Transfermarket

Hi

I am getting very frustrated about the lack of transfer activity in FM15.

Started an Academy Challenge with Welling and are in my 18th season in the Championship.

My problem is that i cant sell any players. No matter how good a player have been in my team, and even though they have low salaries and are quite young, nobody wants to even make them offer, no matter if i offer them for free or for a small fee.

I tried add the Russian, Turkish and Ukranian league as suggested in other threads - nothing is working. Not even my most talented youngsters that have PL potentiale is getting any offers.

My league set-up

England

Premier League

Champinship

League 1

League 2

Conference National

Conference south/north

France

League 1

Italy

Seria A

Serie B

Serie C

Russia

Football Championship

National League

Spain

Liga BBVA

Liga Adelante

Spanish 2. division

Turkey

Toto League

Germany

Bundesliga

Ukraine

Vyshlia Liga

Ukraine league 1

Total players in database 32.000

During 17,5 season i managed to sell a total of 4 players!!!

As i have managed to get excellent youth facilities and have had youth Category 2 for several seasons, there is lots of talent at my club, but no matter what i do it seems impossible to sell players and make a profit.

Anyone having suggestions for different league set-up? It starts to get quite frustrating to keep playing when you cant make any profit in the transfer market.

As you're in the Football League Championship the only real selling markets are England & the Scottish Premiership. Unless they have a connection to a particular nation having a foreign club come in for a lower rep player outside of the English top flight will be quite rare.

As for your limited sale numbers that's impossible to answer without seeing your save, for all we know you could be rejecting plenty of offers for first team players because you only want to sell player who you do not want to keep.

So i schould add all the british leagues?

But how do you make the most dynamic transfermarket in FM? Add all the European leagues incl. the MLS, China, Australia, Brazil, Argentina or is it better to stick with few leagues? Exampel just the British?

The more leagues the better, if you have limited time or system resources then select nations that have known transfer links. These can be seen as part of the nation data in the editor, look for transfer preferences.

Just a thought but are you scaring of potential buyers by setting players with a high asking price?

Also how do you approach media questions about potential interest in your players?

When agreeing contracts do you include reasonable min fee clauses such has high division or contention competition clubs?

Basically what are you doing to make your players more appealing to clubs with money?

When selling players that are no longer good enough for my team, i either offer them for 1/3 of the asking price and if that doesnt work(which is always) i offer them for free - but no one wants them even for free. This season i made some testing - i tried to offer my last years player of the year - a winger, that made 9 goals and 9 assists in the Championship. Even i offered him for free - nobody wanted to have him. I find it quite strange and unrealistic as the player would be excellent player for many teams.

Media depends. I eiether use yes we are interested in selling or if we receive the right offer we will sell.

Contracts is different - i normally dont adjust what the agents wants to put in it - if i look at Barry Weaver - my best winger in league 1, he have a 6 million clause - his value topped at appx. 4 million - but i offered him away for free as i wanted to get rid of his wages (he gets 26.000 pr. week), but nobody wanted even to negotiate with him.

I play them regularly - have a 19 year old central defender which have player ind the English U19 and U21 side - his current value is 9,25 million - but his minimum realease is set top 82,5 million by his agent. But i suppose he would get an offer anyway as he is an excellent player.

What more can be done?

As my stadium is still only 5000 seater and my best players start to ask for 50.000 pr. week (wage budget 500.000), i will send end up in economical problems if i dont get any transfer income and need let all players leave club on free transfer on contract termination.

Players on high wages that their skills do not match are very difficult to get rid of. Most clubs who ARE at their level will only be able to offer them significantly lower wages, and of course the player won't accept that unless he's desperate to play. See Winston Bogarde, José Enrique and the like for real life examples.

I understand all the explanations - but why wont anyone buy a 18 or 19 year talented player which already play as a starter in Championship with PL potentiale, that only so far have a wage around 15.000. For me it doesnt seem to work properly. It is 18 seasons i have played and managed to sell 4 players. Most of my players get 2000-4000 as they just signed first professional contract.

Make a list of the clubs that you think can afford him. Then for each of these clubs, think about whether your player is needed in their existing squad. Then - could they find someone better?

I think you can probably exclude foreign clubs - it's rare that foreign clubs buy from the English Championship in real life.

You'll start to see that the possible places for that player to go is small.

If you post a link to your save, someone from SI can actually go in and tell you what clubs are interested or why there's been no bids.

I added lot of leagues and player database is now appx. 110.000 from 32.000 before.

I got 3 bids, sold a 16 year old to Chelsea, sold Barry Weaver to a League 1 club and my top goalscorer couldnt agree terms with the club that wanted him.

http://www.megafileupload.com/9iwY/Barry_Weaver__Historie_Karrierestatistik.png

http://www.megafileupload.com/9iwZ/Barry_Weaver__Oversigt_Profil.png

http://www.megafileupload.com/9ix0/Jamie_Bennett__Historie_Karrierestatistik.png

http://www.megafileupload.com/9ix1/Jamie_Bennett__Oversigt_Profil.png

http://www.megafileupload.com/56o0/Ken_Weaver__Historie_Karrierestatistik.png

http://www.megafileupload.com/56o1/Ken_Weaver__Oversigt_Profil.png

So maybe it has improved - but i still dont find any of the 3 above players overpaid - i think most of League 1 teams could use any of these players and i offered them out for either free or almost free - dont remember exact for each one of them.

