Injury help

So I'm playing Arsenal on PC and (obviously ;-)) my tablet. Since I'm fairly new to the game as a whole, I've been keeping roughly the same strategy... On PC, things are going quite well. On my tablet, I've got 8-9 injuries. Now, of course I did start the season with a few... But at this rate I'm picking up an injury a game and it's only August 16th! I don't think I'm doing anything outrageous with my training...

I thought this must be a bug, but after searching the forum and seeing it's likely not.... Well, I must be missing something. Btw, I'm aware of the magic sponge.. But that really feels icky :-p. So it's not an option.

Thanks!

0sprey

There's no difference between the tablet and PC version with regard to injuries - you're just having an unlucky spell on the tablet version; nothing to worry about and it is not a bug.

Crikey. That's both comforting and dreadful at the same time lol... Well, when it rains it pours right? ha ha... ;-)

Thanks for the reply, and I'll just grit and push on!

I have the same issue on the PC game, have done since about the 2nd or 3rd update, since then I havent managed to get through a season as its so crappy with injuries I just start again... playing as classic mode with the assistant taking training your think it would be better, but with my current Newcastle game I have a minimun of 6 injuries at any one time and out of 13 league games there have only ever been 2 games where I didnt get a minimum of 1 injury, my record is 4 in 1 game... its got to the point this year were I am just going to uninstall the game and hope the next version isnt as bad. I have tried different teams and assistants, makes no difference, so either I have "had an unlucky spell in every game" or there is a bug, or the games runs differently on my PC... but I have not enjoyed this version at all this year. Might give the full version a go and maybe come back to classic mode next season, I know other people have asked if there has been a bug and have been shot down, I saw a tweet the other day about it, but this is not realistic or enjoyable for me.

So does that mean that the option to leave the training to the assistant doesnt work, surely they know how to get people fit otherwise whats the point of the option? I would understand that the better the assistant the better the training but I have a cracking assistant, he actually has 19 for fitness

Started again and controlling training as suggested, just about to player my first game of the season, both first team LBs Santon and Haidara injured, signed Jonas Hector first game (my last of pre-season) and guess what, out for 5 weeks so missing the start of the season and he was 100% when he joined... so now trying to sign my 4th left back of pre-season... whats a joke, this is total garbage!!!

Pre-season over 3 LBs out, Coloccini out, Ferguson out and Riviere out... and thats with me using a magic sponge at the start of the game to make De Jong, Cisse, Streete, Tiote and Good all fit!!! Does anyone know if you can get a database update for FM2014, I am not wasting my time with this total garbage.

Guys, cut out the unconstructive comments.

Aaron said that's a starting point. You haven't provided any information beyond "Zomg, injurrezz". He's just giving general advice as to what it could be.

Having an Assistant with 19 for fitness just means he is a good coach for training fitness categories/attributes, not necessarily that he'd be any good at managing training.

Also, there's more to it than just leaving training to the assistant and expecting teams to have no injuries. Squad management plays a big part as well. Most of you are having issues in pre-season. As Aaron touched on, the players aren't match fit and no, I'm not talking about Condition. I'm talking about Match Fitness. These players need to be managed for them to get to full fitness. If they aren't match fit, they'll lose condition quicker in matches and therefore be more prone to picking up injuries.

Having 4-5 injuries out at any one time is fairly normal. Of course you can have less (or more, for that matter) but it depends on how you're handling training, managing your squad, their match fitness (pre-season, lack of games and returning from injury) and how injury prone they are.

Saying SI is trying to force you to buy magic sponges makes no sense for them to do. It's just completely wrong. Take the advice.

Hi Hunt3r!

Sorry, maybe my last post was excessive. I have been buying SI GAMES products for a lot of years and I know this is not your target (to make us buy ingame features), but some people can think that with injuries issue. (Maybe the suggestion of "buy magic sponge" each time that a player is injured helps)

I agree, is normal in every team to have some players injured, but in some moments of the season teams have all players in good condition. Maybe only for one or two weeks. We see it in real football. I only say that this dont happen to me in FMC this year. I have 2 saves, one managing Milan and other with Hamburg, and I have ALWAYS a lot of players injured. I think I have tried with all possibilities in training, I rotate players in matchs to have all of them in good match fitness. Now for example I have 5 players injured in first team and 10 more in the reserve team. I have been playing FM since 90's and never had this problem. As well I have to say that this dont happen to me with my saves in full version of PC. Maybe is only bad luck in this 2 saves in FMC Tablet version.

I have just check the list of injured players for this weekend in spanish league, and only 4 or 5 teams have more than 3 players injured. Some like Atlético, Barcelona, Valencia , Malaga... dont have any injured player now.

I only say that I agree with you that in the most part of season this a normal and real situation, but not always. Maybe this issue must be revised in next versions. It is only my opinion.

Thank you for reply our doubts!!

(and sorry again for my english :))

I don't work for SI, so I don't care if you use magic sponge or not. :brock:

The thing is, you've been playing CM/FM games since the 90s, not FM15. The game improves and gets more detailed. Not everyone is having this issue, so the best thing to do is to really take a look at what you're doing as far as managing the team goes. Again, 5 players out is quite normal, but in my own game 5 would be an unlucky spell.

Archived