Best role for a creative AMC with elite defensive skills?

Lots of good suggestions, thanks.

I'm currently trying some different roles him, still at AMC for now. I'm hesitant to train him for a new position because he just turned 25 and usually don't train for a new position at that age when the player is already well-suited for his natural position.

For the time being I've used him mostly as a shadow striker, which seems the most pressing position by default. He's also banging in goals and assists so that's all good.

I thought maybe I could use him like a defensive forward, but more attacking and lying deeper. I set him to close down more or much more and tackle harder, but that was just too aggressive. He'd have some great games due to offence mixed with some really awful rating games, like 5.8 awful. The analysis showed the problems were due to mistakes, mainly missed interceptions on the defensive side of the field. He was just running all over the field, often out of position. I was asking too much of him.

I'm only 7 games into to the season, so I'll keep experimenting with the AMC roles before deciding to move him out of there. In any event, I'll descibe here what I finally end up doing with him. Thanks again.

You shouldn't worry too much about retraining older players to other positions. I've successfully retrained 30-somethings to new positions...

The only attribute that takes a hit when you play a player out of position is Decisions. You can play players when they are Ineffectual in a position and they can still play well if their attributes suit it.

You shouldn't worry too much about retraining older players to other positions. I've successfully retrained 30-somethings to new positions...

The only attribute that takes a hit when you play a player out of position is Decisions. You can play players when they are Ineffectual in a position and they can still play well if their attributes suit it.

This is important to remember.

In my Iceland save I regularly play an AMC at Regista with no familiarity at all (red), and he's always among my best performers.

My tactic also uses wide mids instead of amr/l, and I play wingers and strikers with no familiarity there as well.

This is important to remember.

In my Iceland save I regularly play an AMC at Regista with no familiarity at all (red), and he's always among my best performers.

My tactic also uses wide mids instead of amr/l, and I play wingers and strikers with no familiarity there as well.

I did exactly the same with a creative AMC in a save I had. Actually ended up with a playmaker/tertiary goal threat coming from very deep. He was virtually un-markable.

Not physical enough to be a box-to-box guy. To me you've got yourself a perfect Regista.

Agree. I have a similar player who I only really noticed when my DM got injured. My player was actually the second choice AMC but is now playing brilliantly as a regista.

Archived