My dream for Football Manager

My ultimate feature for Football Manager, which I realize would never happen, would be to incorporate the game with EA Tiburon's FIFA series. You handle all the manage,net aspects on FM, then head on over to FIFA on a PS4 or Xbox One to play the matches. Ah, 'tis but a pipe dream.

So, make dozens of brilliant tactical decisions pregame, and then destroy them all by an inability to work a game-system controller? No thanks. Enough sports have been destroyed by catering to the arcade market. It's why I can't play golf, American football, baseball, hockey, etc on my computer. (Okay, OOTP is still there for baseball and Eastside Hockey Manager reboot shows promise...)

My ultimate feature for Football Manager, which I realize would never happen, would be to incorporate the game with EA Tiburon's FIFA series. You handle all the manage,net aspects on FM, then head on over to FIFA on a PS4 or Xbox One to play the matches. Ah, 'tis but a pipe dream.

It might sound like a good game but tbh its a different one to FM.

FM is about managing a team not playing, thats the whole point.

Total Club Manager back on the xbox had what you're pretty much suggesting, it was very much an arcadey approach to it. You would pick your team in the lowest league and then import each of your matches in the FA cup into FIFA to play them and guarantee a spot in europe, rinse and repeat.

I do remember a formula one manager game many moons ago as well on PC. I liked it, but had no real understanding of what to do at the time.

I remember when you could play Total Club Manager matches on FIFA. It sounded like a great idea to my teenage self, but looking back over a decade later, it was a bit too arcadey for a football management simulation.

I'd love to see SI branch out into other sports besides football and ice hockey in the future. A few years ago, I would've been all over an F1 Manager-type game, but my interest in the sport has crashed since then. A half-decent rugby union management game, on the other hand...

Pro Cycling Manager introduced a new mode this year called Be A Pro. Basically you pick your age, level, potential and specialization, and select one of three offers to start your career. You have some influence on your training and schedule, but not full control. In the races you control your rider, but not the team. You gain XP from training, reaching goals and achieving good results, and eventually reach a new level which translates into higher attributes. It's probably a pipe dream, but I would love to be able to do that in FM. I also think that it would be a gold mine for whoever made something like that and I hope that it will be SI.

To be clear they haven't really made big changes. The mode uses the same engine and mechanics as the manager mode, they've just added this to it.

Archived