Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

£140m!? like ****. If you're willing to pay that for Neymar, you might as well stick another 60 on it and give Barca something to think about with Messi.

Hell, I'm pretty sure that money would definitely get Bale and probably get you Ronaldo back.

What a farce this club has become :lol:

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What does a buyout clause do then? If you match it the club still doesn't have to sell?

EDIT: Is it the player that has to pay the buyout clause, not the buying club?

Spanish buyout clauses only apply to other Spanish teams.

Though, obviously, often times Spanish clubs will sell to foreign clubs if the buyout is matched anyway. But they don't have to.

Spanish buyout clauses only apply to other Spanish teams.

Though, obviously, often times Spanish clubs will sell to foreign clubs if the buyout is matched anyway. But they don't have to.

Pretty sure the buyout clauses don't even apply for Spanish teams like they are applied in FM.

For foreign teams, they might as well not exist. The player has to pay the clause, which means the team would give the player the money with a whole hell of a lot on top to cover taxes on the payment.

The clause is most often a sign of how high the club values a player, pretty sure there were reports of Ronaldo demanding a higher clause than Messi had to show he was the most valuable player in the world :D

So again, the buyout clause means absolutely nothing when it comes to us wanting a player.

What does a buyout clause do then? If you match it the club still doesn't have to sell?

EDIT: Is it the player that has to pay the buyout clause, not the buying club?

Not sure if its world wide but with Spanish players, they are the ones that effectively have to pay the buyout clause with heavy tax added on top.

it's like this:

technically spanish clubs have to accept if the buyout is met, though wording in contracts can differ. between two spanish clubs it's normally a very straightforward process. between spanish and foreign clubs the selling club technically has to accept the offer, but they don't have to sell for that amount if they want to be difficult or are reluctant to let the player go (see: almost all athletic bilbao deals). then if the player insists on leaving still, he can buy out his own contract, depositing the money himself with the spanish authorities. that's where an extremely complex tax situation arises, and the amount of tax that needs paying varies and involves all kinds of assessments from accountants and lawyers. so ultimately it can cost the foreign club a fair bit more than the stated buyout fee once all that's been sorted out. however if you've got really good lawyers, like bayern munich have, you can find ways of getting around it as i believe they did regarding javi martinez. it's a long, drawn-out, messy process though, so that's where good relations are important (see: chelsea and atletico's relationship making it easier for all involved).

in pedro's case:

his buyout clause was met, but that's not really the important part ultimately. his clause was reduced to €30m on agreement between pedro and barcelona after pedro said he wanted to leave to get regular football. luis enrique allowed it, barcelona were happy with it. chelsea paid €27m + €3m variables with no tax implications necessary.

£140m!? like ****. If you're willing to pay that for Neymar, you might as well stick another 60 on it and give Barca something to think about with Messi.

On a tangent slightly, but do you think Barcelona would be tempted to accept a £200m bid for Messi?

I guess much would depend on his willingness (or not) to leave, but surely he is the closest thing to a priceless player, even if an unbelievable amount like £200m+ was offered.

On a tangent slightly, but do you think Barcelona would be tempted to accept a £200m bid for Messi?

I guess much would depend on his willingness (or not) to leave, but surely he is the closest thing to a priceless player, even if an unbelievable amount like £200m+ was offered.

Quite frankly they'd be stupid to sell at any price unless they are going bankrupt.

Haven't a clue, but a suitcase with £200m in it in front of the money men will definitely make them think.

Money doesn't seem to be an issue for Utd, might as well up it to £300m. Go crazy.

Conversation in work today:

Me: Seen this stuff about United going for Neymar?

Chelsea fan: Aye, he'd be sh!te for youse anyway. F.....g diving pussy.

He started taking about Chopper Harris then. I do like my job.

It's all well and good Ed saying we have bigger targets, but like Ham said, we'll just be going after targets that are never going to come here. Ed still thinks he can get these world beaters when really all they want is a new contract.

Not sure that's entirely true. The whole Ramos thing wasn't just him chasing a new contract, for example.

To be honest I'm fairly happy with our summer dealings. At the end of last season we were all crying out for midfield reinforcements, a new RB and a goalscoring winger. We've got all of those and not paid over the odds either. The only other thing was a CB but given the form of Smalling and Blind so far it's not so much of a priority anymore.

As for a striker, the early form of Rooney is worrying but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it's just taking him longer to get going as he gets older. There's no one really available who would dramatically improve us either - in an ideal world we would have bought Lewandowski years ago. I do wonder how open Dortmund would be to selling Aubameyang though, he's been in pretty unreal goalscoring form since the back end of last season.

You have AIM and Yahoo messenger links - Pot, kettle and black?

Hey, if the two people I talk to Yahoo and the one group I talk to on AIM were willing to move conversation elsewhere, I would happily do so!!!

Apparently lvg has confirmed that fellaini will be used as a forward this season... I am hoping that is just as the go to option for the last 20 mins if we can't break teams down rather than starting him there regularly.

Archived