Is FM2015 too easy?

This has been probably asked tonnes of times but I am curious.

This is by no means a bragging post, that's just not in my nature.

I have a friend who is playing in the EPL with Tottenham and he has never won the league, but he has one an FA Cup and a couple of League Cups. The highest he has finished is in the top 4 a couple of times. Usually he finishes around 5th or so and even one time he finished mid-table and nearly got sacked.

I on the other hand have won 8 leagues in a row in Serie A and the Champions League 5 times, and have won the TIM Cup 7 times and won every single Super Cup, both domestically and in Europe. I also won a World Cup with Brazil. All this in 8 seasons and I am starting to get a little bored...

Initially I thought it was because of the teams or leagues I managed, but then I took on the job of Peru and I was nearly about to qualify for the World Cup when suddenly the England job became available and I decided to take that role as it's a job I really wanted. Also in my game Serie A is one of the best leagues with teams littered with talent, so it's not as though my league is bad. I also have thrashed sides like Barcelona 9-0... :o Now I know people will say "just play lower divisions, that's a hard challenge", but that's not the point. Even with a lower league team, I will more than likely eventually get promoted and dominate - it will just take time.

I play 4-2-3-1 with possession football and I find that playing with a team full of quick players, with good dribbling and passing is enough to demolish teams. I have made a tactic mod, and I noticed most of the tactics that people say are good, are indeed 4-2-3-1. So is this a tactic exploit that I have done by accident?

There have been threads where people stating the game is too hard for them and I have asked some others who say it's the most realistic version yet!

I am just a little confused and concerned and I would just like some opinions. If there is a huge thread already about this that I missed, then please link it, but I didn't want to revive an old thread and break any rules.

Cheers,

Tony.

Well, I created my tactic from scratch and it took about 3 hrs and its been successful....i know I could make a different tactic to test, but if I begin testing on my own game, I will do what I did with a previous FM and that is play a game 300 times to test out the mechanics. I once played West Ham vs Everton literally 300 times, and I found that I lost no matter what because of 1 bad team talk prior to the game. It ruined my enjoyment of the save game.

Thanks for the link - I shall read it. I guess you can close this one!

Cheers,

Tony

Wow. That thread people mention 4-2-3-1 narrow is basically an exploit.....I don't play direct as mentioned, I play a passing game - but it does make me feel sad that all my good work could be because my hard thought tactic is an exploit. What is odd though, is that a lot of the AI clubs play 4-2-3-1 and they don't dominate and some have better players than me.

This actually makes me quite upset, as I didn't read any tactic threads - I just made a tactic how I wanted my team to play - and basically a tactic that my assistant manager suggested. I may now move clubs and use a 4-4-2 or something.

I wish I didn't ask the question now. :(

@ Hunt3r - Mine IS 4-2-3-1 Narrow, but he mentioned a direct tactic, mine is more possession based.

@ Ackter - Well if it's not an exploit then that does make me feel better. I usually found 4-2-3-1 one of the hardest tactics to get working, I have always played 4-3-3...I actually was quite good at FM Live back in the day using the 4-3-3 tactic when everyone else had corner kick exploits with a 4-6-0 tactic. It made me proud to be ranked 6th on my server out of about 1000 people without cheating! Cheating players was the reason why I quit FM LIVE as well. :( So that's why I have always avoided exploitative tactics, and I was worried my tactic was some how bugging the game out.

I am no tactic genius, but on this career save I really make sure I scout properly, and I always work hard to exploit the oppositions weakness. So I will put stronger players if they are not very brave or I will put my fastest players on the wing where they have their slowest players. I also never play people below 90% match fitness or condition and I make sure I always talk to my players to boost morale before EVERY game. I used to just play on key highlights, but these days I watch most of the match and I will make loads of tactical tweaks.

The thing I make sure is always working is dressing room atmosphere - in older games I used to always have issues keeping players happy, now days I make sure I only sign level headed or professional players.

I have a lot of time on my hands so I guess being meticulous in my methods have paid off with trophies. It is odd for me still, as the last time I won a trophy prior to FM15 was back in FM05, which was the Australian A-League :lol:

The FMLers weren't cheating either tbh - it's just most people didn't have enough tactical understanding to counter those tactics. Just like the 4-1(DM)-2(MCs)-3(STs) was hugely popular at one point because no-one* could work out how to counter it.

*well, practically no-one ;) I used to get accused of cheating because I was able to beat the "cheat" tactics :D

Haha Ackter!

There WERE cheaters there. Most of the top guys uses to use corner exploits, I remember central defenders scoring over 100 goals in a 38 game season and what not. :lol:

I also remember the 4-6-0 tactic, made famous by Roma manager Spaletti, the false nine which was Francesco Totti at the time. SI decided to add this tactic to the game at one point as a default tactic, but I remember that it was almost impossible to beat these guys who had rich clubs, corner kick exploits and this 4-6-0 tactic. I remember there were servers where people were agreeing not to use it. I was going to transfer to those servers, but I didn't want to lose my team and I certainly didn't want to pay for a new code - so I quit playing altogether - and the rest is history. The game died, but to be honest it was a fantastic experience even though it used to frustrate me. I hope one day they decide to bring it back because it was one of my favorite all time online games.

I agree however that most of the cheaters were good players in their own right, as they were smart enough to find the flaws, including you.*

*I will take your word for it. :lol:

:D

Anyway we are going way off topic!

TOPIC CLOSED! :lol:

Archived