Anyway i will try play with the bigger database and hope transfermarket will be more dynamic or maybe i just have to high expectations of what is to be expected of transfer activity.

My savegame is here if anybody can get anything out of it http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/academychallenge

Thanks for advice everyone.

I wish more people would upload saves, makes it so much easier to see whats going on.

I think we would all like more transfer activity and for it to be harder to keep good players, will we see it in FM16? we'll have to wait & see.

I think the first comment I would make is about understanding the market. Clubs won't make bids or even show interest if they don't think they have a reasonably chance of signing the player. A lot of users mistake this for no interest when in reality several AI clubs could have scouted the player but recognise it would be difficult to make the transfer happen so are never shown as having interest. I would also add that if team don't think they have a chance of signing a player it doesn't matter what you you offer him out at as the price is irrelevant.

Having a quick look at your save I've noticed the following:

From your earlier posts I had expected to see a number of good players for the level you are at but in truth there isn't that many. If you take the likes of Rowland, Huntly & Varney as examples they are what I would deem to be squad players. They are 2.5* CA and whilst not regular starters they can expect to play a fair amount of games. The problem though is by the staff report that they are League 2 level players atm which is two levels below the league you are in. Clubs that would be interested in them are League 2 and possibly some League 1 clubs but the problem there is they don't think the players will drop down the leagues to play for them especially when they are playing regularly for a club in a higher division.

In terms of bigger clubs being interested in them and buying for the future it possibly doesn't happen often enough and its probably an area which FM could improve in but again by the staff reports it says those three have the potential to be a "Good Championship Players". You have to consider where their target market is, a Premiership club won't be interested and probably neither will a top Championship club so you are then looking at established Championship clubs finishing around mid-table. That cuts it down to maybe around 10 clubs in the Championship that could show interest, do they need these sort of players? are they better than the young players they have? can they afford them? and most importantly they probably don't think they stand a chance of signing them because you are giving them a lot of first team football.

Moving abroad is also much less likely to happen unless the players have links to other European countries which in your case they don't. You have a few Nigerian/English players and a Barbadian/English player but all have more links to England than the likes of France/Germany/Italy/Spain.

If we look further up at your better players Christiansen is the obvious example. A decent Premiership player with a few weaknesses but I feel he is the sort of player lower Prem clubs/Top Championship clubs should be looking at. His contract is probably putting teams off at the moment - Just signed a few months ago with three years still to run while a kep player status combined with a £4.5m value will imply to other teams that he would be very expensive to sign. Their scout reports are probably saying "Welling are unlikely to want to sell this player"

Other players inbetween fall into a similar category, Bannan is maybe one that I would have expected to have mroe interest in him - Lower wage, 2 years left on contract, rotation status, Championship standard, Good Prem PA. The only reason I can see why is that you are giving him a fair amount of football and that he is happy.

Yeah so all in all the main reasons your players don't get interest are ability, contract length, happiness and the amount of football you are giving them. These all give other teams the hint that you don't want to sell and that the player is happy where he is so they move onto other targets.

Maybe it is just my expectations that has been to high. If i promote with a team and afterwards offer a regular starter out for certain amount i would expect there would be interest at least from the lower league clubs. I played appx. 19 seasons now and had maybe managed to sell 3-4 players - in the lower leagues i understand most clubs only take players for free.

"Yeah so all in all the main reasons your players don't get interest are ability, contract length, happiness and the amount of football you are giving them. These all give other teams the hint that you don't want to sell and that the player is happy where he is so they move onto other targets."

I tried actually also sell some players that got upset about playing time giving them away for free - i would assume in the real world it would be normal for a club to at least take a talk with the player about salaries. A free transfer is a free transfer.

Anyway i managed to skip Anders Christiansen off to Swansea for 9 million Euro in the January transfer window - money which is invested in another youth facility upgrade. So it seems that my league expansion are working and giving a more dynamic transfermarket. 4 sold players in last 2 transfer windows.

I am fully aware with the potential ratings the staff give, but as i want to win the CL with homegrown players i dont bring anyone in except for tutoring reasons and i know i probably will have 10-20 seasons more before it would be possible.

Thank you for taking your time to look into it - it is a bit more clear for me now.

1. My players with League 1 or 2 potentiale are to expensive in salary for the lower league clubs

2. My championship players are of interest of to few clubs

3. My young players are satisfied with playing time and the bigger clubs are considering that they are not worth investing in as they have their own great academies and youth recruitment.

Hopefully i can finish this challenge before FM16, so i be have plenty of time to do the Pentagon challenge :-)

Excellent work Cougar, would have jumped in myself but I've just started a new contract & I'm spending what free time I do have brushing up on knowledge that is a few years out of date.

Archived