 were on target and all 3 nestled into the back of the net, and we only just lost out on possession with us having 44% and them only 56%.

Satildeo%20Caetano%20v%20Palmeiras%20Cup%20Season%203%203-1_zpsugbnhj0n.png

The second leg was a much calmer affair from my point of view with myself already satisfied at the teams performance and i would have been happy even if we went out of the competiton.

Having said that as a manager i wanted to win (and the also the coffers could do with a nice injection of competition money). Anyway we started the second game at Palmeiras the same way we ended the first leg and we were ahead within the first 7 minutes thanks to Clebinho. Palmeiras started to show their quality soon after and were 2-1 up by half time. We continued to battle after half time and were soon rewarded when in the 65 minute we got a penalty which Kleber scored to level it up at 2-2, which is how it stayed and we booked our place in the next round against Ceara who are currently in the2nd division.

Finally an quick transfer update, after some issue with getting the agent to listen and possibly due to our performance in the Paulista State Championship I was able to agree a deal to bring in a new star for the team.

Kelvin_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsoi3zy8tu.png

Kelvin will be joining us on a free transfer from Porto B and compared to the rest of the team he has the stats to be an absolute beast, especially in Division 3. Just got to wait until the 20 June for him to arrive

Kelvin joined us a couple of games into the season but we started where we left off from the Paulista Championship and the Cup and form our opening 9 games we had 4w 4d and 1l which was a huge improvement from last season.

Serie%20C%20Third%20Season%20First%20Half_zpsxydx2szi.png

One of the new signings Fabio Neves has been a revelation scoring 6 goals in the first 9 games.

Fabio%20Neves_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsrbdz0xbh.png

After this start we had we went into the halfway point of the regular season 2 points behind Joinville and we will have to play them next so we could move top if we beat them and then we should canter to the 1st position for the end of the regular season.

SIL%20Campeonato%20Brasileiro%20Seacuterie%20C%20Season%203%20First%20Half_zpslm09fxwn.png

Time for a break from the race for Promotion with an update on our run in the Cup.

As previously stated we played Ceara in the 3rd round and the first leg was at home.

We dominated the game from start to finish and we started the scoring with our star signing Kelvin grabbing a goal in the 24th minute. The score line was doubled 7 minutes later when William Mineiro got on the scoresheet and that was the end of the scoring but we should have got at least 1 more goal before full time.

The second leg was basically the exact opposite of the 1st leg with us unable to get a foot hold in the game and we were punished in the 36 minute when they got a goal. From then on they attacked and we had no reply and just when I thought we'd survive they got a second to equalize the tie in the 83rd minute and from then on we went to penalties.

Both teams scored their first 3 penalties without issue, before we banged in our 4th and which they then duly missed. With the chance to take the victory and score the winning goal we bottled it and my penalty taker decided to do his impression of David Beckham against Portugal. They then smashed theirs into the top corner to send it to sudden death. We scored our first and then Luiz our keeper made a wonder save to send us into the 4th round.

We got an awful draw for the 4th round......Cruzeiro!

The 1st leg was away and after Cruzeiro controlling the early part of the game we grew into it and ended up taking the lead just before half time with a low drilled shot from Bruninho in the 45(+2) minute. The second half was an end to end game but neither side could provide a finish and so we left Cruzeiro with a 1-0 lead to take with us into the return leg at home.

The 2nd leg went the same as the first with Cruzeiro controlling the early going before we could grow into the game. We managed to keep them away from the goal with some brilliant defending and Luiz on top form to take us to half time with our 1-0 lead in tack and only 45 minutes left before we were in the draw for the quarter final. We came out strong in teh second half and after 7 minutes we were rewarded when Kelvin got the ball just outside the box on the right of the Cruzeiro and bent the ball into the far top corner to send the fans into rapture and give us a 2-0 lead. We continued our strong defensive display and Cruzeiro couldn't find a way through until the 89 minute when a loose shot just rolled in after hitting the post but it wasn't enough and we went through to the Quarter final!

Season%203%20Cup%20up%20to%20Qrt%20Final_zpsh5dztscf.png

Fantastic giant killing! :applause:

It's been brilliant Bilbo, we've taken out 2 top division teams and we've now been drawn against Botofogo (also top division) and we 4 games from the final and 5 from the Cup. Also one for the favorites Santss are out as well

Well Botofogo are gonna have to wait as we had the league to contend with and we continued the second have of the season the way we ended the first half the only real difference being that we lose and won an extra game at the expense of 2 games that we drew earlier in the season leaving out form at 5w, 2d and 2l.

