Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a bizarre thing to say.
Dropping our new signing when he needs as many minutes as possible in a new league. Great idea.

He needs his striker making runs. Not only to create that pass, but the space for him too. Someone mentioned how many more crosses Young had than Depay. Well yeah, it's easier to cross when you have Fellaini in there.

I'm not saying sell him or anything drastic like that, just bench him for one game. He's been ****ing awful. Being a new signing should have nothing to do with it. One game on the bench isn't going to prevent him reaching the potential he has, but he doesn't warrant being in the team when he keeps playing so awfully. Give Young a start, seeing as he had one of his best seasons last year (admittedly not saying much).

The point I was clearly making is he has been awful in the PL so far, not sure anyone can actually dispute that, and being a sub for one game could focus him a bit more, but certainly isn't going to prevent him developing on the whole.

The worst thing about Martial is that if he turns out ace, Mendes will be orchestrating a move to Madrid in similar circumstances as DDG.

At this rate, we might make a profit this transfer window.....where was that £150m pot we were planning to spend. ;)

Been busy all day with no access to online/tv.

Come online and stick Sky Sports News on and seems a whole load of stuff is going on.

Evans confirmed to WBA - Said it yesterday or day before, sad to see him go, will be a cult legend for me. Love the guy, but clearly was not in LVG's thoughts so glad to see him get a move to a club where he will, you'd expect, play regularly.

Januzaj loaned to Dortmund - Not sure why the general consensus of this move is bafflement, he has been truly awful for 18 months and I've said numerous times he needs a move to a club where he will play regularly, and deserve to play regularly. Not sure a team of Dortmund's level is the right move, he MUST play regularly and I'm not convinced that will happen at Dortmund. A lower club would probably have made more sense, but let's see.

de Gea expected to move to Real Madrid - It was always coming, never expected to keep him for the season, was just inevitable. Such a huge loss, and really feel we need to replace him as Romero does not look close to being at his level. This will really hurt us.

Lindegaard to move to WBA subject to medical - Not much to say, surplus to requirements.

Hernandez confirmed to Leverkusen - Clearly wasn't rated by LVG. Not good enough to lead the line permanently but a very good option to have in the squad and off the bench. Even more so considering our options.

Wilson to go out on loan, looks like WBA - A little surprised by this given the move of Hernandez. Leaves us with Rooney as our only recognised striker, with Fellaini being used there and possibly signing this Martial fella...

Martial in from Monaco? - Whilst it certainly doesn't mean he isn't good enough for us, I've never heard of him, which is somewhat worrying. Even more so for the reported price, and when you then look at some of the names who have moved clubs and their fees (Pedro as one example).

So, um... everyone's leaving and we're possibly signing one player who a lot of people haven't heard of and doesn't appear to have exactly set Ligue 1 alight. Has to be at least one other name coming in, right, or is that wishful thinking?

Valdes to leave?

Navas in?

Can't say I'm in love with this transfer window atm :D

There's a difference between dropping him because he's not good enough to be in the team (arguable but meh) and dropping him as some kind of negative renforcement as if he's a dog that doesn't know ****ing in the living room is bad unless you rub his nose in it. He's a 21 year old man, I think he knows when he's been playing badly or not.

I'm saying he should be dropped because he's been horrendous. Being a new signing shouldn't necessarily prevent that.

yeah. the weird part is why dortmund where he's not guaranteed games? at least he's in good hands with thomas tuchel i suppose.

Exactly this, unless we've got assurances from Tuchel that he'll get a reasonable amount of game time then that is a terrible loan move. It just really doesn't make any sense given how thin our attacking options are.

Well what you actually said was "needs a game on the bench otherwise he'll begin to think that what he's producing is more than acceptable."

Which is completely ********.

Fair enough, if you're going to take it entirely literally, but the point I'm making now is that he has been awful and not deserving of keeping his place for the next game.

So we knew Chicha was leaving but still had to put him on the bench with no intention of playing him, because there was no one else... :D

Indeed.

I am going to sit by my phone tomorrow waiting on the call from Van Gaal, I mean they will need somebody/anybody to sit on the bench.

Sky saying de Gea is done for £29m and Navas joins us, sounding like Navas isn't part of the £29m. Great deal if accurate, but it is coming from Balague, so...

By great deal I mean the £29m. Replacing him with Navas less so.

Navas, Romero - GK

Darmian, Valencia - RB

Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Blind - CB

Shaw, McNair - LB

Schweini, Morgan S, Carrick - CM

Herrera, Fellaini, Pereira - AM

Mata, Lingard - RW

Depay, Young - LW

Rooney, Martial - CF

Simplistic breakdown of our squad :o

Navas, Romero - GK

Darmian, Valencia - RB

Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Blind - CB

Shaw, McNair - LB

Schweini, Morgan S, Carrick - CM

Herrera, Fellaini, Pereira - AM

Mata, Lingard - RW

Depay, Young - LW

Rooney, Martial - CF

Simplistic breakdown of our squad :o

Jesus. Midfield aside that screams mid table mediocrity. £240 million worth of mediocrity.

€40million for De Gea. €25million plus Navas. Can't believe Navas is being valued at €15million. Real are laughing.

well they paid €10m for navas themselves. now the best goalkeeper in spain. i can't see a problem with that valuation tbh.

well they paid €10m for navas themselves. now the best goalkeeper in spain. i can't see a problem with that valuation tbh.

Are you joking? He's added €5million to his value by playing 13 games in the course of a season? Don't see it myself. We've been bent over and taken again and again. Real win. Like they always do.

Archived