The Double Box to Box

I have been hanging around these forums for a few months now and I've decided to make this thread to talk about a midfield duo of BBM midfielders. However the player roles have been tweaked. This is now being used on my Liverpool save. I feel this role, if tweaked can be the best midfield role according to me. I'm having a lot of success in my save. The reason this role is great is because it is so dynamic, they can be tweaked into an AP-A, DLP, or CM-A while adding defensive responsibility. Now I'll introduce my tweaks---

BBM BBM

DLP-D

That's the midfield trio I'm using. Now, up top I've got two IF-As and a F9. So that the F9 doesn't get isolated, my left box to box has got these instructions-

Get Further Forward

Dribble More

Shoot Less Often

As you can see, he is almost an AP-A but he defends more and presses more. So I kill two birds with one stone. You can see how from a BBM, it has become an APBBM. On the other side, don't have any instructions (the right BBM). He doesn't attack so much and but is a safe pass when the others are in the final third while being a defensive presence as well. These are my in initial reactions. I can't add pictures currently. I'll upload them later. This was just a thought and please give feedback as this is my first thread.

If you want such a position, why not just use the RPM role?? It is like the APBBM you mentioned. It defends as well as a BBM and attacks like an AP

As far as my experience with the RPM, I haven't seen it defend as much as the bbm. Mind you I'm not an expert so I may be wrong

With the RPM though he starts in a deep position to collect he ball and then work his way through midfield at least with the BBM and with those PI's he is further up the field ready to receive the ball.

TBF you can have a CM(AP) with instructions to get forward and close down more,tackle hard?

How is the BBM like a playmaker if you do not allow him to make risky passes? Maybe get a CM who "dictate tempo" to play that position can help get the results yo want.

How is the BBM like a playmaker if you do not allow him to make risky passes? Maybe get a CM who "dictate tempo" to play that position can help get the results yo want.

Dictate tempo is for DLPs and Registas.

And I've tweaked and added the more risky passes PI

With the RPM though he starts in a deep position to collect he ball and then work his way through midfield at least with the BBM and with those PI's he is further up the field ready to receive the ball.

TBF you can have a CM(AP) with instructions to get forward and close down more,tackle hard?

I don't want my APBBM to collect from deep. What I want him to do what iniesta did all these years

Dictate tempo is for DLPs and Registas.

And I've tweaked and added the more risky passes PI

Reason being? Why APs (or any other role be that LFB) shouldn't be able to dictate tempo?

-SnUrF

Archived