[fm15] (fictional database) Newgens, the challenge of nations

My idea for this database is that they are 220 teams representing each nation in the world. Each team will have generated players from its nation, and there are no transfer windows, so each club can only count on players generated from its own facilities. Practically you manage a national team but like a club. The team plays in the league of his continent, and in the continental cup. The goal is to improve the facilities and gradually climb the international hierarchies (the best goal is to play in the Intercontinetal World Cup) with the new better generated players. I hope my english is not so terrible and I begin to describe it.

Details

-5 new nations created, each one with a name of a continent: Europe, South America, North America, Africa, Asia, Oceania.

-220 teams created, each one with the name of a nation.

-Each team (representing a nation), is based in the represented nation, so it will have regens from the right nation. i.e. the team called Germany will have german new players in the under 20 and under 18 team.

-Each team play in the league based in the nation with the name of his continent (from 1 to 3 divisions according to the number of nations, usually a max of 18 team in a division).

-The teams have a reputation based on their home nation reputation. The level of the training facilities also is based on this reputation.

-Only the level of the youth research is the higher, and equal, for all teams, so each nation is able to have the maximum affluens of youth players from his nation.

-The reputation of each division and prizes are calculated on the basis of the best five teams present in the division.

-The teams can only count on players generated from their own structures, since transfers are not permitted.

-In addiction, for each continent there is a cup, setted as continental competition.

-The winners of each continetal competition will contest yearly the Intercontinental Cup (World Title between the nations).

Known issues

I have not the time to select 23 players for each team (220x23=5060 players), so I left the game will generate players for each team. Unfortunately when a new game is started from the beginning, players with an age over 20 are very poor value, while the future regens are good. I do not know the reasons but this problem does not appear when the leagues are loaded ingame, with the "add/remove" league function. In this case players generated at the beginning are all good, those over 20 years old also. This is the reason why I prepared two savegames instead of the editor data files.

Sometimes in the group stage of each continental cup, flag of the continental nation (i.e. Europe for the European Continental Cup) appears instead of the flag of the club's nation. I think this is a bug in the game and I cannot resolve it. This view problem never occur in the knockout phases.

Sometimes players with a different nationality should appear in some team, but in my tests they were 100% players with a dual nationality, and one of these is ever the right nationality of the team.

Asia and South America nations are respectively in the oceanian and north american continent, because there were technical problems to put them in the right continents. This cause only a minimal problem in the game, regarding the continental team reputation screen, because you view the asian and south american teams in the wrong continent.

Competitions

Leagues

Europe (54 nations)

-league A, 18 nations, 3 relegations

-league B, 18 nations, 3 promotions e 3 relegations

-league C, 18 nations, 3 promotions;

South America (10 nations)

-league A, 10 nations

Nord America (41 nations)

-league B, 18 nations, 3 promotions e 2 relegations

-league c, 5 nations, 2 promotions;

Africa (55 nations)

-league C, 19 nations, 3 promotions;

Asia (47 nations)

-league C, 11 nations, 3 promotions;

Oceania (13 nations)

-league A, 13 nations;

Cups:

European Continental Cup, 54 nations (The main phase start with the group stage: 24 teams in six groups with 4 teams. Winners, runner-up and the best four third placed teams will advance to the eight final)

South American Continental Cup, 10 nations (Group phase: 2 groups with 5 teams, winners and runners-up advance to semi-finals)

North American Continental Cup, 41 nations (group phase: 4 groups with 4 teams, the best two teams of each group qualify for the quarter-finals)

Africa Continental Cup, 55 nations (24 teams in six groups with 4 teams. Winners, runner-up and the best 4 third placed teams will advance to the eight final)

Asian Continental Cup, 47 nations (group phase: 4 groups with 4 teams, the best two teams of each group qualify for the quarter-finals)

Oceanian Continental Cup, 13 nations (Group phase: 2 groups with 4 teams, winners and runners-up advance to semi-finals)

Intercontinental World Championship:

Winners of the six continental competitions will contest yearly the Intercontinental Worl Championship. The format is a championship in a single venue (host nation stadium), so each team will play five times.

There are leagues for the teams under20 and under18 (divided in regional divisions), under18 cup and under20 cup.

DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

I prefer for convenience to include two savegames instead of the editor data files because of this problem: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/432585-Question-to-experts-PA-in-a-customized-league-max-115-despite-higher-rep-and-structures.

Choose the date you prefer to start, download and read the following instructions:

Savegame at the start date of the Asia and South America leagues (1 january 2015). Africa will load at 20 january 2015, while Europe, North America and Oceania will load in june, 20: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ddjub24my9mmfhh/BR_save1Gen2015_ASI-SAM-AFR_v6.rar

Savegame directly with the start date of Europe, North America and Oceania (other continents are in progress) 20 june 2015: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4tqmpwula531shs/BR_save20Giu2015_EUR-OCE-NAM_v6.rar

Save the file .fm contained in the downloaded zip in the folder: C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\games. Start football manager, then select "load game", then select the game BR_save1Gen2015(ASI-SAM-AFR)v6 or BR_save20Giu2015(EUR-OCE-NAM)v6, depending on the date you choose, and click on the "load" button. When the game is loaded, under "fm" select "add a new manager", then enjoy your new game. I recommend to save immediately with another name to preserve the original savegame.

