John Cofie

jaaaws

x42bn6

Well Wilshere was on fire for the U18's and in the few games he got for the reserves all of last year. I mean last year he started off as captain on the U16's and now he's on the bench for the Arsenal first-team. Surely that's got to count for something? The fact that he's made such great strides at a club as big as Arsenal. And I'm sure everybody would admit that its more difficult to break into the Arsenal first-team than say a Bordeaux (and I mean no disrespect to them). So its not just the pre-season form.

Anyway, everybody has different opinions. If you've seen Wilshere play in pre-season and you're making your judgement after that, then fair enough. But if you've not even seen him play at all then I dont think you're in any position to make a judgement tbh. I saw the kid in pre-season and 4-5 times for the U18's. Albeit, I didnt see full games, I did see enough to see what he can do. :)

There's another player, Danny Welbeck, with us, who's in almost exactly the same position. Broke into the Reserves easily at 16, mostly bypassing the Under-18s, and was on the bench multiple times for us. Could have come on but didn't. However, the Manchester United researcher has rightly said Welbeck's not a -10, but a -9.

Pre-season, like I said, means relatively nothing as there's a bunch of youngsters waiting to impress, players getting fitness back and various experiments being tried. Chris Eagles for us was one of our best pre-seasoners and he's at Burnley. Darron Gibson had a solid pre-season and he's behind Rodrigo Possebon at the moment.

Here's what the Arsenal researcher thinks:

Wilshire will be rated as follows. This has been discussed and discussed again with fellow researchers and the result is basically the outcome that he has not proven himself against league oppositions be it at lower league or prem. He cannot be rated as a prem player or league player on the evidence of a few pre season cameo performances. Yes he has played well in the time he has come on but could he do that fro the start and for the duration of the season. It is therefore decided that he will have a CA of around 85-95 and a PA of -9. This is i feel an accurate portrait of where he is at this moment in time. If he should however play a few pre games and excels in them, then there is no problem with other researchers to up him to around the 120's. But as i have said this totally depends on how much playing time he gets from now and until January.

x42bn6

TBH, I've not seen Welbeck play to be able to make any comments on him. The relative abilities that are given to a player are all a matter of opinion. I mean there was somebody on here who thought that Zlatan deserved to be the best striker on the game and I'm pretty sure most people would think otherwise. It really doesnt matter much to me because for every under-rated player, there's an over-rated one. So it all balances out in the end.

The researchers have their own views on how they see a player. With there being so many different people in the team, its practically impossible to have any sort of consistency. And I dont expect it either. I'm happy enough with the job the do and wont go cribbing if Wilshere is given a -9PA (as is apparantely the case).

However, that still wont change my opinion that he should be a -10! :D

PS:- Could you tell me what thread do I check to see what they're planning for the Arsenal players on FM09 mate? Cheers.

Thanx for that mate. I'll have a look see whats happening there!

Will I have to look through the whole thing or is there just one post where all the expected CA's/PA's for FM09 have been put up??

Thanx again mate.

There won't be any CA's/PA's posted in full for FM09 Hulk mate. The thread is for discussion of data issues so if you think there is a problem or have a suggestion post in there mate and Arsenal71 (the Arsenal researcher) should reply.

Getting back to the small matter (or big in the Green Mile), it'll be interesting to see if Cofie is in the game, if i remember correctly Burnley tried extremely hard to keep hold of him but ultimately he saw the bright lights of Manure and off he went, i'm guessing there'd be more chance of him being on the game if he was still at Burnley.

Ok, Lets just say that you had a player in your u18s who had a -10pa, and a player in your reserves with, lets say -8pa, who you trained, tutored and played in your 1st team, Wouldnt he turn out better than the guy in your u18s? After all, pa is only potential ability aint it?

Archived