No free u18s strikers??

Looked up and can't seem to find this on the forums.

I have only just started to play fm15. I still have some saves from fm10 fm12 fm14 and am really into those and just never bothered with fm15

But few months ago I decided to download all the lower leagues and pics and graphics etc and am finally playing it.

Now I love to be a low team and build a big youth team and play games between the reserves and u18s and v other teams etc. But when I searched for free u18 players i found 500 ish 17 and under un attached. Only 8 were strikers.

I use fm scout to get these stats just to see what is out there and found this. Anyone know why this is? And as I'm only a small team Canvey Island in isthmian premier and also Managing Ilford in the Essex senior League to have 2 diff challenges and then might give one up.

Anyway is this a known bug or problem in FM 15?

assumptions:

age at most: 18

club: (left blank, checked one player, wasn't contracted to a club)

based in: England

on the .3 database

assumed 15 for position as minimum, as that means it at least accomplished in the position (will appear on profile)

ST: 105

MR: 45

ML: 39

MC: 120

DR: 59

DL: 49

DC: 83

GK: 64

note:

players that can play in multiple positions are counted twice (so a DR/DL is both)

most of the players were already 18 (didn't take specific numbers)

The database will still only have full research down to level 6 with additional cover for some level 7 & 8 clubs, there will be very little time spent on researching or holding data on players below those levels & in all probability no time being given to researching free agents for the non-league football.

This is the issue with using a custom league file that goes so far below the default options, the player database is not created to work with such a deep pyramid structure.

I don't really see any major anomalies with the numbers I posted above

but as Barside said, you've got those same free-agent players now being spread over an additional 18 tiers, which is why there's a shortage of players (and the greys really help in this case)

and I'd also strongly doubt whether the creator of that DB actually fleshed out the teams, so probably just left them blank (load all key players is a good option here)

it's also worth noting that those free-agents listed above have no reputation stat, so it's possible that they've got no listed attributes anyway (other than their position)

Archived