FM2015 Morale Boosts...

Hi, I've been playing CM / FM since it's inception, though since it's been available have been playing FMC.

I'm very tempted with FM 16 to move back to the full fat game, but one of the things that sent me to classic in the first place was that if you could be bothered to, raising morale of your team was just too easy, just through having conversations, linking them with other players etc...

I've just fired up full fat FM 15 to get to grips with full fat mode and saw that this still appears to be the case - from the beginning you can just praise your players as individuals for their conduct and they all go away happy...a team meeting sends morale even higher...and again it all feels a bit easy, and a bit dull!! I guess what I'm clinging onto is the hope that doing this is not as positive as it appears! Is there any risk involved in artificially raising morale like this, or any chance of a backlash? If not I guess it's onto FM Touch for 2016...

from the beginning you can just praise your players as individuals for their conduct and they all go away happy...a team meeting sends morale even higher...and again it all feels a bit easy, and a bit dull!!

So don't do it then?

So don't do it then?

Very helpful - Thank-you...The point is that if there is something in the game that means you can just boost morale so simply, it's unrealistic and shouldnt be there...unless I'm missing something, and there is a possibility of some form of backlash / negative response.

Just saying 'don't do it then' is a pointless response. It's like me saying 'the game could do with being a bit more difficult' and a response of 'only pick crap player then'. Totally missing the point...

You're switching game modes because you're exploiting one particular talk, so don't do it and you can still use every other feature that comes with full fat mode. That's the point.

Of course these areas will expand and improve. But it's clearly a bit of an exploit and you seem to know this.

It depends on what is ailing your team and what the root of the morale issue is. If the team is just a bit below par for the season a team talk can (and should) give a good temporary boost if you play your cards right. The morale boost is just that though, temporary. If instead you have a troublemaker in the lofker room a boost from a team talk will quickly turn around, especially if you're not winning. I wouldn't mind a tougher locker room but to say the current model is exploitable is kind of silly.

Archived