Sao%20Caetano%20Serie%20C%20Fixtures%20Regular%20season%20end_zpsy79kwdft.png

Thanks to our form we headed into the last game just needing to equal or better Joinville's result to finish top.....

Sao%20Caetano%20Serie%20C%20Table%20Regular%20season%20end_zpso1mqtvl1.png

We didn't as they won their final game so they finished 2 points ahead of us, when 24 hours prior we were top by a point........another disappointing blow if I'm honest.

I'd also managed to tie up some players that were on loan to full contracts after offering the parent clubs the fantastic sum of £0 each which was accepted.

Digatildeo_%20Overview%20Profile_zps0pcaj4ya.png

Digao joined at the start of the season and has been phenomenal at right back and has notched 5 assists and a stunning goal in his time with us. Stand out RB since i joined Sao Caetano.

Bruninho_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsxm17aaco.png

Bruninho again joined at the start of the season and has been an ever present when available. Reliable and good on the ball and boasting an average rating of 7.18.

Pablo_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsjkl064aw.png

Pablo joined on loan with only 2 games left to play of the regular season and he scored 3 in those to games and notched up an average rating of 8.05

We got drawn against CRAC in the Quarter Final of the Division 3 play off and as far as i can remember we've got a decent record against them having played twice with 1 win and 1 draw in our favor so here's hoping we make the Semis with ease.

Ok a quick update into our Cup matches against Botofogo.

We battled well in the first leg in what was a surprisingly close game which ended 1-1 after a late Norton goal for us equalize after they had scored in the 18 minute.

The second leg was anything but close with Botofogo dominating from the off and eventually running out 2-0 winners to end our progress in the Cup for this year.

That's the main thing Bilbo and as the challenge is to unlock the National Hero Achievement in each of the 6 possible country then that's the goal at the moment.

With that in mind we turned our attention away from the Cup and to the Quarter Finals of the Serie C season.

CRAC were the opponents and if our previous encounters were anything to go by then we should progress easily.

Following a good start it took us only 13 minutes to get going, when after some good build up play Kelvin burst in from the right wing and took aim and was unlucky to hit the post but Joabe was the quickest to respond and knocked the ball home to give us the lead. Only 4 minutes later the score was doubled when Kelvin swung in a corner from the right which was put into the far corner from the head of Alex Lima. That's the way it stayed until a minute before half time when Kelvin was set free by a long ball from the back and cut in on to his left foot to curl the ball around the diving keeper and inside the far post. We picked up the second half from where we left off and within a minute a Kelvin corner was recycled back to him on the wing and he crossed for Bruninho to head it past the keeper. The 5th goal came after some more great possession play and ended up making its was to Kelvin to drill it home. The rout was ended by loan player Pablo who put a bullet header past the dis-paring keeper following a great cross from the recently signed Digao.

CRAC%20v%20Satildeo%20Caetano%20Serie%20C%20Qrt%20Final%201st%20Leg_zpswagghr0v.png

The second leg was a 0-0 draw and so we progressed into the Semi Finals and got drawn against Luverdense and they were steam rolling it.

Luverdense%20State_zpsyqbna4rh.png

Luverdense%20Serie%20C_zpskwxr6fmx.png

Not including Cup matches this is a team that had lost only 1 game throughout both the State Championship and Serie C and that came in the 3rd game of the State Championship and they had completed the Serie C season undefeated, so we were up against it.

That being said if your gonna be the best you gotta beat the best and we intended to do that. It took 4 minutes for a goal to arrive and Player of the Season contender Kelvin was the man to get it, it came from some good play down the right by Fabio Naves and Digao before Digao found Kelvin in the box who then dispatched the ball with ease. WE controlled the game then for the rest of the half, missing a few guilt edged chances until Bruninho played a defense splitting pass to Clebinho who slotted the ball home for No2 on the stroke of half time. It took less than 5 minutes after the restart for Left Back Denner to play a long through ball over the Luverdense back four which Pablo pounced on, he then strolled into the box and put it past the keeper. Our final goal came following some scrappy play on the edge of Luverdense's box which ended in Clebinho playing in Pablo for his 6th goal in 5 appearances. From then on we conceded a penalty which they scored and a near last minute second.

Satildeo%20Caetano%20v%20Luverdense%20Serie%20C%20Semi%20Final%201st%20Leg_zpsar10xreq.png

The second leg was almost a carbon copy of the first with as we blew Luverdense way in the first 18 minutes with a goal from Fabio Neves and 2 more from Pablo sending his tally to 8 in 6 games and then Alex Lima ended the scoring for us in the 53rd minute. Luverndense got 2 consolation goals but the tie was done and dusted by then and we were already thinking of the final.