SAVEGAMES WITH EDITOR IN-GAME ACTIVE

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g339c3jdzk0tzgg/BR_save1Gen2015_ASI-SAM-AFR_Editor.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mqb5p1hkxk3s891/BR_save20Giu2015_EUR-OCE-NAM_editor.rar

Editor data files

These are the file to start a new game but you have to follow these instructions or you will have problems with the transfer embargo and the quality of generated players in the first season.

Dowload editor data files: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bs3dc5v560is45w/BattleOfNewgens_v6.rar

Put the files, contained in the zip, in C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\editor data. I higly recommend to not use other files together in the editor data folder.

Start Football Manager. Start a new game using the Icelandic top division only (start in January 2014) and use a customized database. Database settings to have the best staff:

i9H3YsL.jpg

When the game is loaded, add a new manager unemployed. Then go to "fm">"add/remove league", remove the icelandic league and add the leagues of the nations Europe, South America, Asia, Africa, Oceania and North America (remember that South America is in North America continent and Asia in Oceania). Now send your manager on vacation until 1 January 2015, if you want to start with Asian, South American or African leagues, or 20 June 2015 if you want to start in Europe, North America or Oceania.

Now retire the manager, create a new one taking the control of the team you want and enjoy the game.

Logopack

Unrar in the folder C:\Users\yoursername\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\graphics, and reload your skin

link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/434106t222hgqca/battle_of_regens_logos.rar

Screenshots

Leagues

8cC9sBy.jpg

MkWoWjE.jpg

vm2ibk8.jpg

4lXyzsl.jpg

JJAT02E.jpg

Cups

5r7cdTb.jpg

ZidTQFv.jpg

g6oGfcT.jpg

lmAZBXE.jpg

nhWEZiD.jpg

JspQs4M.jpg

Intercontinetal World Championship with surprising result

JH4ClBG.jpg

teams

CGbVroz.jpg

3UPnJs2.jpg

jYfJBsI.jpg

MkMMUtI.jpg

m21Pm0y.jpg

under "World", you can use filters to see your reputation respect the teams of your and other continents

PTBGpEi.jpg

flMLnzI.jpg

RQShXQd.jpg

:)

Since I have a pc not very fast, my test went only to 2020, but I believe everything is ok.

Actually this result of the Saudi Arabia was obtained in a first version of the database. Now I adjusted more things and now the generated players are more realistic and in line with the reputation of the nation, so results are realistic too. Now it is very difficult that Saudi Arabia will win the Intercontinental Championship if someone does not improve the facilities. But simply I did not want to redo the screenshot I made before and I posted this old screenshot :).

The national regens work well, and in this latest version I adjusted more details in some nation, like Wales. In the first version indeed I noticed there were merged welsh and english newgens because the team is based in the city of Cardiff and Cardiff is in the Cardiff region. A similar thing occurred in Zanzibar (Tanzanian and Zanzibar regens) because the city of Zanzibar was setted with the tanzanian nationality. But now I fixed it and everything is ok :).

Yersterday evening I started a career in the asian C league =), and i didn't realize before that only 5 players on the bench are permitted in the continental cups. So I have updated the savegames (12 players on the bench now in CC, 7 in the league as before). In addiction I added a link in the first post with the editor data files and the procedure to obtain a game with decent players.

A problem is present with the preliminary round of the Asian Continental Championship and Oceanian Continental Championship.

Seems there are international rules hardcoded in the game, for these continents, which requires player registration, but no player registration dates are setted.

I will correct the files as soon as possible.

New version online now. Updated links in the first post.

-Continental competitions moved under "world", near the Intercontinetal World Championship. Solved all the player's registration problems.

-Added staff in the five edited nations.

-Added Language in the five nations to have the name of the created staff and grey players plausible.

EDIT: UPDATE ON SEPTEMBER 22

added in first post links to two addictional savegames with the in-game editor active.

This looks brilliant, just loaded it up and took the reins at St. Kitts and Nevis. (Don't know why, just seemed...exotic.) So, do I understand that the only players generated/available are generated by the national "team"? Probably won't need too many scouts, right?

It is databases like this that make me think SI should have a contest for best database every year, and award the winner a free copy of the next FM, maybe put them "in the game"...just thinking...

Yes podunkboy you did understand well, scouts are pretty useless, since you can use only players generated from your own structures and cannot buy other players.

well, I had plenty of salary left over, and they're on a one-year contract, maybe put all of them on "scout next opposition".

yes this is the only function in which scouts are useful, even if I think one or two scouts in this assignment is enough. Generally speaking I think is better to to preserve finances trying to offer a consensual resolution at the exceeding staff, but if you have engaged them recently, a one year contract probably will not be a big problem regarding your budget

UPDATE SEPTEMBER 27 (I hope definitive)

-I finally managed to determine seeding for the group stage of all the continental cups by team reputation (i.e. no Mexico and USA in the same group).

-Correct a problem determining the away goal rule was not applied in the knock-out stages and teams went anyway to extra times.

-Correct minor errors in the prize money for continental cups. The concept is that money is proportional to points earned by a team in the matches from the group stages onwards.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived