Scouts with knowledge of the most countries

Seeing as my game has 330,000 players quite a few are produced in New Zealand, Jamaica and the Faroes. Especially as their leagues are running. :)

Since someone bumped this thread,I said in my last reply that you need scouting knowledge of the countries you've selected so it applies to you as well although I don't know how someone could stand the game processing so slowly.

To OP: Send out your scouts to gain knowledge yourself instead of - or in addition to - signing scouts with widespread knowledge. Simple. And it's not so much to do with the number of nations they have good knowledge of, but more if they are the right countries. Having a good knowledge of a country with no active league that's not producing many exciting newgens won't do you much good.

If you manage a big European club that's likely to get players from anywhere in the world, concentrate on:

Germany, Spain, France, Italy, England, Netherlands, Belgium and Portugal. Brazil, Argentina and Colombia. Russia. Turkey. Mexico and USA. Egypt and Algeria. Nigeria and Ivory Coast. Get a scout from each of the big (in football) Central European countries (Germany, Spain, Italy, France); they will always have a high knowledge of their own country. Get them to gain knowledge of Netherlands, Belgium and Portugal. After they have, send them to roam Central Europe - what happens then is that they will continually seek to maintain good knowledge of the countries they already know well, but after that (when they have spare time) they will go to one of the "smaller" countries not already mentioned. They will thus gradually build up a vast knowledge of their region. Do the same for regions UK & Ireland, East Europe, South Europe, North America, South America, North Africa and West Africa, as well as a scout roaming Scandinavia. The far east Asia and other regions are better covered by getting feeder clubs there.

The point is: get a scout that's from one of the key nations in each of the regions you want to scout. Get them to gain knowledge of other key nations in their region. After that, set them to roam their region. If you can't get a decent scout from a key nation, get one that's from the region. If that's not possible either, get any good scout and turn him into a "region expert" of your choice. One scout should be saved to scout next opposition, at least 1 (your best scout(s)) should be kept free to scout specific players. Any spare scouts should be sent to scout specific competitions, particularly international youth competitions.

You then have a pretty good scouting setup. Will there be knowledge "black holes" in it? Yes - but not anywhere that really matters.

Archived