The final was a favourable draw with us getting previous goal fodder Joinville. Like in the Quarters and the Semis we dominated the game from early on and were rewarded with a 16th minute goal from Superman Pablo, who within 15 minutes had doubled his tally. WE continued to maintain our dominance and in the 40th minute Alex Lima popped up with another goal from the back and that's the way it stayed giving us a healthy 3 goal advantage for the second leg.

The second leg was a more open affair with Joinville having to attack us to try and get back into the tie. The first goal came in the 26th minute when the ball got played to Kelvin who cushioned a head down to Fabio Neves, who in turn played a lovely lobbed pass into Pablo and then in what can only be described as Michael Owen in his prime, moved the ball to the right hand side of the goal before drilling it low and hard back across the keeping into the far corner. 7 Minutes later after some good play down the left by Kelvin and Digao, Kelvin sent over a lovely delivery to the far post that was met by the head of Clebinho to give us a 5-0 aggregate lead. Joinville got a goal back just before half time following some poor marking. 3 Minutes after half time and Pablo struck again with his 12th goal in 8 matches, following some pinball action in the Joinville box after a corner. Joinville got a 2nd in the 78th minute again after poor defending but the game was over 5 minutes later following a counter attack in which Clebinho ran from inside our half to the edge of the Joinville box, he then played a ball across the box to Kelvin who took a touch to cushion the ball into the path of the onrushing Fabio Neves to drill low and hard into the corner of the goal sealing a 4-2 win and 7-2 aggregate win overall.

Joinville%20v%20Satildeo%20Caetano%20Serie%20C%20Final%202nd%20Leg_zpse7awl43j.png

PROMOTION IS OURS!!!!!!

Right a few bits a pieces to clear up before we crack on to the State Championship and then Serie B!

Player of the Year Awards.

3rd - This goes to the RB Digao who played 33 games in all competitions, he scored 1, had 8 assists and was a beast at the back with an average rating of 7.47

2nd - This goes to the man who was destined to be Player of the Year but was beaten be a phenomenal end of season by the eventually winner. Kelvin was 2nd with 11 goals and 10 assists in 22 appearances and an average rating of 7.61

1st - The winner by a mile is Pablo who joined us with 2 games of the regular season left and in 8 matches he scored 12 goals and an average rating of 8.44

Awards wise we cleaned up....almost, with Luiz (GK) Alex Lima (CB) Gualberto (CB) Fabio Neves (AM/ST) Bruninho (DM/CM) and Pablo (ST) all in the Team of the Year. Kelvin won Player of the Year and I won Manager of the year.

Amazingly enough Pablo who as stated played 8 games in the Serie C season, was the top goalscorer with 12 goals. This prompted my to pay £100k upfront and another £900k over 48 months to get him to join us. I've also made Denner a permanent member of the squad and am just looking for some new players to hep improve the team.

Thanks HC.

Following on from our promotion the board wet a little bit mental I think as then decided that they Minimum they wanted from the Paulista State Championship was a Quarter Final place and they expected immediate promotion to the Top division in the main league.

With those 2 goals firmly in mind we started our voyage into the Paulista State Championship and it was like the previous season hadn't ended for us.

We had Palmeiras, Corinthians and Santos as the top division teams in our group for the initial part of the Championship and we had an opening day fixture against Corinthians who we dispatched 1-0. A couple of weeks later we player Palmeiras and blew thm out of the water running out 3-0 winners adn bar a 3-3 draw against Portuguesa (which was partially due to playing a 16 year old keeper after Alvaro got himself sent off in the previous game) we had maximum points at the half way stage of the regular Championship.

Paulista%20Fixtures%20First%20Half_zpsxtqshmhr.png

Our great start actually put us top of the State Championship by 4 points, although a few teams do have some games in hand.

Campeonato%20Paulista%20Seacuterie%20A1%20Season%204%20First%20Half_zpsxxouzo0o.png

Thanks for the support guys :thup:

We continued the 2nd half of the State Championship the way we finished the 1st half, by taking points from every game. This meant that I accomplished another goal I've never had which is to finish a season undefeated!

The highlight of the 2nd half of the Championship was the 4-4 draw with Santos, no because they are a bigger team than us but because we were down to 10 men after 16 minutes and finished the 1st half 2-1 behind, before rallying back to 2-2. Santos then scored 2 more but we were able to level it back at 4-4 and did have a chance at the end of the match to win it.

Paulista%20Fixtures%20Second%20Half_zps8vrfizyg.png

Unfortunately the draw to Ponte Preta consigned us to finishing 4th when we could have taken 1st but nevermind. We then went out of the Quarter finals to Sao Paulo following a 2-1 loss. We also went out of the Cup due to a poor first leg defeat to Ceara but promotion is my aim for this season so i'm not too bothered.

