Quick game speed question

FM rates my computer performance as 5*. Does the game speed star rating take into account your computer performance, or is it an independent value?

I ask because I'm thinking of starting a game with a fair number of leagues added from the outset. FM displays the game speed as 1*. I'm just wondering if this is FM telling me that my computer isn't up to running that number, or if it's just SI's way of telling you "this game will run slower than if you had less leagues loaded, d'uh".

Hope that makes sense.

It's just an indication that the game speed wil be at the slower end of the scale, no idea how SI asses 1* or 5* game speed though.

My save is rated to run at half a star but it is far from being slow.

It's just an indication that the game speed wil be at the slower end of the scale, no idea how SI asses 1* or 5* game speed though.

My save is rated to run at half a star but it is far from being slow.

Exactly what I wanted to hear! Many thanks!

FM rates my computer performance as 5*. Does the game speed star rating take into account your computer performance, or is it an independent value?

I ask because I'm thinking of starting a game with a fair number of leagues added from the outset. FM displays the game speed as 1*. I'm just wondering if this is FM telling me that my computer isn't up to running that number, or if it's just SI's way of telling you "this game will run slower than if you had less leagues loaded, d'uh".

Hope that makes sense.

I run lots of leagues in lots of nations and use a large database. My game always has 1/2 star for performance. I am happy with the speed though. It can get a little busy on transfer deadline day, but as a rule it's a trade off for a more realistic transfer system, competitive continental cups, smaller teams pushing up and giants falling and better international immersion.

I have stretched too far before, but I quickly knew and started a new save without wasting too much time.

Archived