[Questions] Servers, Gamemodes and Settings for FM16

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to know if it's possible to use a server rental service to run a network game on Football Manager and would it be a more viable option for playing a different type of FM save?

The reason I ask is because, forgive me for saying, that I still look to fill a void that was left behind by FML and I was hoping to raise a few questions and possibly ideas regarding the future of Network games.

With the Introduction of Create a Club and Fantasy Draft modes coming to Football Manager 2016 this November, I wanted to raise the questions and promote the possibilities of furthering the online aspect of Football Manager to those who wanted to experience it.

-Can it be possible to have Create a Club Mode integrated into the network game model (it's currently publicised as a Single Player Mode), where an administrator/host can set the budgets each team starts with and their player pool ability level (i.e. League Two players)?

-Can the host be able to change settings of it's network game to a real time model similar to that of FML where each season progress over a set time frame and their system runs the processing end of the game?

-In relation to the the hosting of real time network game, can it be possible to offload the the hosting of a network game to a user subscribed dedicated server that could be possible to run their network game on a 24/7 basis (Barring maintenance and scheduled updates)? - just to put this into context, it would be very similar to using a dedicated server site like ones used to purchase minecraft servers etc.

Basically the opportunity is there to provide the players themselves to run their own Mini FML-esque network games, The features are coming, and along with the advancements of home systems and uses of the internet, giving the user base the opportunity to connect with more people in an environment they all understand and love would surely give a new scope to what Football Manager is all about.

Archived