Campeonato%20Paulista%20Seacuterie%20A1%20Season%204%20Second%20Half_zps1ljusa4t.png

Following on from the State Championship we started our first season in Serie B, in which we were ordered by the Board to achieve promotion at the first attempt.

With that in mind we had a poor start to the season drawing the first game and then losing the next two before we finally go ourselves going.

We dropped points on several occasions, mainly due to us not keeping our discipline and having players sent off.

Serie%20B%201st%20Half%20Fixtures_zpsa343fwqd.png

That being said we still found ourselves in a great position in that we are 3rd in the league behind runaway leaders Palmeiras and Coritiba.

Serie%20B%201st%20Half%20Table_zpsgedkmo5g.png

During the transfer market I brought in a new CB for a measly £57k and he is easily the stand out defender in our team

Luis%20Daniel%20Arbiso_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsg56hput8.png

That's a fair bet HC but I think your hats gonna be safe on this occasion.

He was the 2nd best bargain of my career, only being beaten by Kelvin who i got for free.

The second half of the season was the same as the first half with us winning the majority or games and keeping ourselves in the hunt for promotion. Our best game of the season was our 4-0 demolition of runaway leaders Palmeiras.

AD%20Satildeo%20Caetano__zpsex7zvspc.png

We actually achieved the promotion to the top division with 2 games to spare and at 6:59pm on 17/04/2015 i completed the first of the National Hero Achievements and the Brazilian leg of the career was done.

AD%20Satildeo%20Caetano__zpsex7zvspc.png

I was up for staying at Sao Caetano until i was given my budget for next season and as i was given a budget of £61k wages and £0 for transfers. Even after adjusting the budget i only got £945k to spend on players so i decided to look elsewhere since Brazil was finished.

I did apply for the managers position at Santos as their managers position was precarious but they weren't interested until he was gone. This annoyed the Board, but never mind I then applied for the only position in a low league and that was with Ayr in the Scottish 2nd Division.

The Board took um bridge at my application to Ayr and summoned me to a meeting, upon me telling them that they would be lucky to get compensation for my services going to another club they gave me the boot.

Never mind, Ayr invited me to an interview and seemed to like the cut of my jib and soon offered me the position which i took and the boards only target was for me to get into the play offs. Ayr were in 8th position and 7 points off of the last play off place but i'm sure we can reel them in :)

Ayr_%20%20Profile_zpspuvntwq7.png

Scottish%20League%20Two%20Just%20Joined_zpspvayroaa.png

I would just like to say that I enjoyed my time in Brazil and may return there later in this save, but the part of Brazil that I'm gonna miss is this guy.

Kelvin_%20Overview%20Attributes_zpse0pfumji.png

For me Kelvin was a beast, I've had Reus, Cuadardo, Bale, Januzaj, Cristiano Ronaldo, Di Maria and Sanchez and yet for me Kelvin has been my favourite and I'm not sure if that's down to the quality of the player in the leagues that i was in or that he was an unknown player that i found myself but i just can't say enough about him. This is a screenshot of Kelvin's stats during the last season.

From Brazil to Scotland, didn't see that move coming! Surely you're going to do your best to bring Kelvin with you?

I would Bilbo but I don't think he'd join us, besides I don't have enough budget, having said that if he's still at Sao Caetano next season and I get enough money then I'll give it ago

If he did join he would probably be the best player in Scotland. Going back to your comment about Brazil to Scotland, i'm kinda doing the National Hero stuff and a sort of Journeyman save as I've added extra leagues

How much of a challenge save is it? I'm loosely doing pentagon but it's more go with the flow. I've just unloaded Africa, for example, to cut down on the database size. Don't know when or if I'll ever end up managing there so my pentagon may well turn into a rectangle!

It's not really a challenge save as I don't think there is a National Hero Challenge (and if there isn't then this maybe the first), but I've got 84,000 players loaded and my game runs ok.

It was initially going to be just Brazil, Scotland, England, France, Italy and Spain but I've since added, South Africa, USA, Mexico, Holland, Germany, South Korea, Australia and Argentina

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it was a fair distance HC!

That being said it's been a while since my last post and this had been due to illness and a severe workload but I'm now getting back on track and this is the first quick update.

Ok Ayr.........the Scottish leg is over for now, I just couldn't get the team to gel in the time I had and we had a record of 2w 4d and 11l before I was summonsed before the board and basically they sent me out the back through the club shop delivery bay.

I am now in the process of looking for a new club and I'm debating just joining a team to raise my profile and then looking for a low league team to take over

Archived