Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

So does Fellaini play today? Brugge is a Belgian club and all.

I reckon he'll play. Maybe instead of Mata.

I'd like to see...

Romero

Darmian Smalling Blind Shaw (Continuity at the back and all...)

Herrera Bastian

Depay Fellaini Januzaj

Rooney

Absolutely nothing against Mata, I think he could walk into the side any day of the week, but would like to see more of Depay and Januzaj, and the big man isn't suspended for this one, so deserves a chance to start based on his end of season form. I'd love to see Rooney dropped, but let's face it, it's not going to happen.

I'd like to see a sub appearance for Hernandez too, get some minutes under his belt.

This is the team I would go for as well but with Memphis on the left rather than the right. I feel Schneiderlin may play instead of Herrera though.

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I might be missing something but why since November 8?

We were a bit cack before (3 months? :hides: )

It's a good record, though, and shows we're not as fragile defensively as it often felt last season. DDG is part of that ofc, but the team must be doing something right too.

Bit surprised Neville has been commenting on so many matches and stuff recently (plus the above), but maybe it's his way to deal with the grief. Keep himself occupied and work through it.

If only Valencia were selling a very, very good cb and he fancied a move to England.

Just play our very own Valencia at CB in the hope that he can perfect smacking everything off striker's shins in the hope of getting goal kicks.

It's a good record, though, and shows we're not as fragile defensively as it often felt last season. DDG is part of that ofc, but the team must be doing something right too.
the defence is a result of The Philosophy™ while the attack is currently undergoing The Process™ before reaching its final stage of The Philosophy™

As a unit we've been very well defensively organised for some time, just highly prone to individual mistakes.

Carrick & Schneiderlin as a DM pair hasn't worked so far. Will it work tonight? Yay or Nay? Of course the opposition might make the pairing work. :)

Hasn't it? They've controlled the games rather well so far, so they've done the job they're there for (most likely to add more protection from the individual mistakes).

That second goal was positively Nani like

Thought this initially, though on the replay the run had a whiff of Ronaldo about it :D

Looking a bit better going forward tonight, tempo seems higher and the players look closer to Rooney which is getting him involved more, which is creating more mistakes for the likes of young Memphis.

It was identical to every goal Ashley Young has ever scored.

That cross confirms it: rich man's Young. Obviously this is a Good Thing.

Enjoyed that, looked like the making of something at last. Just think we need Herrera in for a midfielder or Januzaj and Mata switched against weaker sides.

Don't think Mata had the best game, but against other defences he'd be more dangerous.

He was anonymous but, to be fair to him, most of our play went out towards the left.

I do worry for him if Pedro does come in though, unless Rooney's form continues to uninspire and Memphis goes up top.

EDIT : and just as I write that it's being reported Chelsea are now favourites to sign Pedro! All for the sake of haggling over 5 million euros.

Shows what a difference having a team attack us and not having Rooney play like a gimp makes. Trebled our shots on target for the season.

Yeah Rooney was much better today, Got a bit more support and was able to link up play a bit when he dropped behind Hernandez. I think he'd be best off as a #10 behind Hernandez but if Rooney can get a couple of goals against Newcastle we'll see.

Don't think Mata had the best game, but against other defences he'd be more dangerous.

I think he needs to be more central. Seems to be staying wider than last season but comes to life when he does drift in. Problem is when he gets the ball to feet out there you know he's going to come in on his left and he doesn't have the pace to put his marker on the back foot most of the time.

Archived