Ageing Stars : Who has been your best 34+ year old player?

RVP scored 33 in 35 games for me in his last season before retirement.He was 35 then.David de Gea retired when he was 39 and his last season he kept 21 clean sheets and won the Golden Glove award.Adnan Januzaj scored 25 and set up 10 in 30 appearances in his last season,he was also 35.All of these are from the same save.

I'm currently in 2022 and Ronaldo is still doing the business for RM.

I'm plays as Barca and Suarez had his best ever season at 34 strangely - cashed in and sold him for £11M once the season ended as his physicals had dipped more than normal over the summer

Huddersfield in our second EPL season in 2029. I signed a 34 (ish) year old Hungarian DM called Laszlo Pinter who had never played outside of Hungary. He had some fairly recent international caps (all since age 32) and I was going for a moneybag approach to survival. In 10 seasons he was steady at about 7.8 and I decided at $60k he was worth a punt as a backup.

He's been really decent. Solid and unspectacular but does a job when needed. My 21 year old defensive midfielder who is a normal first choice hasn't been notably better than him at all.

I like the idea that I've given him a final shot at the big time.

On an older version of FM (2010 or 11), I had Yaya Sanago score 30+ goals for me at age 36 and was a good backup player until 39. Kept him in the team until 41 just so I could break some records and he still scored 8 in his final season. :D

I signed him on a free when he was 34 after he was released from Arsenal after scoring 20 goals.

Ronaldo is a 3 star player at 38, playing for Man City and he is amazing, scored two 30+ meter goals against me. He keeps getting injured though, but he gets player of the match when he plays. I dunno why Messi and Ronaldo has "magic" aging, nothing beat them for aging well.

The key to the older players is to have them switch club, so motivation get reset to optimal.

I should prolly have bought him, he was less than 3m Euro, but I wonder what he wants in pay.

Edit: 400K Euro, not sure he is worth that.

I have had some real gems, but it has to be Jan Koller:

He was about 34-35 (I think FM06), built a team around his almost timeless stats of heading and strength. See screenshot, 28 league goals in an ever present 38 game top flight campaign. Monster - see screenshot

2lar2x5.jpg[/img]

I also managed to get Bergkamp to return to Ajax once. It must have been FM2005. Played him AMC and he made over 1,000 successful passes in one game. 1,000! I wish I had the screenshot to prove it.

Archived