Need new full backs!!!! 2nd season

jamiegolf

just about to start second season on 8.0.0 with newcastle. got about 20mil to spend and need two new full backs, one for each side. rafinha and marcelo wont join me!!!!! :(

any recommendations please....bale is going to cost me 35mil so thats a no go!!!

cheers for your help in advance

Please use the Newcastle United Thread.

The official threads, (all of which can be found in the FM08 Links Thread), are there for a reason, not only because, (in the case of the team threads), people posting in them are usually currently playing with that team, but also because it stops the forum getting clogged up by new and, (no offence), pointless threads like this.

Yeah mate use the club thread. But to answer your question, Manuel Pasqual played awesome for me at LB with Newcastle. For RB Ryan Taylor is quite good, and English. If not him then maybe try Clerc from Lyon, truly awesome player, but it depend on where you finished etc...as to whether he will join.

Yep, use the Newcastle thread.

Try Baines for LB. He's class, English and not too expensive. Vidal, like said, is also good.

I have to admit, I actually laughed when I saw your OP. Marcelo and Rafinha are perhaps to two worst full backs rated highly on these forums, because they are both rubbish defensively. Both are much more suited to the wing.

cor guys this is brill, really appreciate the help...you have been a great help! and i really do apologise for posting this thread here, no offence meant etc...am still learning the do's and dont's of this place! thanks again guys.

noone has mentioned ratinho...no good?!?!

just about to start second season on 8.0.0 with newcastle. got about 20mil to spend and need two new full backs, one for each side. rafinha and marcelo wont join me!!!!! :(

any recommendations please....bale is going to cost me 35mil so thats a no go!!!

cheers for your help in advance

Thank God TomTuck is here to tell people what to do

I'm sure SI would crumble if not for his presence

LB: Taiwo is a safe bet (mostly 8s for me, never ever below 7) and should definitely be below your budget. Chiellini is one of the best but not sure about cost. Armand Traoré will become great when he's around 23. Arturo Vidal is very good but better as CB.

RB: Alves / Ramos are the high end if you can afford or Chretien or Micah Richards

Ilsinho is one of my favorites. He's a fantastic right winger but a very solid backup for many positions, incl. RB.

Archived