Possible Software Aid Available for Making Logos

manyBuddhas

Disclaimers: I haven't tried this yet but I thought I would put it out there for those who are more savvy about graphics than myself.

There is already a description here for using Photoshop to make the logo types from an existing image:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158017-Guide-How-to-Create-Standard-FM2010-Logos

Getting to that image though requires you to find or create it. I am creating a fantasy league for North America and will need lots of logos for teams that don't exist yet.

I also play Out of the Park Baseball, and noticed on their forum a utility for creating quick logos based on simple images. This may bridge the gap from simple image to decent logo.

There doesn't seem to be any reason why the utility wouldn't work for Football Manager, but after I try a few, I'll let you know. The utility is at:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ootp-mods-logos-graphics-html/246081-ootp-logo-creator-color-code-filename-builder.html

It's free and has no commercial interests attached.

It does work and is quick. The advantage of the utility, called Pickoff, is that the logo is built entirely by clicking and typing. No graphics skills needed. You can create a team logo in a few minutes.

You would need to know basics about transparency and graphics formats, however.

The utility is for people:

* who want to modify an existing logo.

* who want to create from scratch quite a few logos at once.

* who already know or will learn how to add custom images to FM.

It's probably not for people:

* who already have serious graphics skills and have been working in this area for awhile.

Here are a logo for a fictional team called the Houston Colt '45s (the name is from an extinct baseball team) and a couple of page sections.

logos_home.jpg

logos_player.jpg

The Pickoff program embeds the hex color information in the file name. You can use this information in the FM Editor to quickly modify team colors elsewhere, such as with jerseys. Here I just quickly changed the home jersey to the burnt orange. The away jersey is unchanged from the default.

logos_jersey.jpg

If there were sufficient interest, I could put together a tutorial.

Archived