Is it possible to add player attributes to news screen.

morphey

Hi all,

wasn't sure how to describe this part but i find i normally have a lot of newgens on my short list and when clubs go to buy or loan them i would like to see their attributes without having to click on the player name this will allow me to make an instant decision whether to buy them or not (call me lazy if you must :) )

I know its possible for training updates in the news section. Normally i find things i wanna do only to find out they are hard coded. can this be done? I have a picture of the screen i would like to add it to.

if this is possible i have looked for the panel but i can not work out which one it is. a little help would be great.

5u4v7o.jpg

I've had a quick look and it doesn't look like it's possible - we actually have access to the code which is a nice surprise, however for the data to be generated it looks like each type of news item needs it's own id - I can get the attribute table to show on for example the injury report news item however it won't actually fill in any of the players attribute values.

If you want to have a mess around yourself the inbox items are controlled by the files located in the panels\news_item_panels\ folder, there is a different file for nearly all the different types of news items you can get though for some it's a bit of a pain to work out what item it corresponds to, best thing to do is to locate a news item that already has a attribute table in it and transplant the code over to the news item you want it to display on, then it's a case of messing around with the ids in the hopes that one will work. (I took the attribute table from the 'inbox content with player overview panel' xml file, you can start with that or see if a different one works).

Archived