Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11806841/Man-Utd-transfer-news-and-rumours-David-de-Gea-offered-12m-by-Real-Madrid-to-see-out-contract.html

Seen this? DDG getting a big pay off to see out his deal

Weeeelllll .... I'd imagine if you just didn't sell him and he left next summer then Madrid would give him a bigger signing on fee anyway so not sure it's some 'plan' Madrid have hatched here. It makes it seem they are more in control of this transfer than you though, which is probably the intention "yeah, well, well we don't want him until next summer anyway so there"!!

With stuff like this though if I was the club I'd just cash in and get it over with

God Rooney was awful Friday night, he isn't good enough to play upfront for us. His times up, I really wish we'd get rid. We need to buy a striker before the transfer window ends. I'm even happy to go with the defence that we've had the first two games.

Januzaj looks much stronger this season and it showed in his improvement in performance, that training over summer for him and Shaw really seems to have worked so far.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11806841/Man-Utd-transfer-news-and-rumours-David-de-Gea-offered-12m-by-Real-Madrid-to-see-out-contract.html

Seen this? DDG getting a big pay off to see out his deal

Weeeelllll .... I'd imagine if you just didn't sell him and he left next summer then Madrid would give him a bigger signing on fee anyway so not sure it's some 'plan' Madrid have hatched here. It makes it seem they are more in control of this transfer than you though, which is probably the intention "yeah, well, well we don't want him until next summer anyway so there"!!

With stuff like this though if I was the club I'd just cash in and get it over with

United would have cashed in if they had received a decent offer...

Yeah, that actually happened, except Real Madrid decided not to negotiate above £20m...

My humble opinion he is a great goalie, but anything over 15 mil should have been a sell, less than a year left on the contract and spending his time during the season negotiating an exit is not good business. But I suppose the lack of a good replacement is a factor but then we have all known about the DDG situation for some time now.

I hope you guys don't ever have to actually make deals happen

Oh no, they said they won't pay so that's that.

20m is better than 0 as well especially if he'll be 'distracted' this season

Facetious as usual and still missing the point. Neither side has budged yet on what they feel is a fair valuation, both want to negotiate on their terms. It's not football manager.

Crazy Ivan, defintely harder when there is a lack of viable replacements (wonder if we looked at Leno though...)

No, it's not football manager it's actual business. A lot easier as you're dealing with people, you can rationalise, negotiate properly. We're talking money

There are rarely situations in business where 'no one budges'. In this case especially as we inch closer to this closing transfer window

DDG for another season is worth a lot more than 15-20m. I'd rather keep him and lose him for nothing in a year, than sell him now for a pittance.

I'd hope United staff have a handle on his character and what he wants from all this and when he wants it and be sure he'll do a Ronaldo and really buckle down and get on with his game for the season in that case. If not, he's worth bugger all

The money doesn't really matter to United. It's about reputation at this stage. £20m is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It's about reversing the tide. Money isn't the limiting factor for United at this stage, something people often overlook.

Brinkmanship I reckon.

If Madrid offer somewhere between £25-30m he'll go, which is probably what will happen if De Gea makes a scene. Otherwise it just isn't worth the clubs while being seen to give in.

Why would £5m make a difference in that scenario? If it's a point proving exercise then anything less than the WR fee would be a failure.

You can get the world record fee when he has 3 or 4 years left on his deal. When it comes to final year sometimes each side has to give a bit. No matter how much United 'don't need the money', which is rubbish, there's no point getting zero when you can get 25 or 30m

Execs can sit smugly in their office saying 'we showed them Madrid gits ... they didn't get DDG' when they will get him and you'll get no money. Who really wins? Ooooo DDG for another season, that's worth 25m ... it's not though, is it. Less so if he's not 100% focused or there are questions regarding that

As expected, Real Madrid want de gea for free

Madrid will ultimately get what they want. The whole world are selling clubs for Madrid and Barca. Having 90% of the TV money in Spain is pretty useful. Give United and Chelsea 90% of that English TV deal and watch them snap up Neymar, Aguero, Suarez, etc and build mega teams and buy/sell mega stars every season

Execs can sit smugly in their office saying 'we showed them Madrid gits ... they didn't get DDG' when they will get him and you'll get no money.

Plus, we've been in for their players for the last two summers. Woowar wants to dine at the top table and since Real are always buying, they're also always selling. Can't see it ending well for us long term if we were to try and play hardball which is the other part of why I don't buy this idea.

Keep de gea, force him to sign a 1 year extension (so we don't lose him for free), otherwise don't play him and he will miss out on the euros.

That would reflect really well on you as a club, players would be queuing round the block to join you.

People thinking de gea will be very happy with throwing away a year of his career and the euros?

So he'll just go "Aye, awrite then. You're blackmailing me essentially, but that's cool. Where's my Fergie pen..." then?

No, he'd probably just laugh at them. Because the idea is hilarious.

People thinking de gea will be very happy with throwing away a year of his career and the euros?

That is the nuclear option and very, very rarely happens. Players have the power and clubs don't generally retain a player that really, really wants to leave. This is where negotiation comes in. It's easy to play hardball in early July but the windows inches closer to closing then things change on both sides

The threat of 'being in the reserves and missing the Euros'. Whoop dee doo!

... 6 months is a long time for someone to be in the reserves and shunned ... that's a hell of a lot of disruption and media if that was DDG. It also makes zero business sense. People tend to not conduct business to 'teach people a lesson'. That happened DDG would be off in winter (back in national side!) to save everyone a lot of face in that embarassing scenario and if he wasn't I don't think it would make for a smooth season at the club either, no one wants that.

Also, missing the Euros is a drop in the ocean in his entire career and financial and professional future for him and his family

It's never more than a threat for a variety of reasons. Putting aside the above the is also friends and colleagues at the club that may be affected by not agreeing with being treated in that way. You might think money doesn't matter to United but they fly off to Saudi for a million quid friendly mid-season before and someone dangles a million quid again they'll be off again ... that's a million, not 20m and DDG's wages off the spreadsheet. Money matters. Always.

There are ways of doing business, even in football and having someone go train in the reserves and be ignored works for neither side. It's not like Balotelli who's ****, this is negotiating over a fee, he's done nothing wrong

If United really don't sell then they have to bring him back in and ensure he's happy. They should be sure of that now. He was a bit flakey a few weeks back and not getting your price and DDG not being himself is a worst case scenario in which you really haven't won at all

Ditto Sterling and all the "make him train in the reserves and miss the Euros" ... never happens. No one wins and the clubs lose out the most

Thing is city offered a respectable fee for sterling. Madrid don't want to do that for de gea, they want him for free. United have to stand their ground. If de gea wants to leave he should force a move through and waive his loyalty bonus. That would make things far easier for everyone.

Archived