A Question About Team Meeting

My player Nicolas Otamendi asked for a new contract after he played a good match which he scored a goal too. But he is the 2nd top earner in the team and his contact ending 4 years after. Thats why I rejected his request. After that my squad been unhappy with treatment of Nicolas Otamendi. So I arranged a team meeting with the squad:

Squad_%20%20Team%20Meeting-5_zpsutoq9rlr.png

I explained them why I rejected his request. After that Diego Alves said "That's fair enough, I can see it from your point of view now, sorry for questioning you boss." and most of players agreed with him. But Sofiane Feghouli said "How on earth is it unreasonable? He couldn't have performed much better in order to earn a new deal." and only one player agreed with him. So, my question is, how can I know that which one I'm answering in next step?

Squad_%20%20Team%20Meeting-4_zpssbkssngd.png

If I'm answering Diego Alves I should select the 1st option. If I'm answering Sofiane Feghouli I should select one of other options.

Another example:

Squad_%20%20Team%20Meeting_zpswyz2s0ir.png

I understand, ty for the answer.

But I have to ask this too; in other team meetings (meetings about teams performance or pre season meetings I mean) we have 3 options at the end:

1- That's the reaction I was looking for

2- I guess I misjudged the situation

3- I'm disappointed by that reaction

Lets say we are talking about what we can achive this season and I said we can win the league. Half of the team reacts good and likes my ambition, but the other half reacts bad and they think its not a realistic target. So which one I should select now?

I don't think there's any hard and fast rules, but if you find yourself not being able to say anything in the team meeting without getting mixed results, then you should probably look at the composition of personalities in your squad.

So I should follow general reaction of the players always, not individual answers. Ty HUNT3R.

As AllUrBase said, I don't think there are rules to it. Have a look at the context. What you are demanding, what your players are saying and your possible answers.

I've had a situation where I told the team we can qualify for the CL. 22 agreed and 6 disagreed and said I'm too ambitious. Instead of saying I'm pleased with the reaction, I picked "I disagree. I think we can qualify if we work hard" or something to that effect. That swung another 3 to agree with me. Then I answered with That's the reaction I'm looking for.

Archived