Some questions regarding attributes

Hello folks,

From playing the game and reading some threads on this forum, I understand that multiple attributes are involved in every action a player performs. For example: when a striker is presented with a chance, he needs anticipation to assess the goalkeeper's position and movement, composure to stay calm enough to make a decision about where to aim the ball, and then he needs finishing to place the ball between the posts. It helps if he can keep his balance, because defenders will challenge him and technique, especially for more difficult shots.

However, I'm still uncertain about some attributes in some situations, so I was hoping at some ideas or knowledge from others. And perhaps other people have questions as well, so let's help each other.

First of all Vision. "The ability to see a potential opening". Obviously important for passing, but I'm wondering if it useful for finishing and dribbling as well. For finishing to see a possible shot and for dribbling to see space for a dribble.

Concentration. Low concentration can cause mistakes in defence, but perhaps also attack? An attacker with low concentration might not see space to run into, or a midfielder might miss a pass opportunity.

Determination. The manual says "A commitment to succeed. A determined player will give everything in order to win. This ties in with Bravery". But bravery means not shying away from a challenge and go in where it hurts. We also have work rate, I interpret that as the willingness to cover a lot of ground during the match. I'm not sure what the role of determination then is. Does this mean not giving up and ensuring to keep your work rate, bravery and teamwork in all situations? Or does it also help in specific situations, like tackles, headers, or running to get a deep ball?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

From playing the game and reading some threads on this forum' date=' I understand that multiple attributes are involved in every action a player performs. For example: when a striker is presented with a chance, he needs [i']anticipation[/i] to assess the goalkeeper's position and movement, composure to stay calm enough to make a decision about where to aim the ball, and then he needs finishing to place the ball between the posts. It helps if he can keep his balance, because defenders will challenge him and technique, especially for more difficult shots.

However, I'm still uncertain about some attributes in some situations, so I was hoping at some ideas or knowledge from others. And perhaps other people have questions as well, so let's help each other.

That's a decent assessment. I don't think you missed anything there.

First of all Vision. "The ability to see a potential opening". Obviously important for passing' date=' but I'm wondering if it useful for finishing and dribbling as well. For finishing to see a possible shot and for dribbling to see space for a dribble. [/quote'] Interesting thought, but it is purely a passing option attribute. He will see more options with a higher attribute, with decisions and composure the key attributes determining which option he chooses.

Decisions (and composure again) will mainly affect dribbling and shot choices.

Concentration. Low concentration can cause mistakes in defence' date=' but perhaps also attack? An attacker with low concentration might not see space to run into, or a midfielder might miss a pass opportunity.[/quote']

It's more important as a defensive attribute, but yes, mistakes in general can be made too, although less costly than defensive errors.

Determination. The manual says "A commitment to succeed. A determined player will give everything in order to win. This ties in with Bravery". But bravery means not shying away from a challenge and go in where it hurts. We also have work rate' date=' I interpret that as the willingness to cover a lot of ground during the match. I'm not sure what the role of determination then is. Does this mean not giving up and ensuring to keep your work rate, bravery and teamwork in all situations? Or does it also help in specific situations, like tackles, headers, or running to get a deep ball?[/quote']

High Determination will see players being very motivated when going a goal down etc.

I find if you have a team of highly determined players, you equalise within 2 minutes a lot when going a goal down. In the older games, tonton Zola moukoko was a beast at equalising as soon as you went a goal down. Its been toned down in more recent fms but is still there.

Archived