Youngster's training workload

I have two 18 year old players complaining that their work load is too heavy. When I check their training it does say Heavy but there is no way to reduce this. They are not training for a new position or trying to master a new technique and the basic training is set to light. How do I solve this?

Is that correct?

Sounds very counter-intuitive to me as adding more coaches to the club or a specific training category wouldn't reduce a player's workload irl, if anything having more coaches available to work with players should increase the amount of work a player is doing in training because with more coaches they will not be able to hide in the background on the training ground.

If that is how the game the training module is working then I think something is wrong.

Is that correct?

Sounds very counter-intuitive to me as adding more coaches to the club or a specific training category wouldn't reduce a player's workload irl, if anything having more coaches available to work with players should increase the amount of work a player is doing in training because with more coaches they will not be able to hide in the background on the training ground.

If that is how the game the training module is working then I think something is wrong.

Sounds like you have fairly unprofessional players if they just want to hide in the background at a training session. :D

Cleon isn't making any sense to me either.

In FM14 (I'm opting out this year) your changes to team training schedule would come into effect only at the end of the week. Maybe that's what is happening here?

Sorry I read wrong, I was on my phone and thought it said coaches workload. Although there are plenty of counter-intuitive things with the current training module Barside, you know that better than most, so don't seem too surprised :D

OP - Even though you say the player is not training a new position or PPM. He could still have a high workload if he's training an attribute or a position schedule. Also take into account general training and match training, they add to the overall workload, individual training doesn't come out of general training, it's added to it. Also check their personality types, if they have low professionalism then they'll complain more about heavy schedules.

Both players are in the Under 18 squad. The only individual training they are doing is for their Natural position and this is set at Light. I couldn't see where their professionalism is shown but their personalities are Fairly ambitious and Balanced.

I have an Under 18 Manager and 6 Under 18 coaches (7 allowed). Is there some way of allocating coaches in the Under 18 set up?

The player's comments are "unhappy with high team training workload" and the coach's advice is to "reduce the amount of individual training assignments".

I think the training of the Under 18s has been allocated to the AM but I'm not sure if this makes any difference.

Archived