Thread for Italian Football 15/16

I quite like Sturaro. You were missing Vidal more than anything though.

2-1 now, game is still on.

In my opinion, we should have started with four defenders and Pereyra behind the strikers. He's very underrated. He's actually a very good attacking midfielder, especially with Mandžukić still not understanding anything.

Great save!

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my opinion, we should have started with four defenders and Pereyra behind the strikers. He's very underrated. He's actually a very good attacking midfielder, especially with Mandžukić still not understanding anything.

Great save!

Pereyra is hugely underrated. I feel like he's very versatile and can do a job across the midfield.

imo you'll win your next three league games though. Chievo, @ Genoa, Frosinone. Away to Genoa is never easy but you'll pick it up.

Now to see how Napoli do against Samp.

Chievo are no pushovers tbh. Agreed on Pereyra. He looked very good and done excellent for the goal. Was saying it at the start of the season but there is no better time for new champions. I think this will be the season. Think they have a better squad and probably better team than Juve but it is the fighting spirit that makes Juve so consistent.

Napoli, so typical. Such a disappointment. That game could have been closed out so easily. I'm starting to think it's not just the coach or the players, the club just has a weak mentality engrained in it. Something has to change, because this is just so disappointing.

Lazio, I don't know how to explain that one. Have to watch the highlights. And I thought Fiorentina would get a point against Torino at bare minimum, guess I was wrong there as well.

Very interesting weekend in Italy.

Didn't take Szczesny long to be the best keeper in Italy.

Seriously?

Buffon, Handanović and Diego López are comfortably better than him. I'd most certainly say even at current level, Mattia Perin is better than him. Arsenal fan talking as well.

• 2 weeks later...
What happened to the GRIT!! Seems to have gone with Vidal.

It's coming back:

http://football-italia.net/72897/hernanes-juve-not-determined

We lacked the determination to take the lead, so from Tuesday we must immediately try to pour that grit into the game with Manchester City.

“As we get older and more experienced, players learn that quality isn’t enough. You have to marry it with determination, grit and effort to get the ball first.”

Hernanes. :cool:

Still not impressed..... We need more creativity at the midfield.

I think there was more creativity with Pereyra and Hernanes in midfield.

Last season, we had Marchisio, Vidal, and Pogba alongside Pirlo. All three run from box to box. Now that we have Hernanes who provides more creativity, the other midfielders need to work harder to get the ball back.

I'm still optimistic. This is just a period of time when everyone needs to gel and know where others are without looking.

Not having a striker who can regularly score will haunt us throughout the season. This is like us under Conte, but without midfielders who can bail us out.

I'm still optimistic, though. Like tonight, we can still create chances. We're not good, but consistently not good. We don't win one tough game, but drop points in a should-be-easy one.

Inter still look good.

2-1.

We lacked organization whenever we attacked.

But tonight was particularly not Hernanes's day.

I think Allegri also made a mistake in his substitutions. He should have kept Dybala and taken Zaza off. Morata could have played in the middle with Cuadrado on his right. The time was wasted when Cuadrado was given a free role.

Ah well, still 10-13 points from Inter. Not far.

• 3 weeks later...

Juventus 11 points behind Roma. Still early but Juve might need to focus on getting UCL. Said it before season started that I think Roma will win the league this season. Got a lot of quality depth too. Well played to Sassuolo though. Really unpredictable side. Know how to surprise the big teams :thup:

Archived